Which characters has the biggest chance to survive the series ?

LordImp

16 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

Exactly. And where are we getting this indication that Arya won't be needed? So basically Arya has zero skills other than just killing, is it? She should go back to Braavos and become a soulless assassin for some reason, because she has no other way to help her siblings, is it?

Makes tremendous sense, sure.

This is the first I'm hearing of this. Apparently, it's coming from a "massive Arya fan". ^_^ LMAO

On 18/10/2016 at 1:40 AM, LordImp said:

If Jon survives . You think he will be King ? 

Yes but not the way most people think. To quote myself

I believe that especially after LN2.0 being the King will be the burden that the savior will have exactly because he had saved the Realm, or at least because he was the leader. That means that he will have to rebuild a Realm in ruins and help the people who will be in peril with way less provisions that any other King had before. So being a King will not be a good thing but the result of his actions, the burden he has to bear for being the leader of humanity.

6 hours ago, Greywater-Watch said:

Green: I cannot imagine that GRRM invests so much work in the storyline of a POV character just for nothing.

Certainly not - but there won´t be a special situation along the way that only Arya can solve. She is not irreplacable. Noone most likely is. And after all this mess has been resolved (which Arya has emotional reasons to help with and she have done her part) there is no reason why Arya just can´t go back to Braavos. Insisting that she is needed, that the Starks must unite and that she must marry a lord or king undercuts Aryas self-value. Instead of reward she will be served poison in the name of some greater good that doesn´t exist so that some fans (who has a reading on Arya which baffles me) can get the ending they (not Arya) want.

5 hours ago, DutchArya said:

This is the first I'm hearing of this. Apparently, it's coming from a "massive Arya fan". ^_^ LMAO

You are not really impressing me with your notions of Aryas future either. Not only are they unlikely and undercuts Aryas arc of self and independence, they are tragic and is based on a reward system that simply doesn´t fit her. And when I point that out, you say that GRRM's characters get what they want (But you want Arya to get this and you think she want it, which say a lot about you) and that somehow, magically she might change her mind about it (so, somehow it should be seen as a reward, yet it clearly isn´t. A clear case of projection) - in the same way the hero always gets the girl. Either Arya won´t get what she want - and in that case I think forced servitude to the Faceless men might work as well as a tragic ending, it is far less bitter than marrying a king - thats for sure. Or she will get at least some of what she want and in that case your ending gives her nothing - as I have already described in detail. At a bare minimum - some sort of freedom in Westeros is a must for her to stay there and you are not even willing to give her that.

This sounds like an unhealthy "I know whats best for them" love, parents with zero insight think about their kids. Arya is her own higher power and that should be respected. That´s why I am a massive Arya fan. I respect Arya to do her own choices which is in line with her character - something you are unable to do.

Arya is only 11 years old.  She is still a child.  She is going to have to grow up some time.  When I think about her story, I am reminded of a quote given to Jon: "Kill the boy, and let the man be born."  In Arya's case, "Kill the girl, let the lady be born."  Growing up and rejoining her family will mean taking on responsibility, which could include marriage, rulership, or all sorts of things.  And her story, like that of all the Stark kids, is one of coming-of-age.  Assuming that she goes back to Braavos assumes essentially no character growth,  I don't see that happening.

However, of all the Starks, I think she is the most likely to not make it to the end.  There is too much of a connection to death and some foreshadowing that bothers me.  Primarily Ned's comment about how she reminds him of his brother and sister, and her comment to Elmar Frey (her betrothed):  "I hope your princess dies!".  Although I continue to hold out hope she makes it through. 

I think Bran will make it, because the story started with him at Winterfell, and I think it will end with Bran at Winterfell.  Sam is a good possibility, simply because his death wouldn't really have much of an impact.  I also see Sansa making it through, but I would list Bran and Sam as my sure things. 

Archived