Snippets from season 7

Arataniello

10 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Don't know what to make of this shitty garbage. But it sounds awfully lot like D&D writing and crap they served as last season.

In my opinion that person got 20% right rest made up. Missing context, logic and some sort of order.

I think it's even worse than normally.

I also think some or lots of things must be invented.

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I think it's even worse than normally.

I also think some or lots of things must be invented.

Did they ever confirm that the scripts that were leaked were actually from the show. I have just been trying to avoid all that to be surprised. Well now that i think about i guess by posting on this forum i am still reading about the information but whatever. Hopefully whats leaked wast real.

7 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Don't know what to make of this shitty garbage. But it sounds awfully lot like D&D writing and crap they served as last season.

In my opinion that person got 20% right rest made up. Missing context, logic and some sort of order.

For the most part I ve always been a defender of the show, I can understand their logic and reasons for doing and changing certain things. But I agree there was a few elements in season 6 that I really didn't like, or couldn't explain logically. It does make you a bit nervous for the new season. 

Some of the elements of this leak also doesn't sound very logical. But as I ve pointed out, and you have also pointed out we are really missing the context here.

We do not know how much of these leaks did the person actually know, and how much might be secondhand information or filling in of the gaps. 

17 minutes ago, Wrl6199 said:

Did they ever confirm that the scripts that were leaked were actually from the show. I have just been trying to avoid all that to be surprised. Well now that i think about i guess by posting on this forum i am still reading about the information but whatever. Hopefully whats leaked wast real.

I have not read all of then but the majority (i also like surprises but I also have curiosity so) and everything I read was like it can not be true. I was pretty disappointed.

personal y if they are not real, the better. And in fact the leaker admitted faking things so it could very well be true they are false.

part of them can be true but thereare other ways to discover information than having access to the Whole.scripts at this Point. I think he could have access to production info from the crew. That would explain some lines that have become true but that also lack of details that now we already now (Gendry's hammer for instance but there are many more).

also cersei's pregnancy and LF's vs Arya moment doesn't make.sense the way they are told. Etc

14 minutes ago, Boudica said:

For the most part I ve always been a defender of the show, I can understand their logic and reasons for doing and changing certain things. But I agree there was a few elements in season 6 that I really didn't like, or couldn't explain logically. It does make you a bit nervous for the new season. 

Some of the elements of this leak also doesn't sound very logical. But as I ve pointed out, and you have also pointed out we are really missing the context here.

We do not know how much of these leaks did the person actually know, and how much might be secondhand information or filling in of the gaps. 

Just don't understand why is Dany left behind and then all of sudden helps them. How the hell are they gonna board freaking dragons? One dragon can only take few passengers. It sounds weird. How Dany can find way to the North and where they are.

29 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Just don't understand why is Dany left behind and then all of sudden helps them. How the hell are they gonna board freaking dragons? One dragon can only take few passengers. It sounds weird. How Dany can find way to the North and where they are.

Probably because they were written by fans who dint think to far into it. But yeah dint they say that like only Valyrians were the only ones who could even tame dragons anyways. Plus yeah I read some of it and that did sound really weird. Yeah i hope that it wast really a leaked story line. Still though i am excited for season 7. To see what the writers are gonna come up with will be interesting but hopefully its not to similar to that. 

43 minutes ago, Boudica said:

Yes, I am not referring to physical strength. It is simply that Jon is older and an actual adult. He can negotiate with others and make alliances with others, he has experience of ruling he can fight from the front lines. He received his education from the same source as Bran. Basically he is a good choice as a leader, his only disqualification is his birth, he was born from the wrong mother.

Doran has Oberyn who does a lot of the heavy lifting for him. And even so, it isn't like Dorne is stuck in the middle of terrible winter conditions, with an army of the dead approaching them head on. This is also about being practical in the current climate.

Again this also counts for the books as well, in books it is actually even obvious since Bran is only something like 10 years old. I am pretty sure in both mediums Jon would be the first choice. The whole idea of the war and all of these terrible conditions within Westeros is a way of breaking down the old laws and norms. People are becoming more willing to look beyond simple rules of succession.   

I am sure if Bran wanted to be the King in the North, Jon would step down and act as his right hand man, but it is simply easier for the Lords in the North to make Jon the King, especially when it comes to making future alliances. I am not sure if Bran even wants to be the King in the North, he already has the responsibility for being the 3 eyed Raven. 

And according to these spoilers Bran actually does help Sansa to get rid of Littlefinger. So Bran can be very important for the Starks if he takes a simular role to Bloodraven, when he acted as the hand of the King. 

I simply dont see how this is going to be something that will be dramatically different from the books. 

Power resides where people believe it resides. The laws of succession isn't always as straightforward as people would like to present them. 

Yes, Catelyn was afraid of legitimising Jon, because he always looked and acted so much like a Stark and a true Northerner. She was already fearful that the Northern Lords would rather choose him over her trueborn children.

Perhaps they did actually choose Aemon, "Aemon" and "Aegon" is not that different from each other when you hear it. This leaker give out a lot of details, if he/ she is only a causal show watcher then it might be difficult to remember everything correctly. 

Naming Jon "Aegon", would not be a good choice. Many people will not like it. But they have actually never mentioned Rhaegar's children's names within the show. They have spoken about his children and their death, but they have not been named. Still Aegon would be a terrible choice. So I guess we will have to see. 

The thing around the annulment of Rhaegar's marriage to Elia Martell is also not the best. I am pretty sure this would never happen in the books. But I do think Rhaegar and Lyanna was married. It would simply just be very difficult to explain or convey the idea of Targaryens with two wifes with only a few episodes left, so I can understand why they would go for something simpler like an official annulment document. 

This is the big problem with these leaks, most of the finer details and intricacies are missing. We dont know how well this person who leaked these spoilers actually understands the world of ASOIAF.  He/ she might not really understand the customs and laws within the story that well.

The leaker for example didn't think much of Jon's actual name being "Aegon", until it was pointed out to him. The person also said that Jon would be a glorified hostage of Dany's on Dragonstone because his weapons was taken away upon arrival, but it is customary for a visiting Lord to give up his weapons. We have clearly seen from the videos and pictures this week within Spain that Jon is not a hostage. 

So even if this leaker is able to provide bullet points about the certain key events of season 7, I am not confident that he knows how to interpret these events to coincide with the rules and law of Westeros. 

The prince Aegon if it was named in the show by Sandor Thoros of Myr:

2 hours ago, Boudica said:

And according to these spoilers Bran actually does help Sansa to get rid of Littlefinger. So Bran can be very important for the Starks if he takes a simular role to Bloodraven, when he acted as the hand of the King. 

I simply dont see how this is going to be something that will be dramatically different from the books. 

Really? So the point of all of Bran's magical training and Sansa's growth in cleverness will be ---> she is too dumb to figure out LF is playing her, so Bran has to tell her?

The show is it's own beast, but I'm glad atleast GRRM isn't writing a sexist, ableist piece of literature where Sansa, Arya and Bran have virtually zero to no role in the story ----> 90% Sansa is going to figure out LF's betrayal by herself and bring him down, Arya is most probably going to let go of her revenge tactics and take on a bigger leadership role while Bran is going to be instrumental in saving the world. In the show there is barely any point of the Stark kids besides Robb existing at all.

About Jon's leadership role in the books ---> It's going to be way more of a sensible and organic path which leads him to becoming leader of the North, (I think he'll become regent to Rickon, and plus we have Robb's will). Thankfully we won't have to read a story where "poor emo bastard becomes KitN because he's the only person "fit for the job", because you know, Sansa, Arya and Bran asked for their fates which rendered them unfit for it. :rolleyes:

Let's not sugarcoat this -  in the show, the only way a character is considered worthy is when he's "badass", which is why Sansa, Arya and Bran are sidelined (Arya is revengeful badass but not heroic badass) like Jon and Dany. The only thing they want is action and spectacle, which Kit Harington with his sword and battle prowess provides and Dany's storyline with her dragons provides, which grabs eyeballs. 

The idea that Sansa, Arya, Bran (or any of the other characters except Jon and Dany for that matter) exist only for stupid plots like taking down LF, revealing The Special Snowflake's parentage, killing Frey, jumping in the water (Theon) or becoming a Mary Sue (Tyrion) is ridiculous.

ETA: And yeah, please do not compare the nonsense situation in the show to the books. In the books the Northeners are so loyal to the Starks and the memory of Robb and Ned, that they are fighting for fArya, they have Robb's will with them, and Manderly has sent Davos to retrieve his 'liege lord Rickon'. The South may have thrown succession rules to the wind, but the North still follows them, very much. 

10 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

Really? So the point of all of Bran's magical training and Sansa's growth in cleverness will be ---> she is too dumb to figure out LF is playing her, so Bran has to tell her?

The show is it's own beast, but I'm glad atleast GRRM isn't writing a sexist, ableist piece of literature where Sansa, Arya and Bran have virtually zero to no role in the story ----> 90% Sansa is going to figure out LF's betrayal by herself and bring him down, Arya is most probably going to let go of her revenge tactics and take on a bigger leadership role while Bran is going to be instrumental in saving the world. In the show there is barely any point of the Stark kids besides Robb existing at all.

About Jon's leadership role in the books ---> It's going to be way more of a sensible and organic path which leads him to becoming leader of the North, (I think he'll become regent to Rickon, and plus we have Robb's will). Thankfully we won't have to read a story where "poor emo bastard becomes KitN because he's the only person "fit for the job", because you know, Sansa, Arya and Bran asked for their fates which rendered them unfit for it. :rolleyes:

Let's not sugarcoat this -  in the show, the only way a character is considered worthy is when he's "badass", which is why Sansa, Arya and Bran are sidelined (Arya is revengeful badass but not heroic badass) like Jon and Dany. The only thing they want is action and spectacle, which Kit Harington with his sword and battle prowess provides and Dany's storyline with her dragons provides, which grabs eyeballs. 

The idea that Sansa, Arya, Bran (or any of the other characters except Jon and Dany for that matter) exist only for stupid plots like taking down LF, revealing The Special Snowflake's parentage, killing Frey, jumping in the water (Theon) or becoming a Mary Sue (Tyrion) is ridiculous.

ETA: And yeah, please do not compare the nonsense situation in the show to the books. In the books the Northeners are so loyal to the Starks and the memory of Robb and Ned, that they are fighting for fArya, they have Robb's will with them, and Manderly has sent Davos to retrieve his 'liege lord Rickon'. The South may have thrown succession rules to the wind, but the North still follows them, very much. 

[claps into standing ovation]. You said it, a lot of us have said, way to go!

This is also where it gets confusing to me: D&D have mentioned they will end the show where the books will end but how can this be? The show is so different to the books and not mention TWoW isn't out yet, which I think will be vastly different to what the show has put out. So part of me thinks D&D are writing their own fanfic and not listening to George's plans anymore. But at the same time they have given us 4 wonderful seasons with only a few good episodes in the last 2 and part of me still has faith.

I just hope that Arya gets more screen time again and Sansa takes a step back. I also really want Bran to become more of a central character as well. This has me curious on another thing... how will the scenes be divided up? Half focused on Jon/Dany and the other half on all the other storylines? I really hope it's somewhat equal, like in the first season. Anyways...

28 minutes ago, WolfQueenArya said:

[claps into standing ovation]. You said it, a lot of us have said, way to go!

This is also where it gets confusing to me: D&D have mentioned they will end the show where the books will end but how can this be? The show is so different to the books and not mention TWoW isn't out yet, which I think will be vastly different to what the show has put out. So part of me thinks D&D are writing their own fanfic and not listening to George's plans anymore. But at the same time they have given us 4 wonderful seasons with only a few good episodes in the last 2 and part of me still has faith.

I just hope that Arya gets more screen time again and Sansa takes a step back. I also really want Bran to become more of a central character as well. This has me curious on another thing... how will the scenes be divided up? Half focused on Jon/Dany and the other half on all the other storylines? I really hope it's somewhat equal, like in the first season. Anyways...

Thank you :) 

I have lately started having the suspicion more and more that the show and the book endings may not really be the same. D&D know what the ending is, but nowhere have they said they are bound to follow it to the letter - they will do what is profitable for the show, and if that means keeping Jon/Dany/Tyrion alive even if one of them dies in the books, they may very well do it. Or if they think it's going to get higher ratings by killing a few extra characters who don't die in the books, they may very well do it too. The show also loves the Lannisters, and especially Cersei, which is why we might get the super-illogical plotline where Dany and Jon team up with her instead of straight out feeding her to a dragon. When they can make such deviations so late in the proceedings (S7), we shouldn't be certain they'll give us the exact book ending. S5 and S6 were basically a lot of crap with nuggets of truth mixed in, so it's quite possible S7 and S8 are also the same way.

As my favs, I hope Arya and Bran get screentime as well, along with some sorely needed character development for people like Davos, Tyrion, Theon, Sansa,Jaime...I highly doubt it though. But as I said in my post above, GRRM has a soft spot for his cripples, bastards and broken things, and I have faith he'll give all of these characters a great story, even if they perish in the end.  I like book Jon well enough, but do I want to read a story where the focus is solely on him (and cliche-fantasy-character #2 Dany)? Certainly not, and GRRM has never given us that impression either.

Lastly, I just want to add -  in the books, Jon has actually earned his leadership credentials, we've read it in ADWD. I have no problem with claiming book Jon is more qualified to lead the North in the time of Winter. He demonstrates in his talks with Stannis that he really knows the North and the Northmen, he tries his best to balance Stannis, wildlings and the northeners, forges an alliance with Alys Karstark and Sigorn, negotiates with the IB....you know the drill.

In the show, it essentially boils down to "he can lead armies and swing a sword", which is inherently extremely sexist and ableist. That's not him earning his role - that's what's called "able-bodied male privilege" in Westeros :D We don't have any evidence of him ever really growing into a leader in the show - all I can see is decent military commander at best.

1 hour ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

Let's not sugarcoat this -  in the show, the only wahy a character is considered worthy is when he's "badass", which is why Sansa, Arya and Bran are sidelined (Arya is revengeful badass but not heroic badass) like Jon and Dany. The only thing they want is action and spectacle, which Kit Harington with his sword and battle prowess provides and Dany's storyline with her dragons provides, which grabs eyeballs. 

Interesting read. I agree with the shows focus on the cult of badass.  but I disagree with Sansa being sidelined. I think that they have sidelined other characters by giving her a bigger role. I hate the Sansa Bolton plot, but it actually gave Sansa a bigger role than she had in the books. In Season 5 the show didn't spend as much time on Theon's redeption arc as ADWD did, because Theon had to compete with Sansa for screentime in the Winterfell storyline. And in Season 6 Jon's ressurection was sidelined for Sansa's revenge plot and Jon was made extremely dumb, so Sansa appeared to be smarter. However, she only became worthy once she became a badass in the show and her character was written all over the place this season.

1 hour ago, WolfQueenArya said:

I think that only a few basic things of the ending will be same as in the books. Those major characters who die in the show might also die in the books and those major characters that live in the show might also live in the show. Whoever will be King or Queen in the Show might also be King or Queen in the books. However, I believe that the way in which these things come to pass will be completely different. I also think that the showrunners might just kill of some less important characters in order to give us the "shocking death of the week". They might just start killing off characters like Meera, Melisandre or Bronn, because they feel that these characters are not important. Furthemore, she show will never tell us about the fates of characters like Arianne Martell, Victarion Greyjoy, Val, etc. and the show will never give us the answer to some mysteries like for example the identity of the hooded man in Winterfell. 

BTW are there any news on the filming in Croatia? I wonder how they want to do a KL storyline with so few character left in KL. We know have Cersei, Jaime, Qyburn and Bronn in KL, possibly also Euron. The show has always put an heavy focus on KL and the showrunners love Cersei, but are they gonna give her some storyline with so few characters left in KL? She has can only interact with three people, since Lena and Jerome Flynn probably wont do any scenes together. 

8 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

Interesting read. I agree with the shows focus on the cult of badass.  but I disagree with Sansa being sidelined. I think that they have sidelined other characters by giving her a bigger role. I hate the Sansa Bolton plot, but it actually gave Sansa a bigger role than she had in the books. In Season 5 the show didn't spend as much time on Theon's redeption arc as ADWD did, because Theon had to compete with Sansa for screentime in the Winterfell storyline. And in Season 6 Jon's ressurection was sidelined for Sansa's revenge plot and Jon was made extremely dumb, so Sansa appeared to be smarter. However, she only became worthy once she became a badass in the show and her character was written all over the place thus season?

I have a feeling they cobbled together that plotline for Sansa in S6 part due to the backlash they received for unnecessarily raping her character in S5. They had to justify it somehow, so they had to contrive a way in which Sansa could get some "Revenge" on her rapist and look glorious while doing it (charging in at the end) so that they wouldn't be criticised heavily.

But yes, my meaning when I said Sansa' character has been sidelined was - her development has been sidelined, it has been made totally illogical and inconsistent. She got more screentime but her character just became more nonsensical (to me atleast). It's very much the same for Jaime too. Theon was saved due to the brilliance of Alfie Allen, nothing more.

I get this feeling Sophie Turner (after X-men Apocalypse) like Lena Headey, Kit, Emila, Peter is a darling of the showrunners, so that may have contributed to the increased screentime as well. She's generally all over the place doing a lot of publicity, photoshoots, and stuff, way more than even Peter Dinklage, Coster Waldau and many others on the show. They were probably cashing in on that popularity when they increased her "badassery" in S6. 

3 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

I have a feeling they cobbled together that plotline for Sansa in S6 part due to the backlash they received for unnecessarily raping her character in S5. They had to justify it somehow, so they had to contrive a way in which Sansa could get some "Revenge" on her rapist and look glorious while doing it (charging in at the end) so that they wouldn't be criticised heavily.

But yes, my meaning when I said Sansa' character has been sidelined was - her development has been sidelined, it has been made totally illogical and inconsistent. She got more screentime but her character just became more nonsensical (to me atleast). It's very much the same for Jaime too. Theon was saved due to the brilliance of Alfie Allen, nothing more.

I get this feeling Sophie Turner (after X-men Apocalypse) like Lena Headey, Kit, Emila, Peter is a darling of the showrunners, so that may have contributed to the increased screentime as well. She's generally all over the place doing a lot of publicity, photoshoots, and stuff, way more than even Peter Dinklage, Coster Waldau and many others on the show. They were probably cashing in on that popularity when they increased her "badassery" in S6. 

Ah ok I agree with that. Apart from the badass thing I believe that the showrunners just want to fast forward towards the end and combine storylines. The Vale storyline is intereting, but it has been isolated from other storylines so far and has not affected the overall story yet, so the showrunners just put Sansa and to some extent LF into a main storyline and excluded all the development of the Vale storyline. They just tried to get Arya away from the FM and back to Westeros (where she can affect the main storyline) and did it poorly. A lot of things she learns in the books like languages have been excluded. Bran didn't really get a learning arc he just downloaded the history of Westeros, and the showrunners did this so they could give us some necessary flashbacks (which should have included in past seasons) and had him leave the cave. To some extent this also affected Jon and Dany who didn't get the leadership arcs they had in the books. Learning to ride a dragon and going back to the Dothraki is probably important for her personal development and might take a few chapters in TWOW, but the show spead these things up, so she could finally go to Westeros and affect other storylines. A proper adaptation of Jon's storyline would have probably taken two seasons, because Jon has 13 chapters in the ADWD, appeared in Melisandres's chapter and he wasn't yet LC in season 4, so two of his ASOS chapters (the one where Stannis offers him Winterfell and the one were he becomes LC) had to be included in Season 5. The show just fast forwarded through these things, in order to get him out of the NW, so that he can have a bigger influence on the main storyline. 

It's all so disappointing.

Always seems to happen with HBO shows too. The final season or 2 is just a mess.

Btw, how do the Lannisters have the power to easily "trash" the Tyrells and Martels?

Also, I don't need another season of Jamie/Cersei trading vague looks. I wanted this to conclude this season. The idea that all these people would be in the same meeting together after killing each others families for the duration of the entire show like they have is ridiculous and I'm sure it's going to make for some bad drama. I'm glad Cersei is evil now but the leak suggests that her evilness is reaching cartoonish heights, just unrealistic. And Jaime, seriously, why would he continue to go along with Cersei to the point of attacking the Tyrells and Martels and then suddenly draw the line at the Others. And even if he does do that, why should the audience feel sorry for Jaime if he finally only abandons Cersei at the most cartoonish, ridiculous plot point and not a moment sooner. The idea that Jaime is going to continue to go along with Cersei for a good portion of the season and help her commit more evil crimes is really disappointing and poorly written I think. Seriously, fuck this character, why do we care about him? He'd just be a huge doochebag if he does anymore of Cersei's bidding.

I'm more convinced than ever that the show is headed for a "Lost" style ending in Season 8. Especially if the Others have the new weapon that the leaks suggest they do. If the entire show ends with that kind of "magic trick" at the end then I'm going to be so disappointed. It's not good writing to build up all this tension and mystery surrounding the story only to have it end with something that is introduced to the audience in the final moments of the show. A time warp or a magic sacrifice. And we know it's going down that path because we have characters at Oldtown "discovering things" "figuring stuff out"....which means...."characters are going to figure out something that makes this otherwise impossible situation that we've written, possible to navigate at the very end." The writers have written a tension filled plot with no logical way to get out of it without resorting to magic. It's going to be like LOTR, Return of the King, but worse. Build up a series of impossible obstacles for your characters and then knock them all down at the end with the improbable and last minute arrival of a ghost army that you write in at the end of your story and no reader could have foreseen because it wasn't there until the end.

If these leaks are true then I'm disappointed that I've watched this long waiting for this crap, and D&D can only justify their anger that this all leaked with the knowledge that Season 7 is disappointing and at moments, ridiculous. They must be scared that fewer people are going to tune into watch this series turn into basically, the final season of the Wire....a bumblefuck mess.

1 hour ago, RedViperHD said:

Also, I don't need another season of Jamie/Cersei trading vague looks. I wanted this to conclude this season. The idea that all these people would be in the same meeting together after killing each others families for the duration of the entire show like they have is ridiculous and I'm sure it's going to make for some bad drama. I'm glad Cersei is evil now but the leak suggests that her evilness is reaching cartoonish heights, just unrealistic. And Jaime, seriously, why would he continue to go along with Cersei to the point of attacking the Tyrells and Martels and then suddenly draw the line at the Others. And even if he does do that, why should the audience feel sorry for Jaime if he finally only abandons Cersei at the most cartoonish, ridiculous plot point and not a moment sooner. The idea that Jaime is going to continue to go along with Cersei for a good portion of the season and help her commit more evil crimes is really disappointing and poorly written I think.

I totally agree. Jaime is one of my favs character, this is unrealistic.

Moreover why are they going to convince Cersei about WW, if they already defeated her army?

I have been a defender of the show but can just say how disappointing this all sounds.  Really?  Wight hunting and allying with the evil queen?  And the Wall falls at the end of the season but part of Season 8 is going to be dedicated to figuring out who actually rules Westros.  Okay then.  

25 minutes ago, Cridefea said:

I totally agree. Jaime is one of my favs character, this is unrealistic.

Moreover why are they going to convince Cersei about WW, if they already defeated her army?

And why dosent Dany at least try to take KL? How can Cersei and Tyrion be at the same place without killing each other? This leaks are so stupid .

Archived