Jon Snow, The King Who Knelt?

AdesteFideles

Dany doesn't need Jon and his bullshit, the reason why Dany give him option to bend the knee and didn't executed him is because of Tyrion , logically best way would be fight in neck but now she have to save kneeling moron. Can't this woman catch a break?

On 10/28/2016 at 8:38 AM, kimim said:

There hasn't been a king or queen of the North in centuries, so there is no "rightful king." Or Queen. Jon was elected by acclamation, and that's all there is to it.

There is a rightful lord/lady of Winterfell, and that would be Bran, not Sansa. I hope someone bothers to recall it, but given these spoilers, it wouldn't surprise me if no one does.

As for "bending the knee," spoilers make it sound like this will be the worst season ever, but this, at least, makes sense. Sure Jon would bend his pretty knees. He's got nothing to bargain with, and Dany is sitting on everything he needs. He's looking at the end of the North without her help. If she tells him to get naked and do the chicken dance, he would. Or he should.

Having said that, literally everything else in the spoilers list sucks.

The show can and will do what it wants and logic probably will not have much to do with it but rather the show runners own desires. If and when Bran returns to Winterfell, that is a very signifigant event and one that most certainly will have implications for any title Jon may be been bestowed upon him in 6/10.

The kneeling part of the leaks doesn't bother me.  It's totally in character for Jon to kneel if he thinks that is what it will take to protect his people.  

Jon Snow walking into a trap for the third season in a row pisses me off though.  The latest leak details (not sure if legit, not from the Lads guy) have Jon getting smacked by a wight polar bear and being essentially useless when the NK springs his trap during the wight hunt.  They could have at least let him do something heroic like attempting to sacrifice himself to save the rest of the group.  

I'm starting to think D&D dislike the Jon Snow character, or maybe just Kit, because they consistently write the character as an incompetent fool.  

It looks as though R'hllor brought him back solely so he could lure Dany north with his sexy arse.  The Eye Candy that was Promised.  TV Jon is a joke.  

3 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

The kneeling part of the leaks doesn't bother me.  It's totally in character for Jon to kneel if he thinks that is what it will take to protect his people.  

Jon Snow walking into a trap for the third season in a row pisses me off though.  The latest leak details (not sure if legit, not from the Lads guy) have Jon getting smacked by a wight polar bear and being essentially useless when the NK springs his trap during the wight hunt.  They could have at least let him do something heroic like attempting to sacrifice himself to save the rest of the group.  

I'm starting to think D&D dislike the Jon Snow character, or maybe just Kit, because they consistently write the character as an incompetent fool.  

It looks as though R'hllor brought him back solely so he could lure Dany north with his sexy arse.  The Eye Candy that was Promised.  TV Jon is a joke.  

The claim that blckp posted, which was secondhand (not directly posted from the original leaker), that claimed that Dany would tell Jon he doesn't have to kneel and he'd do so anyway, seems pretty ridiculous to me if true.

"I've just been named king of a kingdom that's been devastated by war from fighting for independence and now that I'm offered independence I'm just going to insist we give it up! Because, reasons!"

3 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Blckp known hater of Jon also was or is on reddit too but info from 4chan.. Who wrote that part of Jon walking into trap? There is nothing on original leak (that are somehow in parts solid) that says Jon gets smacked by wight polar bear. Polar bear is suppose to kill someone else. In fact it stated that he fights horde all by himself while others have run to safety aka dragons.

17 minutes ago, kg1982 said:

Wait.  That is a new one.  So now the wight polar bear is a trap?  I thought we were talking about the stupidity of Jon deciding that Cersei was a reasonable person who would listen to him.  

They go North to capture a wight, succeed apparently since they show one to Cersei, yet the NK is there to attack them.  So yes, it reads like Jon Snow walks into yet another trap.  

I'm not convinced Jon Snow comes up with the Wight Hunt in order to persuade Cersei into helping, it makes more sense that he does it in order to persuade Dany.  

I think the main source of drama in S7 is going to be:  will Dany give up her pursuit of the Iron Throne do deal with the Walkers?  Jon can't convince her to do that by the sound of things, so he comes up with the dumbass wight hunt.  I can't convince her with words, so I'll have to show her.  That sort of thing.  

They probably just show the wight to Cersei as an afterthought.  They've got the wight, might as well try to use it to get more help.  At least that's how I hope it goes down.    

12 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Blckp is knonw hater of Jon, also was or is on reddit. There is nothing on original leak that says Jon gets smacked by wight polar bear. Polar bear is suppose to kill Thoros. In fact it stated that he fights horde all by himself while others have run to safety aka dragons.

I hope your right.  I knew that "leak" wasn't from Lads, so I was suspicious, but couldn't be sure.  

The whole wight hunt thing is still stupid, but a badass moment of Jon attempting to sacrifice himself for the group would at least make it more palatable.   

4 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

I hope your right.  I knew that "leak" wasn't from Lads, so I was suspicious, but couldn't be sure.  

The whole wight hunt thing is still stupid, but a badass moment of Jon attempting to sacrifice himself for the group would at least make it more palatable.   

It was from 4chan. Now i know and it said Jon gets smashed by wight polar bear and stuff. They added believable info on how battle in the south goes but tbh wouldn't surprise me since they¨re butchering Jon left, right and center. But they're using him for battles mostly and having greatest swordsman basically only thing he can do for them, being action hero getting smashed and be useless for the rest of the fight sounds unlikely. In fact if Jon shines somewhere it's the battle. Otherwise no point having him there.

8 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

It was from 4chan. Now i know and it said Jon gets smashed by wight polar bear and stuff. They added believable info on how battle in the south goes but tbh wouldn't surprise me since they¨re butchering Jon left, right and center. But they're using him for battles mostly and having greatest swordsman basically only thing he can do for them, being action hero getting smashed and be useless for the rest of the fight sounds unlikely. In fact if Jon shines somewhere it's the battle. Otherwise no point having him there.

And the stuff that they added about the battle in the south is BS as well.  Jaime doesn't nearly kill Drogon.  Also, in what world does Davos abandon his king?

Archived