HBO's Westworld- Enter the maze [spoilers]

Ramsay B.

On the purported rumors of possible crossover with GOT/WW.

If the show wants to do different periods and themes each year they could use Westeros like the medieval world from the movie.

Anything will be after the show ends since think the budget needed will be massive. I also wonder how many of the actors will actually be interested since I can the filming being quite grueling.

15 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

i would hate that 

lol, yeah, because it would totally suck beyond belief.  i really don't think hbo is dumb enough to do such a hairbrained thing, of all the prequels and spin offs they could do, making everyone on westeros a robot doesn't even make the list.

11 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

lol, yeah, because it would totally suck beyond belief.  i really don't think hbo is dumb enough to do such a hairbrained thing, of all the prequels and spin offs they could do, making everyone on westeros a robot doesn't even make the list.

lmao it would just be THE WORST 

2 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I still think it's a dumb idea, but I have to assume he wasn't suggesting a twist where everyone on Game of Thrones (sans maybe a few) turns out to be a robot. More likely he was suggesting that Game of Thrones the show could have existed in the Westworld universe and was super popular so they licensed it for one of their parks.

I think it'd be weird if they turned out to have any parks other than Westworld, at least at that facility. How have they not been mentioned by now? 

GRRM could of enjoyed and been a fan of the original movie.  It was a success in 1973 and had some advance idea and effects for its time.  Martin is obviously a sci-fi fan.

I know I read they plotted out a 5 year storyline already.  So unless part of it is they change themes and period within the Park than it will be a big strike against the idea.

I just think it would be too expensive for I can easily see it being about $20 million an episode for all the CGI that will be needed.  I also think many actors just want to do other things after the show ends.

Do not get the overt hostility and  those thinking this is somewhat being tied the show itself or Martin's work are way off the mark.  

While i wouldn't endorse a GOT is Westworld theme, I'd certainly question why the Wild West is the option the themepark goes for. We have to assume Westerns come back in fashion because otherwise we'd be wondering why fantasy eg Harry Potter, LOTR or superheroes aren't the options they pick. Counter argument is those things all require humans to have special abilities which might be hard to replicate - even in a robot theme park. Still, it makes me wonder why prohiition gangsta america or medieval or roman worlds weren't picked. I'm not saying westerns aren't cool but would that be the go-to theme of creating a robot theme park unless it was the creator's obsession?

I know the showrunners were asked and though I think they were appearing to be open about the other worlds I do think it will just be Western throughout.

An "unsettled" land with no laws and open possibilities is an allure of the American West and does definitely fit nicely with the idea of the Park.

9 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

it's one of those shows you have to watch every minute to be fair!!! not great background viewing 

I would agree with this. I watched the first episode in a sort of vague only half paying attention way and didn't really understand or enjoy it. But once I focused on it I found it much better. Certainly not a show I can only half focus on

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I would agree with this. I watched the first episode in a sort of vague only half paying attention way and didn't really understand or enjoy it. But once I focused on it I found it much better. Certainly not a show I can only half focus on

I think that's why I'm so INTO this show because you kind of have to be...it's not background tv it can't be 

29 minutes ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

An EW with the showrunners Jonathan Nolan and Lisa on the crossover which is basically putting the kibosh on the crossover idea.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/19/westworld-game-thrones-crossover

Oh yeah, absolutely. She said the dragons need to be real. I think they entertained the notion for one second, if that.

3 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I love the intro to this show so much. 

0:55 - 1:05 is my favourite bit personally (music AND video), that and the very end,. 

It is tremendous. Ramin strikes again. I'm sure this will be a strong contender for the Best Introduction Emmy next year.  This year, the intro to The Man in the High Castle won. It deserved it for sure.

4 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

i want to know where the man in black found his first crumb to his bread trail of maps in brains and hidden host families and HOW 

Wellllll...if he's Arnold, or a specific Arnold creation, it stands to reason he'd know about it...

Archived