Arya the faceless queen

TPTWP Timett

Everyone knows Arya is in training to become a faceless man also most on this site know the Ned prophecy that  Arya will marry a king. I basically believe that Arya may appear in westeros all throughout the Winds of Winter wearing the face of other characters, and killing through her list like a boss.( I actually believe that in the sample chapter 

Spoiler

When Asha says to take Theon to the heart tree and behead him that that's Arya wearing Yara's face.

) eventually Dany girl and her band of misfits come at odds with Arya's half brother/cousin Jon Snow. So I believe that this is when Arya will kill the last Targ and assume her command rule westeros marries her brother/cousin making him brother/cousin/husband and bringing the north back into the realm. Now I assume this will have to take place after the dragons are dead unless she can warg them which I'm not even sure is possible. So maybe the dragons die fighting whitewalkers maybe Bran gets a message about weirwood arrows to his siblings anything. The main point is Arya assuming Danys reign, and marring Jon or whoever is king in the north or king of the free folk to fulfill Ned's prophecy.

28 minutes ago, Light a wight tonight said:

Looks like this belongs in the Show subforum. Your hidden content doesn't happen in the books.

It happens in a sample chapter and you are right I had the fanfiction name for Asha my apologies. But I'm try to lookup the sample chapter now I'll post a link when I find it.

I assume you refer to this line (sample chapter of TWOW, Theon I, Asha talking to Stannis):

"Then do the deed yourself, Your Grace."  The chill in Asha's voice made Theon shiver in his chains.  "Take him out across the lake to the islet where the weirwood grows, and strike his head off with that sorcerous sword you bear.  That is how Eddard Stark would have done it.  Theon slew Lord Eddard's sons.  Give him to Lord Eddard's gods.  The old gods of the north.  Give him to the tree."

Even if we have no precise reference point to match the timeline of the Mercy chapter and the Theon I chapter, I do agree to this:

12 minutes ago, Light a wight tonight said:

IMO the timeline doesn't match for the switched identities. Arya is training with Izembaro in Braavos, as per her sample chapter.

Further: I would be careful making a prophecy of whatever any character has said in the story.

Ned's "promise" to Arya counts for me more as a father trying to soothe his daughter rather than being a prophecy; at least compared to the heavy prophecies we have to struggle to understand and match like from all those magic People around (The Undying, Quaithe, GOHH, etc.).

Lastly: The Faceless Men can change their face and hair. As to my knowledge the only precise description of the process we have from Arya watching Jaquen H'gar at Harrenhal. And of course the different faces Arya receives at the House of Black and White (Blind Beth, Mercy). But it is the face and hair that change, not the rest of the bodie's shape. So, Arya changing her appearance to that of Asha might already pose a difficulty, as Arya has no breast grown yet, she is skinny and 10 years old. Asha however already has breasts grown, she has the body of a 25 year old woman. While this might still be possible to match: when should Arya have had the time to kill the real Asha and take her face? It seems to be a bold assumption to me that Arya was already so advanced in her training to take off a face frome a dead person and to fix it on herself.

9 hours ago, Light a wight tonight said:

IMO the timeline doesn't match for the switched identities. Arya is training with Izembaro in Braavos, as per her sample chapter.

The time line is a issue but I don't think it's far fetched that we don't know the exact time line yet. Anyways I thought about the time line but thought it was worth talking about. 

6 minutes ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Arya was blind for half a year, which started when Arya met Sam.  It only took Sam a few weeks to get to Oldtown where he intersects with Eurons timeline from his sample chapter.  As per Arya's sample chapter Justin Massey has not yet made it to Bravos and Arya is still there.  It's just not possible.

8 hours ago, Greywater-Watch said:

I assume you refer to this line (sample chapter of TWOW, Theon I, Asha talking to Stannis):

"Then do the deed yourself, Your Grace."  The chill in Asha's voice made Theon shiver in his chains.  "Take him out across the lake to the islet where the weirwood grows, and strike his head off with that sorcerous sword you bear.  That is how Eddard Stark would have done it.  Theon slew Lord Eddard's sons.  Give him to Lord Eddard's gods.  The old gods of the north.  Give him to the tree."

Even if we have no precise reference point to match the timeline of the Mercy chapter and the Theon I chapter, I do agree to this:

Further: I would be careful making a prophecy of whatever any character has said in the story.

Ned's "promise" to Arya counts for me more as a father trying to soothe his daughter rather than being a prophecy; at least compared to the heavy prophecies we have to struggle to understand and match like from all those magic People around (The Undying, Quaithe, GOHH, etc.).

Lastly: The Faceless Men can change their face and hair. As to my knowledge the only precise description of the process we have from Arya watching Jaquen H'gar at Harrenhal. And of course the different faces Arya receives at the House of Black and White (Blind Beth, Mercy). But it is the face and hair that change, not the rest of the bodie's shape. So, Arya changing her appearance to that of Asha might already pose a difficulty, as Arya has no breast grown yet, she is skinny and 10 years old. Asha however already has breasts grown, she has the body of a 25 year old woman. While this might still be possible to match: when should Arya have had the time to kill the real Asha and take her face? It seems to be a bold assumption to me that Arya was already so advanced in her training to take off a face frome a dead person and to fix it on herself.

Well we did have a five year jump thrown away and I'm by no means saying any of this is fact. Even if Arya couldn't have made it to Asha I still think the Daenerys angle could happen. 

12 hours ago, Greywater-Watch said:

It's not prophecy. I think he meant it's more like foreshadowing.

How do Ned's words soothe a girl like Arya? He saw her future in KL a place where she found little to be happy about and went into near depression. This makes no sense. If he was going to "soothe" her, reminding her that their situation in KL was temporary, they would go back to Winterfell and she would see her family again...etc. That makes more sense if "soothing" was Ned's intention.

Instead it looks like GRRM is speaking through Ned. The detail of which is very interesting: The roles her children could play are mentioned. The fact that Arya and Cersei have similar scenes about wedding the King is also important. Maggy tells Cersei she can asks three questions. Arya asks three questions to Ned. The things she asks to become are all Queenly pursuits. Build castles? Yup. A High Septon? Maybe one of her children will. Or perhaps the New Gods will be entirely abandoned and perhaps Arya will have a direct connection with the Old Gods. Her brother Bran. Can she be a King's Counsellor? Some of the best Queens were. 

This wasn't a father soothing his daughter. Not a girl like Arya. 

All this time with the FM has to pay off somewhere, somehow and hopefully for Arya.  I sincerely hopes she employs the face trick to subvert her own identity to keep herself from harm upon her return to Westeros.   I don't hope she arbitrarily discards her rearing as a Stark to become a phantom killer.   Arya's kills have thus far been to save herself or exact justice.   She is also just a little girl, 12 or 13, despite her formative lessons in life, I think there is some hope that she will recover her true self.  The face trick is a useful thing, as is intelligence gathering and spying and all this other cool stuff this child is learning.   However, a return to Westeros would indicate that Arya is becoming self conscious.  With this awakening should come rediscovery of her Starkness and a return to her core values.  Maybe even her wolf, too.   At that point I hope Arya's magical arc becomes prevalent.   TBH the FM are becoming tedious in light of the much Arya has to do as her real self.   

5 hours ago, Greywater-Watch said:

I never really understood the difference :huh:

You're not supposed to. Prophecy really annoys me in that half the time we have no idea where it came from. Who knows what the original Azor Ahai story was before thousands of years and miles. 

But no, I don't think Ned was making some prophecy. I don't recall him having any other prophetic statements. 

6 hours ago, Greywater-Watch said:

I never really understood the difference :huh:

Prophecy are what GoHH says, Dany's vision with the undying at the end of the HotU visit, ... It is a foretelling seen in a vision or dream that is relayed.

Foreshadowing are words said or heard or scenes seen that hint at the reader what may be coming in the plot, but which characters in the story think of as unrelated to prophecy. Compare for example the scene of Gregor beheading his horse at the tourney and then his own beheading.

Ned isn't having visions or dreams of the future. He's just talking to his daughter, reassuring her, without actually knowing what her future will be. So it isn't a prophecy, just a prediction based on rational thoughts. But he may inadvertenly and unknowingly have predicted correctly, If Arya does marry a king, and it doesn't have to be "the king", but a king as a nickname or symbolical sense, then Ned inadvertently foreshadowed Arya's fate.

Another example: GoHH prophesies the things we see happening in the snow-castle-building chapter of Sansa. But that chapter is full of foreshadowing for the reader of future plot.

1 hour ago, Lord Vance II said:

I don't recall him having any other prophetic statements. 

Indeed, Ned didn't utter any prophecy. He has however cursed a bunch of people, of which several are indeed dead already, and there is little doubt imo they will all die prematurely. He damned Cersei, Jaime, Varys, Slynt, Renly, Selmy, LF, Pycelle and himself (thrice). You could say his damnation of them is at the very least a foreshadowing. Since he's pretty much described as being like one of the statues of the KitN in the crypts down in the dungeons at the time, his curse of them may carry a certain magical weight.

3 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

He damned Cersei, Jaime, Varys, Slynt, Renly, Selmy, LF, Pycelle and himself (thrice).

I mean, I guess Jon ending Slynt could work, but Renly and Pycelle's deaths had nothing to do with Ned or his family, and just saying someone will die shouldn't qualify as prophecy in this story. I just don't see Ned as having any magic or prophecy to him (other than inherent Starkness).  And I might be in a minority, but I'n holding out hope that Jaime and Varys might live to see the epilogue. The others mentioned are pretty doomed. 

Archived