Snippets from season 7

Arataniello

1 hour ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

Very likely, at least for Emila. 

Well it sounded like they got along well in general, but in that context I meant that they are the only two people apart from Brienne and Jaime who are involved in the Dragonpit scene and get along. Like I mentioned in my other comment most people involved in the Dragonpit scene hate each other and some of them even want to kil each other.

Maybe we can add Jon and Brienne to the characters who get along, considering how she helped Sansa. 

Didn't know that it sounded like he was using a moment of her weakness. I have never read the full leaks and only gotten summaries here and there. I've been very critical of the leaks from the very beginning and first dismissed them as completel fan-fiction. I'm still quite critical of them now. Now it sounds to me like the leaker knew a lot about the filming of the Dragonstone arc, but I still wouldn't be surprised if he made a lot of stuff for the other storyarcs up. Jon using Dany's weakness doesn't sound like him at all. I would say that out of all male characters he would be the least likely to do something like that. However, I could still imagine that we get a sex scene between the two of them next season. 

Although, she was sort of naked during her scenes with Daario. I mean it's Kit after all, not exactly ugly guy and thy both have soft spot for each other. Kissing is fine but depends if their scene involves a lot of nudity or how it's shoot by a director.

Tyrion basically is responsible for the death of Davos' son Matthos so interesting if they'll adress this... but it's D&D version.

Jon and Jorah too Dany and Davos. Davos seems to be friendly with most of people get to know.

It said he pledges to her after death of Viserion and then sex. It might be different episoe but it sounds like same episode but might be episode 7. Jon is not kind of guy to sleep around or using emotional state of someone and having sex with that person. Sex scene is possible next season.

7 hours ago, principenoprometido said:

I think if garbage jonerys happens as it seems think the most likely bittersweet end will be that jon dies fighting heroically and Daenerys will die giving birth to a son jon to be the heir to the throne but as it is just a child small iron throne will be occupied momentarily by the hand of queen dwarf Tyrion Lannister, end.

And yet you want Jon and Sansa which is the ultimate fanservice. So basically it's like you hate Jon and Dany because they'll likely fall in love and not with Sansa. These shipping wars, I like certain pairing but to go on to hate the other.

2 hours ago, Evarei said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Theon's moment of victory

https://66.media.tumblr.com/1e10c8bd5ec6ee632a0bacf0b658a712/tumblr_ofy5yypRBy1qk8574o8_540.png

https://66.media.tumblr.com/453d4850ac584b839de32b8385666f35/tumblr_ofy5yypRBy1qk8574o2_540.png

https://67.media.tumblr.com/59fb09012157de336f370087a070d8fe/tumblr_ofy5yypRBy1qk8574o4_540.png

https://67.media.tumblr.com/8c54f7e1c6fe795cffca8f0f239cc47d/tumblr_ofy5yypRBy1qk8574o5_540.png

https://66.media.tumblr.com/f2831974e3d2b27f72f05ce2bf878fa9/tumblr_ofy5yypRBy1qk8574o7_540.png

He fights, he knocks the guy out, he even has to be restrained. Does that even remotely look like Reek? Does that look like him being shellshocked?

The same guy Theon KOs will likely become his second-in-command (he's in the boat with Theon who's in the front row). When Theon reunites with Jon, he is in command. His people obviously respect him enough to let him lead them.

Theon will be at dragonpit and will likely have some intense scene with Euron at the shipyard.

The leaker seems to have screwed up with Theon's arc at least (his s7 arc's hard to figure out so he went with the easy choice, the Reek stage, so as not to have to delve deeper into his storyline). And if that is wrong, what else is?

Yes! This is the Theon I wanna see. Theon needs to just man up and stop worrying about what others thinks about him, cause at the end of the day he'll never ever truly be Ironborn. He will always be the little Greyjoy boy was raised a Stark.

23 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

And yet you want Jon and Sansa which is the ultimate fanservice. So basically it's like you hate Jon and Dany because they'll likely fall in love and not with Sansa. These shipping wars, I like certain pairing but to go on to hate the other.

Thats what I'm saying lmao. First let me say i respect people opinions as its their own .Before the leaks I was always interested in a Jon/Dany hook up( More so now that its been brought to my attention that its kinda foreshadowed even in the books;) ) But even if I disliked the pair, I'm not gonna moan about it and say I hate it. Hates to strong of a word for something thats not really real lol.

5 minutes ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

Yes! This is the Theon I wanna see. Theon needs to just man up and stop worrying about what others thinks about him, cause at the end of the day he'll never ever truly be Ironborn.

Thats what I'm saying lmao. First let me say i respect people opinions as its their own .Before the leaks I was always interested in a Jon/Dany hook up( More so now that its been brought to my attention that its kinda foreshadowed even in the books;) ) But even if I disliked the pair, I'm not gonna moan about it and say I hate it. Hates to strong of a word for something thats not really real lol.

If people like Jon ad Damy, Jon and Sansa or Jon and Arya. I don't mind people's preferences but to sy this one is garbage and while supporting the other. Why not just ship what you want to ship and be cool.

As for Theon. He always gonna reclaim Iron Islands and rule. Or sacrifice but since he abandoned Yara, seems he'll reclaim his position as a King from Euron at some point.

27 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

If people like Jon ad Damy, Jon and Sansa or Jon and Arya. I don't mind people's preferences but to sy this one is garbage and while supporting the other. Why not just ship what you want to ship and be cool.

As for Theon. He always gonna reclaim Iron Islands and rule. Or sacrifice but since he abandoned Yara, seems he'll reclaim his position as a King from Euron at some point.

Idk about that.To me Theon arc has always been a redemption one. I think he's slated to die, but to die a hero.

But if he does somehow become the new IronKing I hope he really did get that chick on the boat preggoes XD

I think this season will only be stuffed and fan service as Gwendoline Christie said: "This season will be different, fans will get what they want" (jonerys fanservice), the only interesting will be the death inglorious Petry Baelish the rest as Arya assassinating freys like flies is rubbish, in order to wait until 2018'll have hopefully come alive until the eighth season.

1 hour ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

Idk about that.To me Theon arc has always been a redemption one. I think he's slated to die, but to die a hero.

But if he does somehow become the new IronKing I hope he really did get that chick on the boat preggoes XD

He could have redemption arc by saving Westeros with others and help Starks. Also rulling Iron Islands. Greyjoys has to rule... and he's the only one presumably after deaths of Yara and Euron. Don't think that Euron will live ... when White Walkers come, because it seems they can swim. Or how else would they drag dead dragon out of lake or water. It seems they can freze ocean or sea. Night King is powerful and Long Night as Old nan said Lords freezed in their castles.

13 hours ago, Evarei said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Theon's moment of victory

https://66.media.tumblr.com/1e10c8bd5ec6ee632a0bacf0b658a712/tumblr_ofy5yypRBy1qk8574o8_540.png

https://66.media.tumblr.com/453d4850ac584b839de32b8385666f35/tumblr_ofy5yypRBy1qk8574o2_540.png

https://67.media.tumblr.com/59fb09012157de336f370087a070d8fe/tumblr_ofy5yypRBy1qk8574o4_540.png

https://67.media.tumblr.com/8c54f7e1c6fe795cffca8f0f239cc47d/tumblr_ofy5yypRBy1qk8574o5_540.png

https://66.media.tumblr.com/f2831974e3d2b27f72f05ce2bf878fa9/tumblr_ofy5yypRBy1qk8574o7_540.png

He fights, he knocks the guy out, he even has to be restrained. Does that even remotely look like Reek? Does that look like him being shellshocked?

The same guy Theon KOs will likely become his second-in-command (he's in the boat with Theon who's in the front row). When Theon reunites with Jon, he is in command. His people obviously respect him enough to let him lead them.

Theon will be at dragonpit and will likely have some intense scene with Euron at the shipyard.

The leaker seems to have screwed up with Theon's arc at least (his s7 arc's hard to figure out so he went with the easy choice, the Reek stage, so as not to have to delve deeper into his storyline). And if that is wrong, what else is?

that's a good news and it makes more sense to me.

9 hours ago, principenoprometido said:

I think this season will only be stuffed and fan service as Gwendoline Christie said: "This season will be different, fans will get what they want" (jonerys fanservice), the only interesting will be the death inglorious Petry Baelish the rest as Arya assassinating freys like flies is rubbish, in order to wait until 2018'll have hopefully come alive until the eighth season.

I thibk Gwendoline was indirectly referring to JB apart from the general plot with the other characters. Not everyone is fan of Jon and Dany especially as their main and only favourite ones.

12 hours ago, Bear Claw said:

I could probably live with most of the leak info, except for:

Reveal hidden contents

the wight capture expedition  which results in the WWs capturing a dragon that they in turn use to get through the Wall.

I just hope there are more discrepancies with this leak. 

unfortunately the pregnancy won't be confirmed but people will be saying this is true and amazing.

55 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I thibk Gwendoline was indirectly referring to JB apart from the general plot with the other characters. Not everyone is fan of Jon and Dany especially as their main and only favourite ones.

My big problem with Jon and Dany is incest. My revulsion is based on a 21st century viewpoint--not the world in which Jon/Dany and their friends and enemies operate. But apart from my socialized disgust toward incestuous relationships even if this one will have an oedipal strain to it because they don't know they're related (IF the leak is correct and who knows if it is), the problem with these incest pairings like Jaime/Cersei is they're representative of  a toxic and dysfunctional old world order, a chain that Dany herself said she wanted to break to Tyrion. So now she is going to continue that toxic, dysfunctional world order with Jon? I don't know. The fans may sigh and swoon over this but it's gross and it's such a regression for Westeros. And yes, I know they won't know they're related but bleech--this is not what I want to see unless they can unrelate them. Can we have couples together who are not related and don't give birth to inbred children? This is another reason besides chemistry and decent writing that I want Jaime and Brienne together even if it's brief. 

4 minutes ago, HanginginWesteros said:

My big problem with Jon and Dany is incest. My revulsion is based on a 21st century viewpoint--not the world in which Jon/Dany and their friends and enemies operate. But apart from my socialized disgust toward incestuous relationships even if this one will have an oedipal strain to it because they don't know they're related (IF the leak is correct and who knows if it is), the problem with these incest pairings like Jaime/Cersei is they're representative of  a toxic and dysfunctional old world order, a chain that Dany herself said she wanted to break to Tyrion. So now she is going to continue that toxic, dysfunctional world order with Jon? I don't know. The fans may sigh and swoon over this but it's gross and it's such a regression for Westeros. And yes, I know they won't know they're related but bleech--this is not what I want to see unless they can unrelate them. Can we have couples together who are not related and don't give birth to inbred children? This is another reason besides chemistry and decent writing that I want Jaime and Brienne together even if it's brief. 

Oh yes, I agree, I don't like the amount of incest in this story, and incest in the story represents toxicity. However, my main concern with Jonerys is that there is not build-up and apparently they fall in love out of a sudden. People will say that they are destined, and the show have shown parallelisms, probably a "vision" in one chapter from the books, but the reality is that it makes sense that they find eachother, not that they fall in love, especially so quickly.

I'm not  afan of these type of romances. I don't understand why the ones that are settled gradually can not sail (if they don't); and I suppose that this annoys me and find Jonerys less appealing. I like Jon and Dany but they are not on my Top 10 list, either. However, there are worst things from the "leak".

22 minutes ago, HanginginWesteros said:

Well in the books, GRRM seems to have been subtly pointing out the disadvantages behind incest. The Targaryens as a family, Jaime and Cersei...stuff like that. Jon's book arc and development has been very heavily centred around the wildlings, who, as Ygritte says, "those who bed brothers and clan kin are cursed." (paraphrasing). and "A real man steals a woman from (a clan) afar." It's one of the biggest reasons I'm skeptical about any family pairing for Jon - be it Arya, Sansa or Dany. GRRM very consciously seems to have led Jon away from that path.

11 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

Well in the books, GRRM seems to have been subtly pointing out the disadvantages behind incest. The Targaryens as a family, Jaime and Cersei...stuff like that. Jon's book arc and development has been very heavily centred around the wildlings, who, as Ygritte says, "those who bed brothers and clan kin are cursed." (paraphrasing). and "A real man steals a woman from (a clan) afar." It's one of the biggest reasons I'm skeptical about any family pairing for Jon - be it Arya, Sansa or Dany. GRRM very consciously seems to have led Jon away from that path.

Good points! Generally incest is portrayed as negative fact in ASOIAF, though there are few examples of happy incest pairings. Marriage between cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces or nephews is generally accepted in Westeros, but not in the First men's culture like Wildlings.

2 minutes ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

Good points! Generally incest is portrayed as negative fact in ASOIAF, though there are few examples of happy incest pairings. Marriage between cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces or nephews is generally accepted in Westeros, but not in the First men's culture like Wildlings.

Yes, I know - but the Free Folk culture not just actively discourages brother-sister incest, it discourages marrying people from within even  the same clan. Ygritte is not related to Longspear Ryk by blood but still can't envision ever marrying him. They very clearly have a philosophy of "marry far away from gene pool." which is exactly what is recommended even by today's scientists.

And if you see, for all the trumpeting about keeping dragonblood/first men blood pure and stuff, quite a few of the most powerful magical individuals in the series seem to have resulted from the union of distant gene pools. All six Stark children being wargs, with two as possible skinchangers and one as greenseer. Bloodraven - union of Targ and Blackwood. Sheira Seastar (if rumours are true) -  Targ + woman from Lys.  Euron seems to have knowledge of very powerful and arcane magic, so on.

(Before someone says Dany, she is not a sorceress or magician, who can perform magic at will. The dragon hatching was a miraculous one-time incident, which she cannot repeat even if she wanted to  - this has been confirmed by GRRM.)

I am much more concerned with the path taken to get to the end, than where it ends up.

Who Jon and Dani wind up with is much less important to me than how they get there, and if I believe it.  A leak of a spoiler that tells me the end is not near enough to go on and say I like it or I don't. I can say the same of any other major events.

1 hour ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

Just the Wildlings. 

There are examples of cousins and uncle/niece marriages in the Stark family tree. Ned's parents were first cousins once removed. These types of marriages are not considered incest in Westeros. 

There have been both positive and negative portrayals of marriages based in incest. GRRM has offered a wide variety and has left it up to the reader to decide. Tywin and Joanna were cousins and that is seen as a loving marriage, probably the only goof thing Tywin ever did. 

ETA: One of the positive and strongest marriages in ASOIAF is that of Jaehaerys and Alysanne, a brother and a sister. 

Well I'm not a big fan of romance and love stories in general (though there are a few I enjoy) and I never really participated in the shipping stuff. However, I would be okay with Jon+ Dany as long as it is well done. I think GRRM would definetely develop it well and not make it love at the first sight (I hate stories which involve this), but I have less faith in the show handling it well. I suspect it will be rushed, because they don't have that many episodes left. I would also be ok with Jon+Dany not happening at all (which is unlikely at this point), but I kinda prefer this ship over a few others. 

Regarding the incest: Don't get me wrong here I'm not pro incest, but I'm okay with Jon+Dany, because they are basically two complete strangers who happen to share a few relatives and don't know each other at all. However, I'm against JonSa or Jon+Arya, because they grew up together. 

57 minutes ago, MoIaF said:

Just the Wildlings. 

There are examples of cousins and uncle/niece marriages in the Stark family tree. Ned's parents were first cousins once removed. These types of marriages are not considered incest in Westeros. 

There have been both positive and negative portrayals of marriages based in incest. GRRM has offered a wide variety and has left it up to the reader to decide. Tywin and Joanna were cousins and that is seen as a loving marriage, probably the only goof thing Tywin ever did. 

ETA: One of the positive and strongest marriages in ASOIAF is that of Jaehaerys and Alysanne, a brother and a sister. 

Interesting comments regarding the positive portrayls of incest in the books. Cersei of course had a negative influence on Jaime, but I found it interesting that of all the romances we get in the books this one was one which lasted quite long (contrary to Jon+ Ygritte for example) and in which both sides had feelings for each other from the beginning. Even Ned and Cat only married for political reasons. Sure Jaime's and Cersei's relationship was toxic, but it lasted longer than many other relationships in the books and they were happier than many othet couples in Westeros. I wonder whether GRRM did this on purpose...

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Oh yes, I agree, I don't like the amount of incest in this story, and incest in the story represents toxicity. However, my main concern with Jonerys is that there is not build-up and apparently they fall in love out of a sudden. People will say that they are destined, and the show have shown parallelisms, probably a "vision" in one chapter from the books, but the reality is that it makes sense that they find eachother, not that they fall in love, especially so quickly.

I'm not  afan of these type of romances. I don't understand why the ones that are settled gradually can not sail (if they don't); and I suppose that this annoys me and find Jonerys less appealing. I like Jon and Dany but they are not on my Top 10 list, either. However, there are worst things from the "leak".

You mean you don't like that they meet in episode 3 or 4 and have sex by episode 7?I LOATHE this stupid idea that "they're destined" because it's such lazy ass writing and a stupid and cheap soap opera contrivance. Yes, it's not the worst of the "leaks." The Euron one--where he asks if the wight can swim and then after finding out they can't (or can), he runs back to the Iron Island to hide. That is so beyond ridiculous. 

Archived