Am I The Only One Around Here Who V.2

siyxx

Thanks, RhaenysB (: !

Raisin' Bran: That's a good question! I haven't quite gotten there in the books, but I've wondered fleetingly how he knew to go to the tree and learn his thousand-eyed treeman stuff, after seeing his show version.

Am I the only one who took this literally?

"... A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he’ll look you straight in the face.” He cupped her under the jaw, raising her chin, his fingers pinching her painfully. “And that’s more than little birds can do, isn’t it? I never got my song.”
“I... I know a song about Florian and Jonquil.”
“Florian and Jonquil? A fool and his ----. Spare me. But one day I’ll have a song from you, whether you will it or no.”
“I will sing it for you gladly.”

(Lizard Princess: What? But if he just wanted a song, why did he reject Florian and Jonquil...?)

I can honestly say I had not thought about that. Are we certain that the Rogare's sword would not have stayed in Volantis? Maybe there is a part of the world book I skipped because I found it too dry of a read for my tastes. But I am sure that there is something of value in Asshai. *Cue tinfoil speculation!*

AITOOAHW wonders if a human could wield an Other's ice sword?

I had no clue until this morning, but the admin. assistant brought cinnamon buns to the office as a consolation. Or that is at least why she said she brought them.

Am I the only one around here who will occasionally type "Am I theon ly one..."? I guess I need to read less about our favorite turncloak.

Probably not, but it seems to just be a different name for an alligator. I base this on the fact that there is a lizard lion on the arms of House Reed, and it looks like an alligator to me.

Miss Piggy would definitely be Cersei. Dany would have to be played by Janice.

AITOOAHW wishes they could attend a Westeros-based Renaissance Faire or theme park?

Not anymore. I'm immediately imagining Joffrey on Twitter, and it's a frightening thought indeed. (It's not even that hard to imagine!)

Am I the ... who thinks a tad too much time is spent wandering around the Riverlands and seeing how awful the war is? Although now that I think of it, I'd say the Riverlands bit of FFC may actually be more enjoyable than Riv. COK. Thaphireth!

No. I've definitely heard that complaint before...or rather read it before.

AITOOAHW is wondering whether Aegon and every Tyroshi in the story dye their eyebrows? I don't remember that being mentioned at all, but you'd think Aegon at least would have to because they'd be silvery and not dyeing them would totally give him away.

I know that the Tyroshi commonly dye their hair. Daario is mentioned to dye his facial hair as well, but no one seems to take note of the eyebrows. I would say about others wondering about the dye, maybe. As far as Aegon and other dying their eyebrows, probably not. Maybe GRRM just imagines that it is implied, but enough people in the real world choose to dye their hair and neglect the eyebrows, and at least for me, I do not even pay attention to it. My wife however, it bugs her to the point where I will have to listen to about 15 minutes of why it looks wrong, then I become bugged about it (this happened last Friday night).

About the lizard-lions: it seems weird that an alligator (cold-blooded animal) would live in the neck, which is well north of latitudes that will receive large snowfalls (we know it snows plenty in the Riverlands), and rivers freezing (Blackwater froze during Robert's Rebellion). If animals like Basilisks and manticores live in this world, then I am thinking that a lizard-lion does not have the same anatomy as our alligators or other large lizards.

Am I the only one around here who would not want to bathe with fish nibbling their toes like Dany does in Mereen?

I don't want to do that either.

Am I the only one around here who doesn't like the voice that Royce Doctrice uses for Varys? I started listening to the audiobook of AGOT a few weeks ago and I enjoy it so far, but I don't like the voice he uses for Varys. 

Probably not. Quentyn is definitely more interesting and entertaining than Tyrion on  a boat or Arianne and her Myrcella plot.

Am I the only one around here who didn't like the Arianne chapters because they are boring and stupid and Arianne is just a Dornish Cersei or any other reason?  

On 2/21/2017 at 4:40 AM, RhaenysB said:

Probably not. Quentyn is definitely more interesting and entertaining than Tyrion on  a boat or Arianne and her Myrcella plot.

Am I the only one around here who didn't like the Arianne chapters because they are boring and stupid and Arianne is just a Dornish Cersei or any other reason?  

I know you're not alone in disliking Arianne chapters, but I think this is the first time I've heard Arianne called a Dornish Cersei. I think there's more depth to Arianne than Cersei ever had. But she could definitely use some training in communication and conflict resolution. Pretty much the whole storyline wouldn't have happened if she had once asked her father about that letter. Ah well. Pride goeth before destruction and all that.

AITOOAHW...has let the thread languish on occasion because I can't think of a single thing to ask?

Oh no; I do that all the time. I probably come back more out of curiosity to see what's goingv on.

Am I ... who wonders whether there are other planets in Universos? I think Earthos has a moon, but don't definitely remember. But thing like the morning star, etc.? Not that it's a big screaming deal.

Archived