Arya if Robb and Catelyn survived?

mtfo1995

What do you think would of happen to Arya if Robb and Catelyn survived? Would she of stayed with them in the Riverlands?

I feel she would've gotten frustrated with not being able to fight and left, leading her to Bravo. 

What about the Hound? Would he have stayed and fought for Robb?

Guest jasonothegreat
On 10/16/2016 at 11:27 PM, mtfo1995 said:

What do you think would of happen to Arya if Robb and Catelyn survived? Would she of stayed with them in the Riverlands?

I feel she would've gotten frustrated with not being able to fight and left, leading her to Bravo. 

Personally I think Arya would stay with her brother no matter what, The lone Wolves die when winter comes after all. The Hound would most likely not stay and fight with Robb, all he wanted was enough cash to leave the war and stop fighting

• 8 months later...
On 24/10/2016 at 8:15 AM, jasonothegreat said:

Personally I think Arya would stay with her brother no matter what, The lone Wolves die when winter comes after all. The Hound would most likely not stay and fight with Robb, all he wanted was enough cash to leave the war and stop fighting

Unlikely, Robb was desperate because he let his cock do his thinking for him and we get a hint of this desperation just before Tyrion marries Sansa, he advocates returning her and suing for peace, Tywin refuses stating that Robb would just marry her off to a riverlord or northern lord to shore up his alliances, specifically he mentions the Mallisters, Blackwoods, Manderlys and Umbers, but it's not hard to assume he would sell her to the Freys in addition to Edmure and i can easily see Cat putting her in a dress and marching her to the sept and telling her to do her duty.

• 1 month later...
On 7/2/2017 at 7:58 AM, Livesundersink said:

Unlikely, Robb was desperate because he let his cock do his thinking for him and we get a hint of this desperation just before Tyrion marries Sansa, he advocates returning her and suing for peace, Tywin refuses stating that Robb would just marry her off to a riverlord or northern lord to shore up his alliances, specifically he mentions the Mallisters, Blackwoods, Manderlys and Umbers, but it's not hard to assume he would sell her to the Freys in addition to Edmure and i can easily see Cat putting her in a dress and marching her to the sept and telling her to do her duty.

Arya is already betrothed to a Frey, she wouldn't marry till she came of age. 

We have seen pre-menarche marriages.

The one involving Tyrek Lannister, IIRC, to a baby (Fairweather? Merryweather?), for instance.

So the scenario painted by Livesundersink is quite probable - Robb will make others pay for his Oathbreaking.

And while Arya is contemplating - in random order - murder, fratricide, matricide, suicide, running away to Essos, jumping the bones of the first stableboy she comes across and screaming about not being a virgin from the rooftops - Westeros will crow about how honourable the Starks are ...

Presumably they'd be captive in the Riverlands and it would be a while before Robb was returned to KL to surrender to Tywin, so I think things shake out the same for Arya. Maybe she would bail back to Westeros faster, but I think she'd still have ended up with the FM.

Would she have the same list? Probably, I don't think she's added the Freys yet, otherwise she wouldn't get any sleep.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/08/2017 at 8:00 AM, averde said:

Arya is already betrothed to a Frey, she wouldn't marry till she came of age. 

Yes that is true, but Robb's mistake was to accept a betrothal for Arya when he did not have custody of her. we see later in Storm that he gives her up for dead as no one has seen or heard of her since Ned's death. I was merely referring to Robb's desperation to mend ties with the frey's by any means he could, hence if Sansa had been released from King's Landing he would have offered her to the frey's instead.

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2017 at 6:23 PM, TMIFairy said:

We have seen pre-menarche marriages.

The one involving Tyrek Lannister, IIRC, to a baby (Fairweather? Merryweather?), for instance.

So the scenario painted by Livesundersink is quite probable - Robb will make others pay for his Oathbreaking.

And while Arya is contemplating - in random order - murder, fratricide, matricide, suicide, running away to Essos, jumping the bones of the first stableboy she comes across and screaming about not being a virgin from the rooftops - Westeros will crow about how honourable the Starks are ...

The name is Hayford. 

She would feel totally betrayed at being sold off as the fourth most important item in a negotiation to cross a bridge after all she had been through to reunite with them and believe that her worst fears about being wanted by Cat had been realised. Not sure how she would react to that, most likely run off to the Wall to meet up with Jon.

1 minute ago, Horse of Kent said:

She would feel totally betrayed at being sold off as the fourth most important item in a negotiation to cross a bridge after all she had been through to reunite with them and believe that her worst fears about being wanted by Cat had been realised. Not sure how she would react to that, most likely run off to the Wall to meet up with Jon.

And wind up like Danny Flint?

53 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

The name is Hayford. 

Thank you.

31 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

And wind up like Danny Flint?

A sticky yet quick end might be preferable over a life of misery .. call it "suicide by Night Watch", if you may ...

On 10/16/2016 at 9:27 PM, mtfo1995 said:

If there is no Red Wedding and things are patched up with the Freys, she would probably remain betrothed to Elmar Frey. (Yes, I know they cancelled it; but they could either reinstate it, or pretend the cancellation never happened).  This is far from the worst fate.  Marriage would be several years away, and Elmar was a decent sort.  Plenty of time to get to know each other and get used to the idea of being together. 

If Robb and Catelyn somehow survive the RW, or the Freys break off without the RW, she probably winds up at Riverrun.  A betrothal is certainly a possibility, although I think Tywin was overstating things a bit.  In any case, we've seen several characters who would be potentially suitable matches for her (Jaime's squires and Hoster Blackwood, for example)

1 hour ago, Horse of Kent said:

She would be too damn happy to be reunited with her family and in a safe place.  I doubt she would run away in any case.  She has seen what things are like for a child alone, and it isn't pretty.  Even now, in Braavos, she craves security and a sense of belonging and purpose.

21 minutes ago, Nevets said:

Even now, in Braavos, she craves security and a sense of belonging and purpose.

Hence why Robb and Cat treating her as a commodity to be traded, rather than an invaluable part of the indivisible pack as in the rhetoric she took to heart from Ned will be such a gut wrencher.

14 hours ago, Horse of Kent said:

Hence why Robb and Cat treating her as a commodity to be traded, rather than an invaluable part of the indivisible pack as in the rhetoric she took to heart from Ned will be such a gut wrencher.

She's become the butt of many memes and jokes about chances of being reunited with family being lost and such, if there was no RW it's likely they would have left her at the Twins.

• 3 weeks later...

It is hard to predict but the answer would depend on whether the Starks are in position to negotiate a peace or if they are badly beaten.  If they are in a position to negotiate, what would they do?  Does Robb have enough honor and sense of responsibility to do the right thing and force Arya to marry Elmar Frey?  Arya's happiness, what she wants to do and doesn't want to do is completely unimportant.  What matters is the oath that Robb gave in order to get the Freys to help him.  If the Starks are losing badly they will have no room to negotiate.  Arya will be married off to a groom chosen by Tywin. 

Archived