U.S. Elections: Orange is the New Wack

Manhole Eunuchsbane

Real talk from Rep. Brady on Trump trying to push voter intimidation tactics.

"We've been around a long time; these guys who want to come in are rookies," said Rep. Bob Brady (D-Pa.), who represents much of Philadelphia. "We're going to do everything right. These guys better not do anything to hinder the election, because it'd backfire completely on them. We'd put it out on the street, that they're challenging black votes, and people will come out in droves. I hope they try to challenge everybody, because we'll have lines and lines and lines."

To be honest, I'm not really concerned about this 'Trump election watcher' nonsense (or whatever the thing is called). For one, the Trump campaign isn't nearly organized enough to put anything concrete together, so it'll almost certainly be just some random supporters here and there making trouble. I'm sure there will be a couple isolated incidents, but there always are, and at worst they end with precinct workers calling the police to sort it out. Beyond that, there are huge numbers of election officials and lawyers from both parties involved with every step of the process (which is also why voter fraud and vote hacking aren't concerns); more than enough people to sort nearly any issue before the police need to get involved.

And as a last resort, as Rep. Brady alludes to, thanks to geographic sorting any place where Trump election watchers would try to make trouble are places where they're the outsiders and the crowds will not stand for them interfering.

5 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I honestly have no idea what that means.

I think it means you're an NFL RB. Hopefully more LeSean McCoy and less Trent Richardson.

ETA: Seriously. I've only heard that describe running backs and only by college announcers actually.

4 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I honestly have no idea what that means.

I think Tywin is saying your crush on Rockroi is making you an actual, rather than pretend, Patriots fan who wants to make the NFL great again. Pretty sure anyway.

17 minutes ago, Fez said:

I think it means you're an NFL RB. Hopefully more LeSean McCoy and less Trent Richardson.

ETA: Seriously. I've only heard that describe running backs and only by college announcers actually.

This. It's one of those tacky/cheesy sports slang. 

17 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I think Tywin is saying your crush on Rockroi is making you an actual, rather than pretend, Patriots fan who wants to make the NFL great again. Pretty sure anyway.

Hahaha. 

I want more left representation than the Democrats typically offer, but Stein is a know-nothing. Her plans are the stuff of fantasy and she has no policy prescriptions to accomplish them. She's a lightweight, politically and policy-wise.

1 hour ago, DunderMifflin said:

To me that's like debating levels of a rapist. Like "that guy over there he's only kind of sort of a rapist, he's fantastic! But this guy though, he's terrible he's like way more of a rapist"

Hey, watch it, Bill's not running. ;-)

Melania Trump contends that Donald was 'egged on' by Billy Bush and that's why he said what he did.

In another interview airing Monday night, with CNN’s Anderson Cooper, Melania Trump said her husband was “egged on” by “Access Hollywood” host Billy Bush in the 2005 tape.

“As you can see from the tape, the cameras were not on -- it was only a mic. And I wonder if they even knew that the mic was on,” she said, calling it “boy talk.” “And he was led on -- like, egged on -- from the host to say dirty and bad stuff.”

But yes, let's elect a president who can be provoked into doing something incredibly stupid by the host of Access Hollywood. That sounds really good.

Remember when the Republicans claimed they couldn't confirm Obama's SCOTUS nominee because it was his last term? Remember how anyone who wasn't a fucking idiot knew it was bullshit? Well, here's some more proof:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58050653e4b0162c043d4c9a

And lest we forget, all you morons who buy his bullshit where he briefly pretends to be a decent person, that's John McCain explaining how the Republicans will, having never heard then named, refuse to confirm any hypothetical Clinton nominees. Mavericky!

16 minutes ago, Inigima said:

Remember when the Republicans claimed they couldn't confirm Obama's SCOTUS nominee because it was his last term? Remember how anyone who wasn't a fucking idiot knew it was bullshit? Well, here's some more proof:

And lest we forget, all you morons who buy his bullshit where he briefly pretends to be a decent person, that's John McCain explaining how the Republicans will, having never heard then named, refuse to confirm any hypothetical Clinton nominees. Mavericky!

Yup. Translation: Trump's goose is cooked but you still need us! Please? Please?

7 minutes ago, Inigima said:

From what I know, Merrick Garland was a rather centrist judge. He was about as good as the Republicans could hope for.

They took gamble. They gambled that a Republican would win the White House, cause ya know conservative policies are so awesome!

They lost that gamble. I hope Hillary makes them pay.

The biggest problem with 3rd Parties are that they only get discussed during the Presidential election years and nearly nothing for the other three years in terms of organizing or anything.  I never quite get how people think that some simple enthusiasm or wanting to just make a pick you agree with will be enough and no need for a organized campaign .  It will always appear for me that sentiments are nice but those involved are not really serious for it may start to puncture their perfect idealism. 

10 minutes ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

The biggest problem with 3rd Parties are that they only get discussed during the Presidential election years and nearly nothing for the other three years in terms of organizing or anything.  I never quite get how people think that some simple enthusiasm or wanting to just make a pick you agree with will be enough and no need for a organized campaign .  It will always appear for me that sentiments are nice but those involved are not really serious for it may start to puncture their perfect idealism. 

Hey, Joe Exotic is serious. He's just broke as shit.

I remembered this video and went to look it up. Here's an article if you don't want to deal with videos or TYT.

Long story short, Trump's behavior was the same when he wasn't the one running, so good luck getting anything gracious out of him when he's the one being exposed.  

Trump is the best argument for outsider candidates of his sort staying the fuck on Twitter.

4 hours ago, Maester Drew said:

Trump's brand is sinking along with his polls.

I wonder if all the Trump Towers out there will be renamed.

A buddy of mine was in NYC a couple of weekends back and was commenting that all but a few floors of Trump Tower were dark and that his hotel in the same area seemed really barren.  

Archived