U.S. Elections: Orange is the New Wack

Manhole Eunuchsbane

1 minute ago, LongRider said:

The point is he's currently made unproven claims and already decided guilt.  See his comments on the Central Park 5.  He's using very poor judgement folks. Not presidential.  Sad.

Sure, I'll give you that point. No one knows for sure who did it at this point.

57 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

His grandfather was Herr Drumpf aus Deutschland, just sayin'. Not all Americans of German descent are Nazi sympathisers of course, since my wife is an American of partly German descent and I'm pretty sure she isn't a Nazi sympathiser. But still Trump's apparent associations and rhetoric are not inconsistent with it. Probably is a crazy liberal conspiracy, but more of an 80% probability rather than 99.9% probability.

Well, hell, at least I feel better then, thanks. (Plus weren't there reports of him reading Hitler's speeches? But does he really read?)

I will also, however, admit to sometimes wondering in dark moments if, given his penchant for projection, if he isn't accusing everyone of rigging the election because he is deliberately rigging the election, not just via some backdoor WikiLeaks connection, but maybe by colluding with the Russians to hack electronic voting. That's probably bordering on a conspiracy theory as well.

1 minute ago, LongRider said:

The point is he's currently made unproven claims and already decided guilt.  See his comments on the Central Park 5.  He's using very poor judgement folks. Not presidential.  Sad.

Also sets him for when the perps, if found and proven to have nothing to do with Clinton's campaign, to be able to bellow 'rigged!" 

same oh, same oh

Yup. Trump always uses poor judgement. And like I said, notice his silence when 3 white domestic terrorists were caught with a plan to blow up a mosque? It speaks volumes. He's implying Clinton supporters and Democrats are animals and violent. If he wasn't, he wouldn't have even brought her up into this. Notice how Clinton didn't imply that the 3 white guys planning to blow up a mosque were animal Trump supporters? 

32 minutes ago, DunderMifflin said:

Also there's a rich history of elected officials comparing Reps to nazis

And there is a rich history of certain people getting the John Bircher Communist Blues.

Hey everyone, check your closet. There might be a communist in there.

Just now, Daniel Plainview said:

Yup. Trump always uses poor judgement. And like I said, notice his silence when 3 white domestic terrorists were caught with a plan to blow up a mosque? It speaks volumes. He's implying Clinton supporters and Democrats are animals and violent. If he wasn't, he wouldn't have even brought her up into this. Notice how Clinton didn't imply that the 3 white guys planning to blow up a mosque were animal Trump supporters? 

These are good points also. 

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yes, all those things are deplorable. Painting all his supporters (or even a significant percentage of them) with a broad brush in the manner that Hillary did was not smart. Even if there was some truth to it. What she should've said IMO, is let's look at some of the deplorable people and organizations that are supporting Donald Trump. Take David Duke for instance. Take Aryan Nations. Are these the sort of folks that you want to align yourself with? That sort of thing.

Goodness sakes! Hillary Clinton made one hyperbolic remark! The pearls, they have been clutched so HARD by the "you people are too sensitive" crowd.

I am not accusing you of over-reacting to this. And in a more symmetrical election, that would be a series gaffe. But it underscores how fucked up the disparity is that Trump says a dozen worse things every day and it all just gets lost in the general noise of his awfulness.

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

Goodness sakes! Hillary Clinton made one hyperbolic remark! The pearls, they have been clutched so HARD by the "you people are too sensitive" crowd.

I am not accusing you of over-reacting to this. And in a more symmetrical election, that would be a series gaffe. But it underscores how fucked up the disparity is that Trump says a dozen worse things every day and it all just gets lost in the general noise of his awfulness.

I hear you, I'm just kind of tired of having her every gaffe be downplayed or compared favorably to things Orange Foolius has said or done. He's set the bar so low that I think it's almost meaningless to write off things she's done only because he's done much worse. I would like to think that we hold her to a higher standard.

Well, there were the massive lies out of the dub admin about yellow cake, wmd, etc. in order to go to war in Iraq which had nothing to do with the crime of 9/11.  That is proven, not tin foil;  people such as Valerie Plame lost their positions over telling the truth.

2 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I think decentralising jobs that no longer need to be urbanised is one way of bettering the rural economy without demanding that people move into cities. To that end one of the best things that can be done for rural communities is good quality, reliable and affordable internet. If you have the internet you have access to the entire world, and that creates economic opportunities since you have a potential market of a few billion people.

Take jobs away from favorable demographics? That's what you suggest? No, I say. Let 'em rot in their hovels. If they want support they can assist legislative action that benefits everyone. Or they can pull themselves up by their bootstraps. 

1 hour ago, Shryke said:

Re: The firebombing in NC, the candidates tweets are exactly what you thought they would be:

Clinton said the only reasonable and proper thing, Trump claims his opponent is a criminal.

But they're both basically the saaame!!!

4 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I hear you, I'm just kind of tired of having her every gaffe be downplayed or compared favorably to things Orange Foolius has said or done. He's set the bar so low that I think it's almost meaningless to write off things she's done only because he's done much worse. I would like to think that we hold her to a higher standard.

"Every gaffe downplayed" by whom? Which gaffes? Because the deplorables comment has, uh, not been downplayed.

6 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I think at this point just having a standard is sufficient. Your kind of moral consternation has its uses, I suppose, but setting different standards is how freakshows like Trump become commonplace.

Does it ever feel like Gourd's sole purpose in this entire process is to agitate for some personal gain that has nothing to do with becoming president? I mean, I didn't really come to this idea until after the second debate, followed by the shackles coming off last week and his Tweet meltdown. Do just enough to look like maybe he wants it, stirstirstir, but then dial up the insane to keep him behind. At this point, it's at least as plausible as the idea that he thinks he can run the country. And if I'm even remotely correct (I'm almost certainly not) oh Paul Ryan. You moron.

13 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I hear you, I'm just kind of tired of having her every gaffe be downplayed

The deplorable comment was so downplayed that Anderson Cooper couldn't be bothered to bring it up in the second debate.  Good thing he didn't and that she didn't apologize, would have been embarrassing. 

Oh wait, Cooper did call her out and she did apologize, what was I thinkin'?

4 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

Does it ever feel like Gourd's sole purpose in this entire process is to agitate for some personal gain that has nothing to do with becoming president? I mean, I didn't really come to this idea until after the second debate, followed by the shackles coming off last week and his Tweet meltdown. Do just enough to look like maybe he wants it, stirstirstir, but then dial up the insane to keep him behind. At this point, it's at least as plausible as the idea that he thinks he can run the country. And if I'm even remotely correct (I'm almost certainly not) oh Paul Ryan. You moron.

No. Too much of a narcissist to torpedo himself for someone else. And enough of a narcissist to try to lash out and try to take everyone with him when he feels he's sinking. 

Archived