Snippets from season 7

Arataniello

I asked this in another thread but I'm curious what would make Jon leave Winterfell to go South? His sister whom he swore to protect is in Winterfell, his bannermen are there. The latter just named him King of the North and he's going south to presumably meet with Dany or her people? Why? Winter is coming and the army of the White Walkers are approaching and he leaves Winterfell, which he nearly died to retake in the Battle of the Bastards? Dany should meet with him, not vice versa. 

Is he betrayed by LF and (I hope not) Sansa? Does LF, aware of Jon's true parentage, out him to Sansa and the bannermen and Jon, in disgrace and stripped of his new KITN title, leave, with his loyal hand Davos in tow? And then he goes south to meet up with Dany to find out more about Rhaegar as well as aid in the upcoming fight against the WW?

46 minutes ago, LordImp said:

Some of this might be true , but 80% of this is BS. Cersei is fucked , if Dany or Tyrion meets Cersei she's dead , they are not gonna let her live . 

The Dragonstone meetings are more likely to happen at the end of the season . 

Dragonstone meetings are episode 3 or 4. Tyrion and Davos are already working together in ep 5. They need Jon out of the North for Sansa vs LF, also not to meet Bran. Then we have Jon and Dany who needs to meet, bond and form some relationship. 

6 minutes ago, HanginginWesteros said:

I asked this in another thread but I'm curious what would make Jon leave Winterfell to go South? His sister whom he swore to protect is in Winterfell, his bannermen are there. The latter just named him King of the North and he's going south to presumably meet with Dany or her people? Why? Winter is coming and the army of the White Walkers are approaching and he leaves Winterfell, which he nearly died to retake in the Battle of the Bastards? Dany should meet with him, not vice versa. 

Is he betrayed by LF and (I hope not) Sansa? Does LF, aware of Jon's true parentage, out him to Sansa and the bannermen and Jon, in disgrace and stripped of his new KITN title, leave, with his loyal hand Davos in tow? And then he goes south to meet up with Dany to find out more about Rhaegar as well as aid in the upcoming fight against the WW?

Jon knows that the North can't win against White Walkers. This is what matters to him and he needs Dany. She has three dragons, dragonglass and army. He needsto convince her of White Walkers and not vice versa. So, Jon basically has to travel to her as he holds triumphs.

Sansa might plot behind his back, Bran with his parentage news might even help it.

If Jon is going south, he needs something Dany wants which is the North and he's ruling there.

21 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Hide contents

Dragonstone meetings are episode 3 or 4. Tyrion and Davos are already working together in ep 5. They need Jon out of the North for Sansa vs LF, also not to meet Bran. Then we have Jon and Dany who needs to meet, bond and form some relationship. 

I understand , but is this 100% true ? 

What about the rumored sea battle Dany has with Euron where she falls of Drogon into the water ? [/ Spoiler]

40 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

IIRC, one of the leaker's posts said she briefly appeared, mostly lamented her various mistakes and then said something like 'Ice and Fire have met, at least I did something right'.  

No mention of her meeting Arya or anything like that, which I find odd.  The show clearly foreshadowed those two running into each other again, and they should both be in the Riverlands.  

He was pretty sparse on the details regarding things that weren't directly Jon/Dany related.  

Arya and Mel should definetly meet in Riverlands , that one im 95% sure of. 

The ice and fire have met stuff could be after the possible confrontation with the WW  

13 minutes ago, LordImp said:

I understand , but is this 100% true ? 

Reveal hidden contents

What about the rumored sea battle Dany has with Euron where she falls of Drogon into the water ? [/ Spoiler]

Yara is supposed to be captured, Theon to escape. So he'll meet Jon later on. Both confirmed by WOTW or L7R.

Means two scenarios. Yara and her fleet were attacked separately from Dany or together  and fucked up, Dany went to Dragonstone to establish base or attack is later on. But Davos is working with Tyron and he wouldn't be doing it, unless they're already on the same side. Also Goald Cloak means KL is under Cersei's control, because why to try smuggle themselves into city? I'd say naval battle is from episode 1 or 2 probably.

Also new pics of Jon in Stark armor or fancy one with Davos seems to be from earlier episodes, as they're at Dragonstone and walking freely without guards. Jon won't be at Dragonstone until season finale. [ spoiler]

About Jon kneeling to Dany bit. I think it might very well be bs but here we go.

Basically, this person claims that alwaysforthelads got it partially wrong or misinterpretated things.

Dany at first meeting wants Jon to kneel and he refuses it. Tyrion advises her that Jon doesn't have to be another enemy on her list and it would be disrespectful towards Northern Lords and Jon as a person. Later in the season. They have as Jon and Dany scene just between them. Jon talks about being a motherless outcast. During the whole scene you only hear Jon's voice and camera is focused on Dany as she listens to him, during it she interupts him, and says that he never has to kneel for her. Jon regardless of this kneels to her.

Sounds bs because how would person know exact details like this but they were filming scenes at Belfast which are indoor scenes and in Spain too.

That and Kit and Emilia are supposed to be filming at Iceland so apparently according to this person, wight hunt might be a possiblity but he or she doesn't know more details. Just a bit about Kit and Emilia, If it's bs we'll know when casting or who will fly to Iceland to shoot scenes.

6 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

About Jon kneeling to Dany bit. I think it might very well be bs but here we go.

Basically, this person claims that alwaysforthelads got it partially wrong or misinterpretated things.

Hide contents

Dany at first meeting wants Jon to kneel and he refuses it. Tyrion advises her that Jon doesn't have to be another enemy on her list and it would be disrespectful towards Northern Lords and Jon as a person. Later in the season. They have as Jon and Dany scene just between them. Jon talks about being a motherless outcast. During the whole scene you only hear Jon's voice and camera is focused on Dany as she listens to him, during it she interupts him, and says that he never has to kneel for her. Jon regardless of this kneels to her.

Sounds bs because how would person know exact details like this but they were filming scenes at Belfast which are indoor scenes and in Spain too.

That and Kit and Emilia are supposed to be filming at Iceland so apparently according to this person, wight hunt might be a possiblity but he or she doesn't know more details. Just a bit about Kit and Emilia, If it's bs we'll know when casting or who will fly to Iceland to shoot scenes.

Spoiler

I hope that "spoiler/leak" is wrong. He needs to approach Dany from a place of strength. I feel bad for Jon, but he needs to move on now. 

When Season 6 concluded D&D said they were still following GRRM's story and they had stayed true to it largely so there are definitely mixed messages. My feel is that largely the plot points are the same (i.e. Jon leaving Nightswatch, becoming KitN, Dany sailing for Westeros, Cersei rising to power) however the details will be different.

Regarding the solid and verified leaks I'm pretty much of the belief that Jon/Davos go to dragonstone for the dragonglass. They clearly meet Dany and it seems there will be some fighting on the beach so presumably he is not summoned there but goes of his own free will.   

Now why Davos goes with Tryion to kings landing I would have thought this would be to get Gendry - using Tyrion's knowledge of tunnels etc however other leaks suggest this is to meet Jamie - if so then Dany but have some leverage to force Davos to go.

I'm still very worried that Jon bending the knee or having sex with Dany is going to very shit.

7 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

How many times in the history bigger army fucked up. I think they did this on purpose, so than show us how Dany is not always wisest and best, she'll make mistake. Thus allowing Jon a bit of bargain, room for negotiations. HOTU visions showed that Dany turned away from Iron Throne towards the North. makes sense as Wun Wun said here to do this on the show.

I would say that will lose and than it allows Cersei to live a bit longer. Also, room how to have Lena on the show and not kill her that quickly.

Also it showed that humanity needs to be united that means even Lannsietsr but I don't think even if they did this, that Cersei would be loyal and what leaks said describes her perfectly to allowing Lannisters join forces with Jon and Dany but betraying them. Euron seem in show either as big deal or filler..

Well sure smaller armies have beaten bigger armies but dany has: 

- around 8k unsullied. 

-around 100k dothraki

- around 30k of Martell soldiers

-around 100k of Tyrell soldiers

- some Ironborn

- 3 dragons. 

The Lanniste forces are apparently down to 8k and Cersei could have the Citywatch of KL on her side plus Euron's men. 

Dany outnumbers them around 10:1 at least. She has to fuck up in a worse way than Jon and Sansa did in Season 6 in order to loose that. At least that would mean that Jon and Dany have more in common. 

Apart from this Dany doesn't even need to send her army into battle. She could just unleash her dragons on the enemy. They portrayed her as someone who'd be willing to do that in season 6.

Alliance with Cersei: A problem with that is that a betrayal of Cersei is something which Tyrion, Varys and Olenna would expect. They all see Cersei as selfish and shouldn't trust her.Even less so after the whole sept thing. 

7 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

D&D don't care about such details.  They've demonstrated that repeatedly over the years.  Cersei and Euron are the endgame villains, so they have the means to hurt the heroes.  Magically appearing armies, gold and other resources, you name it, they got it.  

Why?  Cause "plot", that's why.  With D&D, it's as frustratingly simple as that.  Always has been.  

Yes. Right why do I still hope that they would care about these "details"? 

I know that many of us complained that Ramsay did not get betrayed by his own even when they had clearly lost the battle. 

I doubt any soldier in Cersei's army will betray her, because they fear her too much, but the soldiers should also be afraid of becoming dragon food. But yeah such details don't matter anymore. 

People have been way overrating Daenerys and her resources. She does not have absolute power because of the strength of number of her army and dragons. Drogon and Co are not the size of Balerion or Cannibal. They're cubs or whatever you call young dragons. It took like 5 minutes and all three of them to sink ONE ship, Drogon was harmed by the Harpies, how effective can they be against thousands upon thousands of armed soldiers and hundreds of ships ? Dragons, of their size particularly, are NOT invincible They're not WMDs, they're little more than a flamethrower. And a downed dragon is not hard to eliminate.

As for her army. The Unsullied have been pretty underwhelming on the show. And Dothraki. Well, if I had to bet on a Dothraki warrior, with his leather gear covering only half his body and some furs, or a fully armed skilled soldier, I’d bet on the soldier. Dothraki have no experience in battling an organized Westerosi army with a great battle commander. What great battle commanders does Dany have?

So Daenerys’s strength comes mainly from Greyjoys, Tyrells and Martells.

Also an army winning against all odds is steeped in reality

http://listverse.com/2013/07/15/10-absurdly-outnumbered-underdogs-who-won/  25:1

http://listverse.com/2013/10/26/10-amazing-military-victories-against-the-odds/

http://www.hexapolis.com/2014/10/26/10-greatest-battles-won-against-overwhelming-odds/

2 hours ago, Bear Claw said:
  Hide contents

I hope that "spoiler/leak" is wrong. He needs to approach Dany from a place of strength. I feel bad for Jon, but he needs to move on now. 

Totally agree with you . Jon is the KITN not one of Danys soldiers . 

That's what worries me. Season 6 was all about women taking charge, while men were weak, undecisive, submissive, reckless or reluctant. Daenerys, Cersei, Yara, Arya, Margaery, Olenna, Ellaria, Sansa (well until the Lords were all 'nope, you're just a Lannister/Bolton-married girl, we need a winter warrior to lead us not a flowery lady'). I'm all for female characters being effective and keeping agency, but I'd prefer balance, not for it to come at the expense of the established male characters. 

I don't want any scenario of Jon being subjugated or submitting on his own, losing his agency. It'd put a bad light on both he and Daenerys. It shouldn't be Jon's endgame arc.

1 hour ago, Evarei said:

That's what worries me. Season 6 was all about women taking charge, while men were weak, undecisive, submissive, reckless or reluctant. Daenerys, Cersei, Yara, Arya, Margaery, Olenna, Ellaria, Sansa (well until the Lords were all 'nope, you're just a Lannister/Bolton-married girl, we need a winter warrior to lead us not a flowery lady'). I'm all for female characters being effective and keeping agency, but I'd prefer balance, not for it to come at the expense of the established male characters. 

I don't want any scenario of Jon being subjugated or submitting on his own, losing his agency. It'd put a bad light on both he and Daenerys. It shouldn't be Jon's endgame arc.

Agree 100% . I really hope we get a Jon vs Dany conflict in S8 , though with the latest rumors about the Nights King that seems unlikely. 

5 hours ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

Well sure smaller armies have beaten bigger armies but dany has: 

- around 8k unsullied. 

-around 100k dothraki

- around 30k of Martell soldiers

-around 100k of Tyrell soldiers

- some Ironborn

- 3 dragons. 

The Lanniste forces are apparently down to 8k and Cersei could have the Citywatch of KL on her side plus Euron's men. 

Dany outnumbers them around 10:1 at least. She has to fuck up in a worse way than Jon and Sansa did in Season 6 in order to loose that. At least that would mean that Jon and Dany have more in common. 

Apart from this Dany doesn't even need to send her army into battle. She could just unleash her dragons on the enemy. They portrayed her as someone who'd be willing to do that in season 6.

Alliance with Cersei: A problem with that is that a betrayal of Cersei is something which Tyrion, Varys and Olenna would expect. They all see Cersei as selfish and shouldn't trust her.Even less so after the whole sept thing. 

When army of ice zombies is marching, they had to gather everyone. Jon mentioned it to wildlings.

Jon, Tyrion, Missandei and Davos. One of the scenes what leaker said was Tyrion welcoming Jon and Davos, Dothraki taking their boats and and maybe even weapons. Hope not but wouldn't put it past them to do something like this. Or they could be filming some other scene.

http://www.elcorreo.com/fotos/bizkaia/201610/21/juego-tronos-rueda-juan-203712237175-mm.html?edition=bizkaia

Archived