Sopranos- so awesome

Calibandar

4 hours ago, Nictarion said:

He never really had a chance. 

I call BS.  Lots of people grow up with parents who resent their kids stealing their lives, who indulge in all kinds of narcissistic melodrama (it's basically a stereotype of the mother in many cultures), who act like martyrs, who criticize and undermine their kids, and/or become a horrible self-involved burden for their adult kids.  Yes, those people do in fact have a chance to not be violent sociopathic parasites who murder and ruin the lives of others. 

16 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

I call BS.  Lots of people grow up with parents who resent their kids stealing their lives, who indulge in all kinds of narcissistic melodrama (it's basically a stereotype of the mother in many cultures), who act like martyrs, who criticize and undermine their kids, and/or become a horrible self-involved burden for their adult kids.  Yes, those people do in fact have a chance to not be violent sociopathic parasites who murder and ruin the lives of others. 

Lot's of people don't grow up part of the mob. Tony's path was destined from the moment he was born. He said it himself, being a rebel in his family would have been selling patio furniture or some shit. Look at the episode where Tony has the flashback to his first murder. Paulie talks about how proud Johnny was, and you can see Tony is upset thinking about it. Combine the lifestyle with the kind of woman Livia was and I think Tony was pretty fucked from the start. Not saying Tony wasn't a bad guy though. Obviously he was a sociopath. Bobby grew up in the life and he wasn't nearly as bad.

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Nicomo Cosca said:

Yeah I made a thread for it cause I didn't feel like digging this one up. There's an episode, either Down Neck or Fortunate Son I think that has flashbacks to this exact time period. 

Archived