Am I The Only One Around Here Who V.2

siyxx

Possibly. I confess I hadn't thought of it.

Am I ... who for some reason doesn't quite believe in Yi Ti? Fake China doesn't seem to work very well, possibly simply because there aren't any YT characters (after all, one could call Westeros "fake mediaeval Europe"; but it doesn't feel fake!), perhaps also because the more interesting thibgs in Chinese culture get left out, as it's only very lightly sketched.

I have no idea. I never had a single thought about Yi-Ti. I always just accepted its existence as a fact. I don't know or care what's there, to be honest. 

@Jamie Roberts I know, it was an offensively bad scene. Welcome to the forum, btw! 

Am I the only one around here who thinks Emilia's (happy bday!) acting is usually more convincing when she speaks Valyrian or Dothraki instead of English? 

Maybe? I started reading the books because I loved the show and didn't want to wait a year for the story to continue. Now it's the other way around *trollface* 

am I the only one around here who  thinks season 5 and 6 (as well as books 4 and 5) were mostly boring? 

Definitely not alone on the former, half alone on the latter (as usually it's 4 OR 5, not 4 AND 5). :D

@Count Balerion I vaguely recall reading about some character or ship or something that was Yi Tish. So I don't think it's mythical within the world, even though it feels that way because it's so far removed. But from a time-setting standpoint that actually makes a great deal of sense. to most medieval Europeans, China would have seemed mythical. When you spend your entire life without going five miles from your home in any direction, it's hard to conceive of places so far away and so very different from what you know. So maybe this is something GRRM worked in very carefully, and you've spotted it! Go you!

AITOOAHW started reading the books because a relative watching the show (which you did not watch at the time) was asking for help figuring out the characters and plot? 

Probably not. I saw a lot of people getting exited about it. While I'm still participating in the speculation, I don't have very high hopes for the show anymore. 

Regarding AFFC and ADWD: I really loved ADWD and it's my second favourite book of the series (my favourite is ASOS.  I didn't find it boring at all. AFFC is my least favourite book of the series, but the main reason for that is that two of my favourite characters (Dany and Jon) have no POVs. I still think it's a really good books, but I don't find it as good as some of the other books in the series. However, I agree that a few chapters should have been cut. 

Regarding Daario: He isn't one of my favourite characters, but I've nothing against him.

Am I the only one around here who already disliked Tyrion before his ADWD arc? I find his chapters interesting, but I don't like the character very much. 

Not at all. AGOT Tyrion was boring, ACOK Tyrion was truly awesome, ASOS Tyrion was kinda tiring, and I disliked him from the moment he killed Tywin. I liked Tywin a lot, I know he is a 'villain' and I know it doesn't make any sense to like Tywin and like Elia and her kids at the same time, but I do. And I hated Tyrion for killing him. And then even his story became terrible in ADWD. 

Re s7: I don't really read the thread that follows s7 leaks and news. I mainly based that question on what I see on Instagram, and gaaaaawd, can we go back to that costume design question and have a rant? What happened to dresses? I even saw a comment saying it was a pity we couldn't guess the plot based on the photos. I mean... how difficult is it to guess the main plot based on a photo of Jon, Daenerys and Missandei? 

Am I the only one around here who wishes we could write a season and see if it's any better (received) than a season by whoever writes these things? 

I think there are a lot of people who wish we would write a season instead of Benioff and Weiss, period. :)

AITOOAH who hasn't seen the season 7 spoilers and isn't interested to see them? I don't mind if I come across them by accident, since I don't watch the show anymore, it's just not something that I have a lot of interest in.

I think there'd be a lot of people who haven't seen them, so you're not alone.

Re: the costuming, good lord it's bad, they've simply lost all imagination (or are beyond caring at this point.) Notice how everyone's dress looks almost the same in colour and type (Cersei's dress at the end of S6 looks very similar to Dany & Missandei in the spoilers/ Lyanna Mormont and Arya are wearing almost exactly the same thing etc.)

AITOOAH who likes the Tyrells, even though they're opportunistic and devious?

No, I really like the Tyrells, they are good characters. 

Re costumes: I know! It's horrible. Everybody is wearing woman-armor (that's like man-bun, but aesthetically a bigger crime). It completely diminishes the point of Brienne, who is supposed to be The female warrior not one of the dozen. What happened to dresses? As in beautiful, dreamy, princessy dresses ladies used to wear? Argh. ETA: 

Spoiler

What is THIS madness, for instance? Do we have westeros high school uniforms now? 

Am I the only one around here who doesn't want Tyrion to ride a dragon? 

I don't mind it, but would say Jon (and Stannis) have earned it more than T has.

I would love to rewrite the Northern storyline in the last two seasons. I couldn't do a much worse job of it, surely, than the show did. Even if it probably is harder than it looks, there are holes it would be easy to fix.

Am I ... who wishes the books had more maps? WOIAF, in particular, could use a lot more.

No you're not Cersei's look would be totally worth it. 

Am I the only one around here who got into the books through the show, but hates the show right now?

I watched Season1 and than read all the books before Season 2 I watched Season 2.I really loved the firs four seasons and GoT was my favourite TV show for four years (even though I didn't like some aspects of the show like all the unnecessary female nudity or certain book changes), but now I pretty much hate it. 

No, the show got me into the books too. I wouldn't say I hate it now, it's more like a sweet child growing into an unsufferable teen. I still love it but it's baaaad and I'm constantly mad at it. 

Am I the only one around here who doesn't like Cersei's portrayal on the show? 

Probably not. I saw a lot of people complaing about it on the Rand and Rave threads, even though I like it. However, I think with this opinion I'm on the minority on this board.

Am I the only one around here who currently finds most discussions in the General section of the  board uninteresting? We have things like the I- don't-know -how-manyiest who are your favourite characters? Who would sit on your small council? What are your favourite quotes, etc. Discussions about things that happen in the books and even been discussed to death and a lot of tinfoil theories, but I feel that there are seldom andy interesting threads. Despite my opinion of the show, I find that more interesting discussions are going on in the show section of the forum. 

Archived