U.S. Elections: Orange is the New Wack

Manhole Eunuchsbane

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

What makes it different? Just curious.

It's 100% mail-in ballots. There are polling stations if you need to go but they aren't particularly used. You can pay for the stamp or drop off the ballots all over the place. Voting tends to be pretty fast and a lot of it is early voting too. No real fraud issues to speak of. 

People Magazine just posted an article with 5 people who have come forward to corroborate Natasha's Stoynoff's story. 

Five other witnesses also back up Stoynoff’s account of her encounter with Trump:

Marina Grasic, who has known Stoynoff for more than 25 years, says she got a call from her friend the day after the attack. Stoynoff detailed everything about the attack, from Trump pushing her against a wall to the business mogul showing up at her massage appointment the following day, she says.

Stoynoff’s former journalism professor, Paul McLaughlin, says that the writer called him in tears looking for advice the very night of the harrowing encounter. However, he cautioned her to remain quiet in fear of how Trump may retaliate.

“She wasn’t sure what she should do,” McLaughlin recalls. “I advised her not to say anything, because I believed Trump would deny it and try to destroy her.”

“It was tough decision but in a he said/she said we believed she would lose,” the professor said in a tweet regarding the incident. “He seemed rather nasty at the time.”

17 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Washington State's system of voting should be required everywhere. It's so absurdly easy, it's well-done and ends up causing a massive amount of actual people voting not just in presidential elections but in off-year elections. 

Just plus +1-ing this. It's amazing. Also, local papers like The Stranger do a pretty good job breaking down voting issues and candidate positions during each election. 

(now, if only we could get rid of the garbage caucuses...)

3 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I love the idea of caucuses - especially for local politics - but for the Presidency they suck. I think they really need to be split at the very least.

I like how they work in theory. And in some ways, they're ideal for local politics.

But I was really put off by some Sanders' supporters behavior at my caucus. (and also, the idea of having to spend 2+ hours there...)  

If their primary purpose is to inform voters, then I think the internet has made them obsolete to some degree. 

6 minutes ago, alguien said:

I like how they work in theory. And in some ways, they're ideal for local politics.

But I was really put off by some Sanders' supporters behavior at my caucus. (and also, the idea of having to spend 2+ hours there...)  

If their primary purpose is to inform voters, then I think the internet has made them obsolete to some degree. 

I don't think that they're good at informing voters. I do think that they're good at introducing people to having actual effects in politics - or they could be. Bringing more people together physically more often to discuss politics is, IMO, a good thing. But the actual making hard decisions? That's not good at all, and as Sanders (and Cruz) showed, largely tilts the election in favor of the person that has the most vocal support, but not the most general support. 

33 minutes ago, DunderMifflin said:

I'm assuming there will be at least an incident of it since obama supporters did it in '08.

I'm assuming you're referring to the SEIU goons that were intimidating folks at some of the Town Halls and such during the election run-up? I don't remember anything involving that sort of behavior at polling stations during the actual vote.

9 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Has anyone posted this yet?:

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/10/17/donald-trump-paul-ryan-sucks-chant-green-bay-rally-von.cnn

It's hard to imagine how this coalition can last past this election.

No kidding!!!

My wife and I were just chatting about how there really isn't a great Christian option for President this year.  Trump is a poor godless lost soul whom we pray for every night.  I'm convinced Hillary's an atheist in Christian garb. 

And Stenson and Jackson are a couple of faith-dissing jokers.  Typical third party clowns.  

I'd love a Ryan candidacy. He's like the DC version of Kirk Cameron meets a young Roy Cohn.  Seven hecks, we've already made out a check for his 2020 run!!!

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I'm assuming you're referring to the SEIU goons that were intimidating folks at some of the Town Halls and such during the election run-up? I don't remember anything involving that sort of behavior at polling stations during the actual vote.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Black_Panther_Party_voter_intimidation_case

A total of 2 people here. So I'm not trying to claim it was some rampant problem that influenced anything.

I'm expecting at least an incident or two from Trump supporters similar to what happened here.

I don't think I'm showing any bias towards anyone by saying that.

It's like some ppl have some sort of microchip in their head that forces them to start attacking and insulting when they don't see the exact responses they want to news stories.

4 minutes ago, sologdin said:

ZOMG she's a fundamentalist.  seriously.

Well I'll be darned.  I never thought I'd say this but I sympathize with her being prosecuted for her faith.  

I'm having the wife do some more internet research though to suss this out.  Lot of panderers this election chapter looking for redemption AND reelection in all the wrong places.

7 minutes ago, TheMightyKC said:

Well I'll be darned.  I never thought I'd say this but I sympathize with her being prosecuted for her faith.  

I'm having the wife do some more internet research though to suss this out.  Lot of panderers this election chapter looking for redemption AND reelection in all the wrong places.

'Do not practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them, for you shall have no reward in heaven.' Nay?

Or something like that.

25 minutes ago, TheMightyKC said:

Are either of them tatted, anyone know? Because from what I remember, God via Leviticus is very uh-uh ink. I could see Trumo having his own image a la Davide's Napoleon crossing the alps on him somewhere. If Manhole were still alive, I bet he could get that image up in a jiffy.

2 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Are either of them tatted, anyone know? Because from what I remember, God via Leviticus is very uh-uh ink. I could see Trumo having his own image a la Davide's Napoleon crossing the alps on him somewhere. If Manhole were still alive, I bet he could get that image up in a jiffy.

Yeah, I could see Trump being a tattler, and Hillary too.  They both have that Hall Monitor meets angry Choir Boy straitedge punk ethos.

Archived