HBO's Westworld- Enter the maze [spoilers]

Ramsay B.

3 hours ago, red snow said:

I think his intentions are good/curiousity driven but I think he's going to let the genie out the bottle and cause a bit of chaos. He has a Prometheus vibe going on - although Ford/Arnold may fit that bill too. I think Ford/Arnold are maybe higher up the chain in terms of god comparisons.

If Ford is trying to recreate the incident that Arnold precipitated 30nyears earlier...he's likely pushing Bernard on a path similar to what Arnold did...

I think that makes sense...

1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

By the way snake lady is the same blonde lady that goes mad in the flashback when Ford is talking about Arnold. She didn't have a snake tattoo then. 

Paused the flashback scene and compared to Ingrid Bolsø Berdal's IMDB photos. My husband and I both think it is. Nice!

6 minutes ago, Guess who's back said:

One things that I don't like about this show is the whores storyline. 100% filler with nothing interesting at all. I hope they wont drag this for the whole season. Why should we even care about her?

Wait, are you talking about Maeve/Thandie Newton? She's awesome!

24 minutes ago, Guess who's back said:

One things that I don't like about this show is the whores storyline. 100% filler with nothing interesting at all. I hope they wont drag this for the whole season. Why should we even care about her?

Why should we even care about her? Have you seen all the episodes? She is completely interrelated with all of the ongoing storyline among the hosts. It's a struggle to understand what you are talking about without reading your tone as derisive to the "whores".

2 minutes ago, Week said:

Why should we even care about her? Have you seen all the episodes? She is completely interrelated with all of the ongoing storyline among the hosts. It's a struggle to understand what you are talking about without reading your tone as derisive to the "whores".

Hello....IMO he/she is trolling. The "whores" tag kind of gives it away. Anyone who has seen the last few episodes knows how important Maeve(?) is to the show.

3 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Hello....IMO he/she is trolling. The "whores" tag kind of gives it away. Anyone who has seen the last few episodes knows how important Maeve(?) is to the show.

Agreed. She's been awesome.

Maeve's character has flashback memories of her previous loops, involving the MiB. She wakes up from sleep mode and remembers the park staff. She found the bullet. Her cognitive dissonance is likely what the 4th episode is named for. I'm thinking now she will fail to resolve that cognitive dissonance and go crazy, OR she'll successfully resolve the dissonance, create her own narrative, and...go crazy? I mean, any narrative approximating reality would be pretty fucking awful. Or maybe she'll get recalled again first. 

Maeve and Hector have fantastic chemistry.

Thandie Newton is among the best actors on the show, arguably is the best. The scene after they bumped her perception and acuity? Fantastic. 

ETA: Agreed that we should leave skankhunt 42 to Denmark, but thought it was worth talking about Maeve's role on the show anyway.

27 minutes ago, dbunting said:

That's what she is no? I cant remember names of everyone. On top of my head I can only name Dolores and Teddy and White/While(?) or however you spell that guy. Already forgot the name of black programmer and Anthony Hopkins character. 

Actually I'm curios how is that guy that MiB is after named? While?

1 hour ago, Guess who's back said:

What the hell are you even on about? Thandie is the best host 

19 minutes ago, Guess who's back said:

That's what she is no? I cant remember names of everyone. On top of my head I can only name Dolores and Teddy and White/While(?) or however you spell that guy. Already forgot the name of black programmer and Anthony Hopkins character. 

Actually I'm curios how is that guy that MiB is after named? While?

Wyatt?? Maybe learn the characters names before you start dismissing them 

As far as host identity, I'd say they are all androids cast in different character roles in a very splashy theme park. I don't think I'd say Dolores's identity is "daughter on the Abernathy farm." It's just her current role. Her flashbacks seem to indicate that she's had others. In the town with the white church that Ford talks about with mini-Ford.

ETA: I've learned from South Park that a truly accomplished troll can provoke indignation of such a sanctimonious quality from his critics that the critics inadvertently troll the group of people who disagree with them, ad infinitum. This is bush league. 

3 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

If Ford is trying to recreate the incident that Arnold precipitated 30nyears earlier...he's likely pushing Bernard on a path similar to what Arnold did...

I think that makes sense...

Oh no, not only does it make sense it may somehow resurrect William is MiB. What if Ford has somehow managed to manipulate Delores' storyline so that 30years later she also shot the cowboy who tried to rape her and then she ran off into the wilds? Then she could have bumped into William? But then we haven't been seeing what has happened to her in the present? Still don't like this but it's not as cheaty as events being very similar for the sake of throwing us off scent. What we are seeing may already be Ford's next big story?

I'm weirdly missing the obnoxious guy who creates storylines. Was he fired or have they just not had time for him since Ford dismissed his new story plan?

26 minutes ago, red snow said:

Oh no, not only does it make sense it may somehow resurrect William is MiB. What if Ford has somehow managed to manipulate Delores' storyline so that 30years later she also shot the cowboy who tried to rape her and then she ran off into the wilds? Then she could have bumped into William? But then we haven't been seeing what has happened to her in the present? Still don't like this but it's not as cheaty as events being very similar for the sake of throwing us off scent. What we are seeing may already be Ford's next big story?

I'm weirdly missing the obnoxious guy who creates storylines. Was he fired or have they just not had time for him since Ford dismissed his new story plan?

Really!?! I fucking hate Sizemore lol...he just kinda takes me out of the show...like he doesn't suit it 

I remain baffled at how the park actually works, and it's distracting to me.  At the end of last episode, Delores stumbled into Williams camp and collapsed.  Start of this episode, she's in a lab talking to Bernard.  But, back in the camp, she's there to wake up in the morning.  Did they ferret her out in the middle of the night?  Or, are the scenes not sequential?  Probably the latter, but I find it distracting.

20 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Really!?! I fucking hate Sizemore lol...he just kinda takes me out of the show...like he doesn't suit it 

But it is quite fun to hate him. So when he's missing, so is that fun. :)

2 hours ago, HokieStone said:

I remain baffled at how the park actually works, and it's distracting to me.  At the end of last episode, Delores stumbled into Williams camp and collapsed.  Start of this episode, she's in a lab talking to Bernard.  But, back in the camp, she's there to wake up in the morning.  Did they ferret her out in the middle of the night?  Or, are the scenes not sequential?  Probably the latter, but I find it distracting.

I tend to think the former.  That the company complex runs underneath the park and they have access points scattered throughout for quick travel.  I mean they're constantly cleaning up the hosts and getting them back in the game.  

And damn you all for turning me on to this.  I had planned to wait until the season was over and binge it, but now I'm waiting every week like the rest.

I'm thinking that Dolores goes to sleep at night and sometimes she "dreams." This is when Bernard talks to her. I'm wondering if these high functioning robots could actually survive outside the park, even if they gained self-awareness. It's all kind of tragic, really.

Archived