HBO's Westworld- Enter the maze [spoilers]

Ramsay B.

On 10/17/2016 at 4:12 PM, The Monkey said:

Interesting how differently people think. I imagine this to be at least 300 years into the future.

Given that most scientists believe the date that AI will achieve sentience is some time in this century, I'd say that it's unrealistic for the show to take place three hundred years from now, as the robots in the park have obviously not yet achieved true sentience (but are getting close).

19 hours ago, Darzin said:

An explanation of how the guns work and the parks liability.

Also a map of the park.  I'm curious about the ghost nation and how the native Americans are portrayed. I hope they are not just antagonists.  

I've been having an amusing time reading that fake Delos Corporation website. The corporate communiques were hilarious. What those bored employees will get up to!

9 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Somewhere, Joss Whedon is really wishing he'd gotten HBO backing for Dollhouse...

Anyway, liking it a lot so far, though I think the first episode was the strongest so far.

I've loved every episode but the first is still my favourite as well. I miss the Peter Abernathy host already! He's fantastic! IMDB says he will be back for a few more episodes! I hope soon...fantastic actor...

On 17/10/2016 at 9:57 PM, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Good post.  I think it's 2060-70 ish.  

Loved the look we got last night at Ford's work with the crude early hosts, great backstory. Still love where this series is headed.

I liked that some of the hosts in the flashback were those we have seen in the current timeline too (or at least the actors portraying them). Pretty sure one of them was also the woman who introduced William to the Park (confirming that she is a host, and presumably therefore that there's are other hosts on the staff)

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I liked that some of the hosts in the flashback were those we have seen in the current timeline too (or at least the actors portraying them). Pretty sure one of them was also the woman who introduced William to the Park (confirming that she is a host, and presumably therefore that there's are other hosts on the staff)

I thought I saw her too so it's probably the case.

I guess the difference is that host knew she was one from the conversation she had with William. Maybe they found that the work environment didn't work when humans and hosts were aware of each other? The solution was to have hosts working alongside humans where neither was aware they were hosts.

1 hour ago, red snow said:

I thought I saw her too so it's probably the case.

I guess the difference is that host knew she was one from the conversation she had with William. Maybe they found that the work environment didn't work when humans and hosts were aware of each other? The solution was to have hosts working alongside humans where neither was aware they were hosts.

Did she know? She seemed rather coy about it.  

1 hour ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I think she was playing coy because he was uncomfortable with it, not because she didn't know.  

That was my take on it too.

On an unrelated note I'm excited to hear Red Dead Redemption 2 will be released in fall 2017. Westworld has definitely got me working up an appetite for playing some more of that game. Although I may spare a thought for the potential the NPCs are AI trapped within a game...

I'm on the fence now with the William & his buddy are in the past....his asshole future brother in law does look a lot like Hector...and I'm wondering if Ford's new story is going to be some kind of take on the 'critical failure' of 30 years ago....which probably had something to do with robot uprising/crazy black church buried in the sand...since he did say all great stories are built around the truth.  It would be a really, really dark take though for the nice guy to turn into a totally depraved freakazoid robot torturing nut job...so, not convinced, but no longer ruling it out.  LOL, now that almost everyone has.

20 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I'm on the fence now with the William & his buddy are in the past....his asshole future brother in law does look a lot like Hector...and I'm wondering if Ford's new story is going to be some kind of take on the 'critical failure' of 30 years ago....which probably had something to do with robot uprising/crazy black church buried in the sand...since he did say all great stories are built around the truth.  It would be a really, really dark take though for the nice guy to turn into a totally depraved freakazoid robot torturing nut job...so, not convinced, but no longer ruling it out.  LOL, now that almost everyone has.

LOL, you know that, just GO for it with the theories, I certainly am!!!! proper enjoying coming up with all sorts of ideas about this show!!! :D:D

Just heard about GRRM and others talking about GoT/Westworld crossover...

Am I the one who thought..

Spoiler

the conversation between Anthony Hopkins' character and the guy who presented a new narrative is something that would fit into the mold of honest conversation between GRRM and D&D.

24 minutes ago, Risto said:

Just heard about GRRM and others talking about GoT/Westworld crossover...

Am I the one who thought..

Reveal hidden contents

the conversation between Anthony Hopkins' character and the guy who presented a new narrative is something that would fit into the mold of honest conversation between GRRM and D&D.

Doubt it. If it did Dance with Dragons wouldn't have been so shit.

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

A GOT Westword crossover is NUTS.  N.U.T.S.  I am shocked GRRM would have been the one who brought it up and not some dumb ass corporate hack.  Bad, bad, bad idea.  Bad.  Very bad.  

It would be Awful. I don't want Westworld to be SULLIED. LMAO, I like it too much to be crossed over with GoT. 

I've really warmed up to the Logan/William are in an earlier timeline theory....also saw the idea that the photo that caused Dolores father to go twitchy is that of William's fiance, which he will leave behind some time in the future once he goes 'fuck all this nice guy stuff'.  

How would that work, just have a flashback of Jon, Dany, and Tyrion showing up as guests at the Delos GOTWorld and being greeted by Anthony Hopkins.   Everyone else they meet in GOT is a host?   You even have a couple hosts being replaced with different models periodically, the Gregor and the Daario hosts for example.

4 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

okay lads *rolls up sleeves* who else is shipping ashley and elsie *serious face* 

Elsie's not for that, she's for the ladies! Also only The Right Hemsworth™

should be allowed to have romantic relationships.

Archived