Snippets from season 7

Arataniello

10 hours ago, lojzelote said:

Exactly. I really don't understand what kg1982 is about with their Twilight rants. Martin's books are full of romantic love, although it rarely ends well (Rhaegar and Lyanna, the Rose of Winterfell and Bael the Bard, Jenny of Oldstones and Prince of Dragonflies etc.). A Dany hater whose bubble burst, I guess.

It's not like it haven't been foreshadowed before. As you said, George is a romantic person but we all know it won't end well. You look at Ned and Cat. It did not end well for them.

7 hours ago, JonSnowed said:

I would speculate the Iron bank call in it's debts and that forces Cersei to sack the reach in order to pay.  This is why we have the wagons which are ambushed in my opinion.

Could be. Nice idea and it would make sense but Tyrells are really nerfed in the show. They have more soldiers, more provisions and can fight Lannistersl All of sudden Lannisters apears quite a force.

4 hours ago, lojzelote said:

There are only two teams, and their names are Team Humankind and Team Others. That's something you should deal with. Besides, Jon doesn't have a boner for an independent North, and if the Northern nobility does, well, too bad for them. They should either suck it up or prepare for annihilation. I don't see any reason as to why Dany should risk the lives of her men for them if she doesn't get anything in return.

It's kinda her interest to participate in war against White Walkers because they ain't gonna stop with just North.

Another thing, I love history and complex characters. Most leaders and rulers iRL had been bad fuckers. Therefore Dany going all biblical on one-dimensional evil guys really doesn't disturb me much. Sorry, not sorry. Nor do I believe Jon will mind, since his last girlfriend cut down an old helpless man in front of him, and spend their days together explaining to him that stealing stuff and attacking peaceful villagers is totally okay and that women unable to defend themselves physically deserve to be kidnapped and raped. This storyline of Jon bonding with a harsh woman with a mindset different to his own has already been here once.

Agreed.

Anyway, I don't know what are you trying to accomplish by trying to put this pairing down by all those.... expressions. If it's indeed GRRM's endagame, then it has been set in stone since A Game of Thrones had been published in 1997. You're not changing the author's mind, not sorry to say. If you think you will upset me or others, so I and others feel the way you do about an endgame you loathe becoming canon... well, then it's not working, at least not on me. I've seen way too much BS in the fandom to care. Particularly not now when all those warmongers screaming: "OMG Dany is totes mad and will want to burn Jon at sight and take a terrible bloodthirsty revenge upon the Stark children" have been pretty much proven wrong.

Iam not sure Jon and Dany are endgame for iron throne or necessarily each other. For Dany yes, but  suspects Jon will marry afterwards, if he lives and becomes reluctant King, much like he was Lord Commander and KitN. House of the Unyding vision suggests she'll die and reunite with Drogo and Rhaego in the afterlife. Of course, it might mean different things to her but this common interpretation.

To kg182

She's not sociopath. Did you saw Joffrey? Anyway, it's not really worth to explaining to you since you still gonna rant on this. it would be better if do not react to each others posts. I ain't gonna change my opinion, and same is it with you. Have a good day.

1 hour ago, Seasmoke said:

Also if Dany executes House Tarly is Sam going to care in the show? I can't imagine him being happy with Dany at all. Even though Dickon is a douche and Randyll is an ass who hates wildlings for some reason (never understood why he has such a strong reaction to that) but he loves his mother and sister. I assume D&D will gloss that over. 

I think the show will gloss it over.I think the only reason they picked the Tarly's to burn is because it is the only house known to the viewers, and they needed to burn someone (as awful as that sounds ) . Other than that, I don't think it makes any real sense that the Tarlys are opposing Dany. 

House Tarly is sworn to House Tyrell, why would they be in opposition to Dany? Makes no sense.

What I find interesting about the Dragonpit leak, is not the players that are there, but the players that are missing. Namely, House Tyrell and the Sand Snakes. No Peter Baelish. If we read into this further, and assume that they are all dead at that time, It leaves most of the Major houses without leadership. The Riverlands, The Reach, Dorne, The Vale, The Stormlands. all essentially gone, or without effective leadership.

If Theon can reclaim the Iron Islands, that is another house to fall.

Jamie kills Cersie, and the Lannister Army is now onboard with the fight against the others. Theon brings the Iron Island onboard as well. Dany and Jon fall in love, but Dany dies in the fight against the others. The end game ushers in a new ruling system, one much closer to a democracy.

5 hours ago, kg1982 said:

So according to you genocide is apparently okay as long as the people carrying it out have vaginas?  Is that it honey.  So stupid and as a feminist with a vagina please get over this crap.  It hurts us big girls who have actual jobs and are really screwed over by the patriarchy.  Sorry but I am not cool with mass murder just because that murder is carried out by a woman.  AND if we are rooting for cool women villains, go team Cersei!

And please the crappy Dan and David fanfiction is not the books.  I doubt that Jon submissively kneeling to Dany and God awful boat sex will be in the book.

Your posts have to be some of the most incredibly short sighted nonsensical posts I have read on this site. And there has been a lot of them. Why wouldn't Jon kneel to Dany? Faced with certain annihilation, are you suggesting that pride should prevent him from making an alliance that is the only feasible way of his people surviving? Seriously?   

3 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

To kg182

She's not sociopath. Did you saw Joffrey? Anyway, it's not really worth to explaining to you since you still gonna rant on this. it would be better if do not react to each others posts. I ain't gonna change my opinion, and same is it with you. Have a good day.

Joffrey is a psychopath.  Tywin is a sociopath.  There is a difference.  I just don't think that she is some special snowflake who is Mother Teresa and who should be intrusted with absolute power.  Of course, I don't think that anyone should be allowed absolute power.  Just me.

1 hour ago, Ice Spider said:

Your posts have to be some of the most incredibly short sighted nonsensical posts I have read on this site. And there has been a lot of them. Why wouldn't Jon kneel to Dany? Faced with certain annihilation, are you suggesting that pride should prevent him from making an alliance that is the only feasible way of his people surviving? Seriously?   

See.  The issue is that he apparently kneels for no reason because of twue wuv.  That is stupid.  You don't give up power for nothing.  And I don't think that ceding power to Dany, who is a beneficial outcome in the long run.  Sure they will survive the zombie apocalypse but welcome your next absolute Targaryen tyrant with dragons, North.  You know the daughter of the guy who burned your lord and his heir with wildfire.

Since we're discussing Dany, I'd like to offer a retort to the person who said she's an immature girl in the books. I beg to differ. I think she's extremely selfless and is very thoughtful in the way she handles controversy. It would be hard to find a better ruler in their teens.

Now, I can understand the grievances and complaints against show Dany. Her scenes have become cliche since the second season ended. Virtually all of her scenes were cringe-worthy last season, especially the last episode. I don't think it's necessarily Emilia Clarke's fault. She has no choice but to read the scripts provided for her. After Tyrion clearly fumbled the situation with the Yunkish, she didn't even bring up the fact that he fucked up. Given what he did, why would she ever make him the hand of the king? Why not Missandei instead? Also, how has she not had the "oh you tried to kill me" conversation with Varys yet? She would clearly know who he is given her previous conversations with Ser Jorah and Barristan. And then there's the part about the dragons breaking through the walls of the pyramids and flying to her side and destroying the Yunkish fleet. I thought they were disobeying her? Why all of the sudden are they listening to her? And how the hell did they destroy thick pyramid walls?

9 hours ago, Seasmoke said:

Also if Dany executes House Tarly is Sam going to care in the show? I can't imagine him being happy with Dany at all. Even though Dickon is a douche and Randyll is an ass who hates wildlings for some reason (never understood why he has such a strong reaction to that) but he loves his mother and sister. I assume D&D will gloss that over. 

what? I just got spoiled about the Tarlys. I missed that part of the spoilers.

this is getting much much worse all the time!!!

why should she do that? I mean the father is stupid but the rest of the family is nice, even Dickon. I don't know why you call him that way considering what we saw on s6.

so Dany executes the Tarlys (all the family) and is happy to see Cersei alive and doesn't care about that?

the evil queen deserves everything. A baby, a crown, a puppet brother/lover and of course, enemies that also LIKE her.

definitely thwy have lost their mind if this is true.

maybe the night king will use the dragon for better purposes.

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

i read she would use the dagger that almost killed Bran using it in the same fashion she is accustomed to in the finales.

I guess Sansa and Arya just don't care about their father and how he would have done it. Dogs, Daggers. Who cares about that "fetch me a block" line and why Jon thought that hanging Janos is wrong.

9 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Iam not sure Jon and Dany are endgame for iron throne or necessarily each other. For Dany yes, but  suspects Jon will marry afterwards, if he lives and becomes reluctant King, much like he was Lord Commander and KitN. House of the Unyding vision suggests she'll die and reunite with Drogo and Rhaego in the afterlife. Of course, it might mean different things to her but this common interpretation.

Well, I don't know about the Iron Throne, but I'm almost sure that Dany will give birth yet again. Her position of the Mother is crucial to her character, be it the Mother of Dragons or the mother of her people. She bemoans the fact that she cannot have children of her own (or so she believes). Her getting pregnant is a classic rule of three: 1, first a stillbirth in AGoT; 2, a miscarriage in ADwD; 3, a living baby in ADoS.

Also, notice that her last chapters in AGoT and the last chapter in ADwD bear some interesting similarities. In both her hair burn off, in both she is very sick, and in both she turns away from a human child (stillborn Rhaego, Hazzea's memory) towards her dragon children. I'm fairly confident that the last time she'll make a different choice and pick her living human child over the dragons. How long she will live after that I have no idea.

As for Jon , if he indeed dies in the books and the show didn't kill him just for extra drama, I can't imagine mundane life of a noble for him. His existence would be against the natural order of things. At most I could see him travel to Asshai or the corpse city of Stygai ala Frodo or stay isolated in some isolated castle like Dragonstone or the Nightfort, so people don't notice he doesn't change and stuff.

But I see it as a much more likely option that he will die, sad to go, but mostly content - I mean, he gets to rule the North for a time, which he has always wanted, he gets to be a hero and help to save people of the Seven Kingdoms, and likely he gets the love of one of the most beautiful and iconic woman of their time and maybe become the father of her child. That's not bad for a boy who was supposed to spend his life forgotten in the Westerosi version of Siberian prison colony.

12 hours ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

I completely agree that there were some good parts on the show. Some scenes were great and I rewatched them several times.

When I did my first watch of season 6 I actually liked it a lot and it hooked me emotionally. I saw some of the flaws like Arya's storyline or Sansa not tellling Jon about the KotV, but I still considered it to be a good season in general. However, I did a rewatch and paid more attention to the logic and the writing, I read parts of the Rant and Rave threads , I watched Preston's review and some other reviews and the flaws of the show became more an more obvious to me. I really wanted to like season 6, because GoT used to be my favourite TV show during the first 3-4 seasons, but a some point the flaws just became to noticible to me. The more I started analysing it, the more I started disliking it. 

I watched season 6 only one time. And there were some things I really didn't like (Battle of the bastards, Arya's stabbing, Sansa/Jon off-screen stories, Jaime in KL etc.). But I can bear some parts, if they are only few parts and if they don't lead to a pointless actions (as it seems in the leaks)

13 hours ago, Evarei said:

I'm highly doubtful of GOT's security suddenly being so lax that we got an entire script leak several months away. D and D are known to be paranoid about leaks, and they troll the fandom to throw us off course. But they and HBO are suspiciously unresponsive, not even trying to control damage. There was that one short EW article but it was about set leaks. Lad's spoilers have even made it to media outlets. I'm no PR person but I'd think if HBO wanted it contained, it'd be. They're allowing it to spread, WOTW's source is even giving them confirmation of certain spoilers. Everyone involved with GOT signs an NDA. I understand those not normally associated with it or just extras (they don't have much to lose anyway) to leak spoilers but someone on the writing team sabotaging their own work (and subsequently career) like that? And not even for money but for free? It doesn't make much sense. It could be all done on purpose. Siddig did say HBO likes to 'misinform the crowds and send them in wrong directions'. He speculated the first 4 episodes of season 5 were leaked by HBO. I wouldn't be surprised.

Now why would they give us this leak? A mixed bag of truth (things we'd have spoiled for us anyway through set photos/videos) and lies to throw us off the actual plot and make sure any real spoilers, different from Lads', would be met with scepticism and ignorance.

I agree. Many people are saying this isn't possible because they don't have time for writing fake scripts. I don't know how it works, but I think that before you write a script, you must write a sort of draft/summary. And I also think you have to write more than one version, with different ideas and different events; then you can choose what you like the most. So why should they toss all the drafts in the garbage? They could easily broadcast different drafts.

33 minutes ago, Cridefea said:

I watched season 6 only one time. And there were some things I really didn't like (Battle of the bastards, Arya's stabbing, Sansa/Jon off-screen stories, Jaime in KL etc.). But I can bear some parts, if they are only few parts and if they don't lead to a pointless actions (as it seems in the leaks)

I agree. Many people are saying this isn't possible because they don't have time for writing fake scripts. I don't know how it works, but I think that before you write a script, you must write a sort of draft/summary. And I also think you have to write more than one version, with different ideas and different events; then you can choose what you like the most. So why should they toss all the drafts in the garbage? They could easily broadcast different drafts.

and there is also the fact that having access to the whole script before being filmed is not something easy (or that should be easy).

The leaker said it was from a friend of a friend of the writers or something like this, but are they going to tell him the whole story?

I can't understand how they permit that..

15 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

and there is also the fact that having access to the whole script before being filmed is not something easy (that should be easy).

The leaker said it was from a friend of a friend of the writers or something like this, but are they going to tell him the whole story?

I can't understand how they permit that..

Yeah. I'm new and last year I wasn't in the spoiler/leaks thing. But I found some season 6 leaks. It was September 2015 and it was a whole season leak, too. It could be something similar. Some events were true and very accurate, others have never happened. 

http://www.thegrumpyfish.com/game-of-thrones-season-6-entire-plot-leaked-or-fan-fiction/

6 minutes ago, Cridefea said:

Yeah. I'm new and last year I wasn't in the spoiler/leaks thing. But I found some season 6 leaks. It was September 2015 and it was a whole season leak, too. It could be something similar. Some events were true and very accurate, others have never happened. 

http://www.thegrumpyfish.com/game-of-thrones-season-6-entire-plot-leaked-or-fan-fiction/

Oh, I've just read it and it's very fake. He only got right things that anyone would have guessed right and the "funny" and "boring" scenes in regards to Bron and the one with Missandei and GreyWorm with Tyrion.

This time it's worse, although it could have been done on purpose and the "content" of the leaks is half fake/even the ones with the wight.

However, I think anyone could say that there will be a wight hunt at this moment, so that's something that makes me worry about everything else.

There are only a few things that will be fake that have been proved until now. And a lot that are ridiculously right or at least very accurtae in terms of locations and actors (Dragonstone everything except Reek and the fact that there is wight in the dragonpit).

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Oh, I've just read it and it's very fake. He only got right things that anyone would have guessed right and the "funny" and "boring" scenes in regards to Bron and the one with Missandei and GreyWorm with Tyrion.

This time it's worse, although it could have been done on purpose and the "content" of the leaks is half fake/even the ones with the wight.

However, I think anyone could say that there will be a wight hunt at this moment, so that's something that makes me worry about everything else.

There are only a few things that will be fake that have been proved until now. And a lot that are ridiculously right or at least very accurtae in terms of locations and actors (Dragonstone everything except Reek and the fact that there is wight in the dragonpit).

if read for ex the Arya's plot is true and accurate. And if read the comments they say it was all true because of the filming....

Just now, Cridefea said:

if read for ex the Arya's plot is true and accurate. And if read the comments they say it was all true because of the filming....

No, Arya's part is half-true. There are parts which aren't. And they could be guessed from the books and also the info from the locations, it was being filmed on September.

Archived