Am I The Only One Around Here Who V.2

siyxx

No you are not the only one. I would like to know that as well. 

@Lady Blizzardborn: I agree completely with you that Arianne isn't a Dornish Cersei. Though I think Cersei is complex enough as well. I think one fundamental difference between Arianne and Cersei is that Arianne cares about other people. She felt guilty about Arys Oakhart  and Myrcella. She desperately wanted to know what happened to her friends, etc.

Am I the only one around here who would like to eat Westerosi food? Thinking about buying a Feast of Ice and Fire. 

Though I hear that things like eel pies are delicious, and I equate them to the lamprey pies that are written about on occasion, I would be hesitant to eat a lot of the food that is mentioned in the books. But maybe its just because I am not feeling terribly hungry right now.

AITOOAH who feels like they are being lied to anytime a WoW completion date is mentioned?

Lol no, why do you think I haven't posted in a while.

Westeros like Ireland?! Westeros is larger than Europe. It's the size of South America, GRRM has said so. 

I don't think it's modelled just on European High Middle Ages. It's a mix of periods. There is no Parliament or a similar institution, for instance, there is no mention of guilds or a real middle class in cities, eyc.

AITOOAH who is reading or has read GRRM's non-ASOIAF novellas? I'm reading A Song for Lya in the Dreamsongs anthology, it's amazing.

You are probably not the only one. I've only read the ASOIAF universe ones so far, I did buy some of the others so far.

I didn't mean Ireland in size. I was actually referencing something I saw where someone flipped Ireland upside down and showed that it looked a lot like Westeros. Ireland doesn't have a huge amount of cities either, but still has more than Westeros does.

AITOOAHW has a backlog of crackpot theories on which to work?

No you're not. I 'd like to learn more about it as well. 

@Annara Snow I haven't read any of GRRM's other works but would like to do so in the future. I just have to re-read ASOIAF first ;) However, I know tthat there is a thread about GRRM's other works in the Literature part of this forum. 

Am I the only one around here who doesn't need Ckeganebowl to happen? I feel like everyone else is already super hyped about it. 

I don't know ... She was queen and belonged to one of the richest families ... I suppose what might make it difficult to swallow is her incompetence in FFC and the fact that neither Tywin nor Kevan seems to have thought much of her.

("Cleganebowl": can take or leave; not something I'm very big about.)

Am I ... who both looks forward to the upcoming seasons and suspects they won't be very good (in terms of plot and characterization and that)?

hmmm no, I am kinda looking forward but the wait is long and I know it's going to suck because GoT became pop culture and they have to please the masses. And they will cast away all sense for the "aww so badass" factor. And it's clear from set photos that the costume design will be a disaster too. But I'm still looking forward to it because there's always a thin chance they will surprise us with a couple quality moments and I badly want this story to end one way or the other, even if it's a crappy way. 

Am I the only one around here who feels like the cast and the writers are sick of the show? 

No, I also get that feeling from Benioff and Weis, though not necessarily from Cogman and Hill. Some of the actors like Dinklage also give me the feeling that they want to move on. 

Am I the only one around here who wonders what kind of books, movies or music the characters would like if they lived in our world?

I never thought about it but I'm loving the idea.   This would make a fun forum game on its own. I'm sure Sansa would watch KUWTK and Bran would watch anything supernatural and have a poster of Eleven in his bedchamber. 

Am I the only one around here who likes the "And then everybody died" ending more and more? 

Possibly; but probably not. I only like that idea when I feel evil and satirical. I wouldn't put it past GRRM to do something like that, and that goes trebly for D&D. One advantage (and this is really evil) is that then several theories turn out false! Part of me, though, still wants Dany to usher in a Golden Age. Not blooming likely!

Am I .... who thinks Peter Jackson's LOTR was worse than D&D's GOT? In terms of mangling themes to the point of flat-out contradicting them. 

WHAT?! YES! My god, Lotr was the best part of my teenage geekiness. I LOVE Lotr and Peter Jackson was a genius*and one day aragorn will get the bloody oscar. Lotr the book is unbearable. The translation was medieval torture and even the original version was a pain to get through too. Lotr the movies for life. 

*okay that's an overstatement, look at Hobbit. Or rather, don't. But Lotr was amazing. 

Am am I the only one around here who loves the Lotr movies and enjoys the Star Wars prequels and doesn't like Tyrion at all? 

Not quite. I love LotR. I have watched the movies a couple of times and always enjoy watching them again. I have only read the books once and I was 12 back then, so I can't judge how good the movies are as an adaptation. I don't like Tyrion. I find his chapters interesting, because somw interesting stuff usually happens in them. I also find his charactet interesting, but I don't like him. 

I hated Star Wars II the first time I watched it, but I'm not a fan of romance in general. Especially not cheesy romance. I found Star Wars I and III okay though not good when I first watched them, but my opinion of them has grown a lot worse over the years. I haven't watched them in quite a while. I really like the idea of the hero becoming a villain and I think the movies had some ideas that could have made them good if they had been written better. 

Am I the only one around here who is not gonna watch the teaser for season 7? I read what happens in it and it sounds like it's very similar to the teasers of other seasons. 

I don't know maybe. I'm currently thinking that I won't watch Seasons 7 & 8. Maybe I'll change my mind about that, but right now I have zero desire to watch them.

Am I the only one around here who really liked Show!Cersei before Episode 6.10? She was kinf of my favourite character on the show and I found her really interesting even though she wasn't Book!Cersei. 

• 2 weeks later...

She wasn't my favourite, but it seems they did try to make her more sympathetic. It's sort of weird because she acted less nutters than BookCersei (until last season), but did nuttier things (the arming of the Church Militant is better motivated in the books).

(Re Peter Jackson: Kind of OT; but while almost everything did look nice, as it does in GOT, I thought the distortions of characters and of the themes in Tolkien's books were far more distorted.)

I'm pretty sure I'm not; but anyway: am I ... who wishes there were only one more book in the series? Because when GRRM finally finishes WOW, we'll still have a whole other book to wait for. (Not that I'm sick of reading; after one more book he could move on to more D&E.)

Archived