Snippets from season 7

Arataniello

22 hours ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

I wouldn't be surprised if HBO people themselves are behind these "leaks" to the public. It creates buzz for the show during off-season, plus also if legit leaks come by, it becomes harder to believe or take seriously, because these rubbish "leaks" are being kind of "confirmed" in the minds of the fans because of the photos coming out. Pretty clever if it so, I'd say. 

That way, they don't have to be secretive about filming, because whatever is really happening in the scene, a few photos of so-and-so characters together at these sets would be enough to convince people - or atleast plant doubt - that the leaks are true.

I've thought about that, too. My last hope.

1 hour ago, Evarei said:
Spoiler

So the leaker was right, even in this case. But still it's all about filming (in Spain).

2 hours ago, Evarei said:

Rightful Lord. Right, Lord of Winterfell. But he's not the rightful KITN.

I agree.

2 hours ago, Evarei said:

Jon knows Theon didn't kill Bran and that Bran went beyond The Wall. There's no need to bring up Bran specifically. 

Rightful Lord. Right, Lord of Winterfell. But he's not the rightful KITN. But he can take it if he's bored with being 3ER.

Jon's the rightful King of the Iron Throne anyway if we go by the leak.

Theyre the same thing with an independent north its just asspulling fanservice for jon which again ignores Bran

16 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

Theyre the same thing with an independent north its just asspulling fanservice for jon which again ignores Bran

I agree. Seems people are ok with it because it's Jon, but if it had been, say, Sansa becoming Queen in the North while "allowing" Bran to be the Lord of Winterfell, the audience wouldn't be quite as forgiving. Maybe this wouldn't bother me as much if Bran and his abilities hadn't been reduced to exposition for R+L=J and he'd actually had a storyline of his own after sitting out season five,

Spoiler

but going by the spoilers, should they be true, his storyline next season will be about confirming R and L's marriage.

God forbid not everything revolve around Jon and Dany. 

56 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Was anything in the supposed leaks about Jorah the Explorer... either version?:

Spoiler

He'll be cured of greyscale in Oldtown and join up with Dany again. Seems her plot bending privilige extends to her loved ones. 

Except Barristan, that poor bastard.

What I like about what seems to be coming is the decontruction of the 3-Headed Dragon theories. Most people assume it means 3 characters riding dragons into battle with the Big Bad. That's just way too cheesy, RPG. It's enough to have one character appear like she's in How to Train Your Dragon, but to suddenly have 3? And the most popular ones at that? Sing me off on that.

Jon switching to a dragon to fight the monsters from the safety of distance would be anticlimatic, I understand Daenerys because she's not a warrior but not him.

3-Headed Dragon doesn't have to mean 3 dragonriders. It could mean 3 people who contribute the most to the efforts in the War for Dawn, not necessarily on dragon back. Or not even 3 people.

I may be salty because of the treatment of direwolves (though it's understandable due to cost, time and practicality) but I do want to see the dragons start being targeted. I expect all three of them to be dead by the end.

I like the twist on the Ice Dragon by introducing a wight icy dragon if it's true. Although I hope it won't lead to some 'epic' air battle between Dany/Drogon and uViserion/NK.

NK destroying part of The Wall (not entire Wall crumbles) through Viserion sounds way better than alternatives, ie a mark nulifying COTF's magic or some magical prop like a horn.

1 hour ago, Boudica said:

No one knows where Bran is, he might have survived Theon's attack but he could be dead beyond the Wall right now. The North cant sit around and wait until he shows up one day, life goes on.

When Bran shows up at Winterfell then it might become a subject of discussion, but even then the Northerns also follow strength to a certain degree.  Bran is a crippled teenager, they might just decide to stick with Jon. Although Bran actually does have some experience in ruling at Winterfell, so it will be interesting to see what happens when he arrives. 

The point which @Meera of Tarth was trying to make was - if Theon confesses that he hasn't killed Bran, essentially that means Jon cannot be KitN anymore because the rightful lord is still alive. But it doesn't matter because the show does not care about such things anyway.

The North has essentially become like the Iron Islands - rightful heirs and trueborn children of Ned Stark (Sansa, Arya, Bran) be damned, we're gonna crown the guy who can swing the sword and FIGHT, ya'all. 

1 hour ago, Cridefea said:

I've thought about that, too. My last hope.

I'm starting to believe that more and more. There's just too many leaks coming out, it's unusual even for GOT.

Last year they managed to keep the whole Jon alive thing quite well under wraps - we only had a few blurry pictures of a guy with a man bun :P Just compare that to this year -  FFS, we have HQ pictures of the leaks. I can't believe that HBO is cool with this unless they're involved.

Again, Jon already knows Theon didn't kill Bran. Not only because he saw Rickon alive for a short moment (word was that Theon killed and burned both) and Sansa likely confirmed it by telling him what Theon told her but also because Sam literally told him he met Bran when the latter was on his way beyond The Wall. There's no need to address it.

But that encounter happened over a year ago and since then no word from or about Bran. He's not back yet and Jon knows the many dangers lurking on the other side. Not knowing what we know, the reasonable assumption is that he got killed or starved or froze to death.

Well, last year some guy filmed the fight at the Tower of Joy, and an extra guy spoiled most of the Battle of the Bastards.

Given they are now filming at a very busy and easily accesible place, and fans are getting crazier and crazier and more desperate and curious with the nearing climax, I don't find all these spoiler shots and videos surprising, like at all.

They're not surprising yes. Many set photos from Spain have come out every year, because of the location of sets (cities and open spaces) and Spanish folk being more passionate about these things (gossip, movie sets, actors) than those in NI. This year is even bigger than any other before because of the characters involved and GOT reaching new heights of popularity. They've been filming in a very open space (an island). I'm sure they made efforts to keep the set as secured as possible but they can't fight that open space and high end technology. The photos and videos we're getting are taken from miles away.

1 hour ago, Ruhail said:

I admit the set up for KitN Jon on the show is pretty poor. 

However, it is likely that he will become KitN in the books, through Robb's Will coming into fruition. I don't doubt that either Bran or Sansa (I lean towards Bran) will be the endgame ruler of the North, but if Jon leaves the Night's Watch in the books, then I don't think he will be taking a backseat to Bran or Sansa being the leader (especially, when the Long Night hits). It is Jon, like Dany who GRRM has put on a leadership arc, gaining experience in governing. He will probably be KitN for a time, I imagine. 

Bran is endgame KitN material, but within the series, I think his arc is about being the three eyed raven. 

Although, I'm sure the books will set it up better, with Bran and Rickon supposedly being dead and no one (including Jon) knowing. But I would put money on Jon becoming KitN/LoW in the books. 

5 minutes ago, Leticia Stark said:

I want some spoilers from Winterfell, I love Jon but I feel like I've seen everything about his arc for next season lol

I want to know about the other Starks too.

Winterfell spoilers are a bit more problematic since unless they are filming an outside battle, everything takes place on a set, thus closed to easy leaks.

4 minutes ago, Masha said:

Winterfell spoilers are a bit more problematic since unless they are filming an outside battle, everything takes place on a set, thus closed to easy leaks.

Yeah, it's sad because I really wanted to know for sure if Arya is going back to Winterfell.

Spoiler

All we know is that Bran will be there. 

I wonder if Jon will spend most of the season in Dragonstone with Dany... 

1 hour ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

The point which @Meera of Tarth was trying to make was - if Theon confesses that he hasn't killed Bran, essentially that means Jon cannot be KitN anymore because the rightful lord is still alive. But it doesn't matter because the show does not care about such things anyway.

The North has essentially become like the Iron Islands - rightful heirs and trueborn children of Ned Stark (Sansa, Arya, Bran) be damned, we're gonna crown the guy who can swing the sword and FIGHT, ya'all. 

thanks for the calling @Little Scribe of Naath!

Actually, Jon already knows about that because in S4 Sam told him Bran was alive. LAst season Sansa already talked him about that too (we know she said for Arya, and for Bran, probably she told Jon again that Theon had said he was alive).

But by meeting Theon, a person that he has not seen since Season 1 and that was responsible of the destruction of Winterfell and not talking about that is illogical. Theon made this confession to Sansa, so if he sees Jon, the most natural thing would be to tell him why is he KiTN, if he knows Bran is alive. I think this could be a good occasion to handle this issue (what will I (Jon) do if Bran returns?).

If they forget about Bran and, more importantly, if they forget about talking about Bran if Theon even asks him to pardon him for his past errors (when Bran was Lord substitute!), would be really bad writing / or the continuity of that bad writing in terms of Winterfell heritage.

Maybe they will ommit talking about Theon taking WF, However, Ramsay and Sansa are present in Theon's life and Jon knows about that (last season). Jon very likely knows that Theon changed (became a good person, and consequently, now  can be his ally) when he confessed Sansa he didn't kill Bran and Rickon and then it all ended up saving Sansa.

If Theon admitted that to Sansa in S5 and now they talk about everything to Jon except what he did to WF or that he knows that Bran was alive will mean they are avoiding to talk about the heritage thing and it doesn't make sense.  

Actually, what can they talk about: Danny's alliance/Euron being King, Theon saving Sansa, Theon admitting he didn't kill Bran, why is Jon King/do you know about Bran, did he die and because of that you are King?/ apologising for what he did to WF...

I personally think they should talk about the status quo (Dany) and the past (Winterfell) and the name of Bran appears in this past. He even appears if he wants to apologise or ask about the North. It also appears if Jon wants him as an ally: Jon knows he became evil for some time (but changed!, again Bran) and I think that if they have not met in 6 seasons the normal thing is to talk about something more than just Dany and the allies.

18 minutes ago, Leticia Stark said:

Yeah, it's sad because I really wanted to know for sure if Arya is going back to Winterfell.

Reveal hidden contents

Clever idea how to get auntie and nephew closer together and than revelation from Bran. In any case, Jon is purposefully missing from Winterfell in the most convinient time.

13 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Clever idea how to get auntie and nephew closer together and than revelation from Bran. In any case, Jon is purposefully missing from Winterfell in the most convinient time.

ikr? all about the shock value.
I'll be too naive if I believe that they will only be allies and nothing else? 

1 minute ago, Leticia Stark said:

ikr? all about the shock value.
I'll be too naive if I believe that they will only be allies and nothing else? 

Remember this is D&D story and not George's...they'll do what they need to and ending is supposed to be same. Jon with Dany seems as doomed romance

59 minutes ago, Leticia Stark said:

Reveal hidden contents

Actually it's the other way around  - we aren't sure if Bran is coming back to Winterfell and exactly when. Around Sept 20 (I think?) there were various photos of actors taken around the Winterfell set, and Maisie was among them, dressed in Northern attire. So very likely that she was back home and filming with Jon, Davos, Lyanna Mormont, et al. However Isaac was also spotted that day but he was filming a scene with Dolorous Edd in Castle Black (on the same set/studio), and was actually leaving the set when Maisie was going to film.

We have another photo of Ellie Kendrick (Meera Reed) around the same area, but that was just last week, when Maisie was definitely back home/not filming, and Kit had left for Bilbao I think. Sophie's whereabout are unknown, but it's very likely that Bran was filming another Castle Black scene or something in the same studio rather than a reunion.

Archived