Am I The Only One Around Here Who V.2

siyxx

I'm sure you're not. But I will be happy to wait for the last, figuring as he gets closer to the end a lot of it will come faster. He'll probably slow down again on the very last chapter for each POV and the epilogue, but I don't think it will be nearly as long a wait on the last book.

AITOOAH who is having chicken for dinner?

You're certainly not. Have you seen that video of the ridiculously large chicken walking around outside of a coop? That's what I had for dinner thanks to a few friends and a lack of concern for why a chicken could ever grow that large.

AITOOAH has a love/hate relationship with all the theories and speculation and pseudo knowledge of what's "going" to happen/what has already happened outside the novels?

Nah. I think we're all in that boat. We love the good ones, hate the bad ones...and also hate the good ones because as curious as we are we also kind of don't want spoilers.

AITTOAHW has been casting Jane Austen characters in the series? It's a bit weird, but I've decided Jane Bennett is totally Sansa...absolutely blindsided by the baddies of the world. Fanny Price is Jojen Reed, and Anne Elliott is Meera. Ser Walter Elliott is totally Mace Tyrell. General Tilney is Tywin Lannister. 

3 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Nah. I think we're all in that boat. We love the good ones, hate the bad ones...and also hate the good ones because as curious as we are we also kind of don't want spoilers.

AITTOAHW has been casting Jane Austen characters in the series? It's a bit weird, but I've decided Jane Bennett is totally Sansa...absolutely blindsided by the baddies of the world. Fanny Price is Jojen Reed, and Anne Elliott is Meera. Ser Walter Elliott is totally Mace Tyrell. General Tilney is Tywin Lannister. 

Aaah! Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, or Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters. It's all coming together now.

So... you guys don't remember that you need to ask a question?

OK then I'll go. Obviously you're not the only one who's doing it as the previous couple of posts have shown, though I personally have never done it.

But AITOOAH who's tried to match ASOAIF characters with characters from The Wizard of Oz?

Samwell Tarly is obviously the Cowardly Lion, and Sansa is definitely Scarecrow - people like Cersei and Joffrey called her stupid and she has come to believe them up to a point, but in fact she's one of the most intelligent characters in the series. Tin Man could be Sandor (since Tin Man is the most emotional character of all, who thinks he's not) - but I prefer Arya for it because she thinks she has no heart anymore, just a hole where it used to be - in those words. (Catelyn also used to think that, but if we're choosing just one character, Arya fits really well.) And then Dorothy should probably be Dany, because she's been driven by the desire to go home and find home, even if it's one she's never had (and she also has her memories of home as the House with the Red Door). Yes, other characters yearn for home, too, including Sansa and Arya, but I've already cast them as other characters. So then... would that make Drogon Toto? :D

The Wizard should probably be Varys, since he's called a "wizard" by Illyrio, and he's a master of smokescreens and deceptions (with no magical powers - sure, Melisandre can use smokescreens, too, but she also has real magical powers). I'll leave the witches to others, though, I've only read the first book, long time ago...

Nope, never thought about the Wizard of Oz and ASOIAF. Though I will support Toto as Drogon, he is black (or very dark grey) too.

I think the Wizard of Oz could be recast for all of the different plot locations (1 set for Dany, 1 set in KL, 1 set at the Wall/ North. 1 in the Riverlands?)

Am I the only one around here who would almost rather live in the world of ASOIAF than in their own life? Tons of things I would rather not deal with going on right now. But then my life would consist of either starving, being in mortal danger, or both. Hmmm......

I'd love to live in the world of ASOIAF! But maybe just for a limited time...a fortnight or so. And gods not as smallfolk. 

Am I the only member here from the Philippines?

On 4.4.2017 at 0:01 AM, Annara Snow said:

Samwell Tarly is obviously the Cowardly Lion, and Sansa is definitely Scarecrow - people like Cersei and Joffrey called her stupid and she has come to believe them up to a point, but in fact she's one of the most intelligent characters in the series. Tin Man could be Sandor (since Tin Man is the most emotional character of all, who thinks he's not) - but I prefer Arya for it because she thinks she has no heart anymore, just a hole where it used to be - in those words. (Catelyn also used to think that, but if we're choosing just one character, Arya fits really well.) And then Dorothy should probably be Dany, because she's been driven by the desire to go home and find home, even if it's one she's never had (and she also has her memories of home as the House with the Red Door). Yes, other characters yearn for home, too, including Sansa and Arya, but I've already cast them as other characters. So then... would that make Drogon Toto?

Love it!

I, personally, am not planning on naming my son Aegon, But I am 99% certain there are others on the forum who have done it.

Am I the only one around here who wonders which ASOIAF religions resemble our real world religions the most? The Faith of the Seven is the obvious answer to the Roman Catholic Church: with their teaching of multiple aspects forming one god, clergy often employed to educate young nobels, clergy taking vows of celibacy, Septon Utt (the pedophile) of the Bloody Mummers, etc. 

Nope. There are threads about that from time to time. The Drowned God is usually agreed to be a reference to Cthulu, and GRRM himself said Zoroastrianism was an inspiration for R'hllorism. The Church of Starry Wisdom is apparently a reference/homage to Lovecraft, from what I've been told.

AITOOAHW would actually watch a series of musicals based on the books? At least, I'd watch the first to see if I liked it.

I doubt you're alone in that. Although I'd rather see Stannis and Mance. I think they're the two most interesting kings in the WOT5K (Although Mance is not counted as one of the kings!) and I would love to see a dialogue between them with a discussion on kingship and leadership and justice, etc. 

Now that I think about it the only Great Lords of their generation who met on-screen are Mace and Tywin; Renly and Ned; Renly and Stannis... or were there others?

AITOOAHW would really want see an animated series of ASOIAF than a musical? (Sorry, when I read "musical" I see images of the High School Musical characters)

They likely would not have released it if no one liked it. I personally have not heard it so no opinion formed yet.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 3:12 PM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

AITOOAHW doesn't drink?

I don't consume alcohol.

Am I the only one around here who has not seen Star Wars: Rogue One yet?

Archived