U.S. Elections: Orange is the New Wack

Manhole Eunuchsbane

16 minutes ago, Shryke said:

Anyway, this expose on Trump's business history was pretty funny:

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/10/28/donald-trump-business-busts-victims-511034.html

Here's the real kicker though. It's been said before, but it always bears repeating.

Basically, everything Trump has ever done with his life has made the world a worse place.

If I recall correctly, there's a part in GoT in which Tyrion is attempting to manipulate Mord and Tyrion reflects that most illiterates seem to have a certain reverence for the written word.

I see something similar with Trump supporters when I try to explain that he inherited his wealth and pissed it all away on failed businesses only to have them yell 'he's had 50 businesses! 50! The man knows how to run a business and he declares bankruptcy to save his workers!' 

The kind of people who support Trump may not all be racists or deplorables, but I haven't met one who isn't attracted to the shiny allure of a strong man who makes things great. I think a lot of them project themselves onto him. Facts to the contrary be damned.

9 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

The kind of people who support Trump may not all be racists or deplorables, but I haven't met one who isn't attracted to the shiny allure of a strong man who makes things great. I think a lot of them project themselves onto him. Facts to the contrary be damned.

Yeah, one "fact" that always seems to get brought up by Trump reporters that I've run into is "he's a great businessman".   

7 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, one "fact" that always seems to get brought up by Trump reporters that I've run into is "he's a great businessman".   

The idea that any politician with a business background will somehow translate to an improved economy (because: underpants gnomes) is one of those widely accepted notions that seems impossible to kill with fact. Not just about Trump...this is a common belief. I truthfully don't think attacking him on this will bleed much unless the worm's already turned. 

7 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

The idea that any politician with a business background will somehow translate to an improved economy (because: underpants gnomes) is one of those widely accepted notions that seems impossible to kill with fact. Not just about Trump...this is a common belief. I truthfully don't think attacking him on this will bleed much unless the worm's already turned. 

And not just that, but I'd argue that outside of Real Estate Development, he's been a pretty horrible businessman. Just a string of failed business ventures left in this guys wake. 

6 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

And not just that, but I'd argue that outside of Real Estate Development, he's been a pretty horrible businessman. Just a string of failed business ventures left in this guys wake. 

Yeah, but what I mean is that's inconsequential. Dubya was a repeatedly failed businessman who rode inherited wealth too, but people still thought that somehow meant he'd be a boon. 

2 minutes ago, DraculaAD1972 said:

Any opinions on Hillary's alleged use of the n word? Of course with Hillary it isn't racism, she was probably just tired and irritable and needed a nap. 

Literally haven't heard about this at all, got a link? To somewhere outside the Drudge-o-sphere?

1 hour ago, Shryke said:

Caucuses are shit because they mostly serve to disenfranchise specific types of people. Namely, anyone who can't spare a bunch of hours one specific day to stand around in a room yelling at and being yelled at by a bunch of other people.

I tend to agree - but they have value in a way that other things don't. And for local/state elections they can be really cool. 

7 minutes ago, DraculaAD1972 said:

Any opinions on Hillary's alleged use of the n word? Of course with Hillary it isn't racism, she was probably just tired and irritable and needed a nap. 

It comes from Alex Jones, for starters. Per the article it's mentioned that both Clintons use it all the time. That itself is very, very unlikely given how much scrutiny both have been under for the last 30 years.

The interviewee also claimed that as soon as he gave the interview his house was broken into and his phone hacked. So...I'm going to say that it's not particularly credible. But keep going with that Alex Jones stuff! Do you also believe that Clinton is literally possessed by a demon?

10 minutes ago, DraculaAD1972 said:

So when you say 'alleged' you don't really mean 'alleged', right?

1 minute ago, Kalbear said:

The interviewee also claimed that as soon as he gave the interview his house was broken into and his phone hacked. So...I'm going to say that it's not particularly credible. But keep going with that Alex Jones stuff! Do you also believe that Clinton is literally possessed by a demon?

Hey, show some respect! DraculaAD1972 doesn't like corporations putting chemicals in the water that turn frogs homosexual.

Sorry folks but I couldn't resist. This story will be ignored by the mainstream media, so it's left to mavericks like Alex Jones to expose Hillary's real nature. This has more of a ring of truth to it compared to all these phoney accusations against Trump. I can totally see Hillary speaking like this.

2 minutes ago, DraculaAD1972 said:

Sorry folks but I couldn't resist. This story will be ignored by the mainstream media, so it's left to mavericks like Alex Jones to expose Hillary's real nature. This has more of a ring of truth to it compared to all these phoney accusations against Trump. I can totally see Hillary speaking like this.

She's a smelly demon.  What else should we expect from someone who stinks of sulfur amirite?

Archived