Will Daenerys become greatest ruler of all time?

blckp

she is only 14 years old yet already accomplished so many things and capable than any ruler westeros had last hundred years

as Jorah said

You would not only be respected and feared, you would be loved. Someone who can rule and should rule. Centuries come and go without a person like that coming into the world. There are times when I look at you, and I still can't believe you're real.

The greatest ruler of all time seems subjective and generally an unachievable title. Yes, they could call her 'the great', but no one has ever been called the greatest and the 'quiality' of ruling depends on many many other factors than the ruler's personal qualities - his councelors, the 'international' situation and the personal qualities and ambitions of the feudal lords. Then comes the question who is the greatest - the conqueror or the peacemaker, the just or the vengeful and so on. 

All that being said, her ruling up to now is not that great as Jorah claims, I'd say it's quite the opposite. Even if we forgive her some mistakes, her decisions in the Slaver's bay remind me somehow of Aegon V's decisions regarding the smallfolk which made the lords unhappy and ultimately were taken back (she abolished slavery and makes the masters unhappy and when she leaves they train slaves again). In conclusion, imho she could be a great ruler (no matter how much I dislike her) but I don't see now what Jorah sees.

Now it's hard to believe you're sincere with your Dany-love, Stark-hate fanboyism, now it looks more like an exaggerated parody. I mean, you have read the Meereen Clusterfuck chapters from "A Dance with Dragons", haven't you? How on Earth could you, at present, nurse the thought of Dany being "greatest ruler of all time"?

Simply looking at Dany's actions in Meereen reveals her as an incompetent leader. She's bamboozled by the Green Grace, takes hostages to insure the cooperation of the noble Meereenese Houses and declines to punish/kill them when those Houses act against her, closes the fighting pits on ethical grounds then opens them again, outlaws slavery and allows it to begin again as long as it's out of town. 

Jorah can't believe she's real? I can't either.

22 minutes ago, Light a wight tonight said:

Simply looking at Dany's actions in Meereen reveals her as an incompetent leader. She's bamboozled by the Green Grace, takes hostages to insure the cooperation of the noble Meereenese Houses and declines to punish/kill them when those Houses act against her, closes the fighting pits on ethical grounds then opens them again, outlaws slavery and allows it to begin again as long as it's out of town. 

Not only that but she becomes a slaver herself when she gains money from slave trade. I don't even mention that she tortured and killed 163 without a trial and without knowing if they had killed those children and how she orders the torture of two young girls, most likely children, because their father may or may not know something.

22 minutes ago, Knight of valour said:

Why do people hate on her so much? She is a strong willed little girl and is written that way. She isn't perfect but that is not what makes a good character!

for me its her tendency for mass murder that puts me off, I mean her first though when faced with a problem is blood and fire. she exemplifies the saying "the road to hell is paved in good intentions" and really is just the worst person to rule anything

3 hours ago, Light a wight tonight said:

Simply looking at Dany's actions in Meereen reveals her as an incompetent leader.

Looking at Dany's actions in Meereen also reveals that she's both trying her best and learning fast.

There's no answer to OP's question. At present Dany has the potential to be an enlightened ruler or a ruthless tyrant.

I believe the fact that it is so hard to guess which way her story is going might mean that it will have a surprising twist soon.

I can agreed with some of the other people said about Dany. Her decisions and actions regarding Mereen shows she's not a good ruler. A good conquer, but a bad ruler. 

As for the future, i think she won't become a good ruler as with the prophecies of treasons that is making her more paranoid and ready to accept her identity as a Targaryen, she will only spread more chaos than harmony.

Archived