Am I The Only One Around Here Who V.2

siyxx

Not sure about that. I know there are people who stay out of the General section just to avoid the arguments, but I'm not sure how many are bored with that section. 

I liked Cersei's portrayal at first but I don't like where they've taken her as the divergence from the books becomes ever more pronounced.

AITOOAHW actually likes the second Daario actor better than the first?

No you're not. I also found the second actor better.

Re General: Yes, avoiding arguments is my othe reason for staying out of that section. I've seen too many threads that have turned into ugly fights with one poster implying that his or her view was obviously the only right one  and that people who did not agree with him were stupid. I don't need these kinds of discussions. 

Am I the only one around here who never noticed that Aiden Gillen changed accents on the show before others started pointing it out? Maybe it's because English isn't my mother tongue, but I never noticed it. 

There might be many who didn't notice it, so you're not alone.

Re General: The quality of the threads might be that way because there's been no new book content in a really long time to discuss, almost everything's been picked to death. I still like it there though because I don't like to discuss the show.

AITOOAH who wonders if GRRM intended the "Others will destroy Westeros while the humans are too busy squabbling" plotline as a allegory for global warming/climate change?

I think I've vaguely wondered something like that, too. Or something like the Ice Age? "Nuclear winter" also comes to mind, although people don't talk about that anymore, it seems.

Am I ... who finds the case for the Blackfyres thoroughly unconvincing? Ser Eustace's explanation doesn't make sense. The rather scummy king gave the chap a sword, and he looks really macho; ergo, he's the rightful king?

I am certain you are not alone, I agree for one. Only thing I can think of is that certain nobles saw a way to enhance their standing and continually hopped on the bandwagon until they attained a following large enough to be a threat.

Am I the only one around here who thinks Widow's Wail was a stupid name to use on a sword, let alone one made of VS?

Nope. But considering they let a 13 year old name the sword, we're lucky it's not worse. I'm kind of hoping they'll turn it around with Daenerys maybe wielding it so that it becomes more of a Widow's War Cry. Of course someone would need to teach her how to use a sword, which brings me to...

AITOOAHW thinks Dany should have been given at least some self-defense lessons back when her dragons were too young to ride?

No? Personally, while I think self-defense lessons would have been good just in case, I doubt she would have been much use with a sword since she's a petite girl who is not described as particularly strong or fast or with deft hands.

Am I the only one around here who liked Daeron Targaryen (the drunk one) from the Dunk&Egg tales ?

Dunno. I read it so I can only account for myself.

Am i the only one around here who still posts a bit in the general section? The threads are repetitive at times, but I sometimes find myself going back to make what seems to be the same argument that I made about a year ago.

Oh dear, whom to respond to? General section: I think there are at least one or two others. I haven't posted there in quite some time; occupied otherwise. If I did, I'd be tempted to make my posts mostly jokes and people would think I was a troll. Seven Kingdoms: Yes, with the weird seasons they should be significantly different. I don't know if I've thought about it much, but I agree. I guess the magic kept most of the life-forms vaguely European?

I like the Dunk stories, would like it if he did meet Tanselle again, and also like that Daeron chap. I note that, despite not thinking much of Daeron as a knight (neither does Daeron), Egg seems fond-ish of him and cites his advice on women at one point.

Am I ... who wonders if there are other planets in Universe-os? With my luck, there's a blindingly obvious reference to the morning star. Actually, I think there's a weapon called a morningstar.

I'd say you're not. Can't verify it though. There is a weapon called a morningstar, as it happens. At the moment I'm more interested to know if Amaericos lies to the west of the Sunset Sea.

AITOOAHW wonders if dreamwine would be helpful for those nights when you can't quite fall asleep, and if so, why don't we have dreamwine in the real world?

You're probably not the only one, but there're not many people who'd think of it. It's not known to me but I think we must have some kind of an equivalent of dreamwine.

AITOOAHW wonders what happened with Rohanne Webber shortly before and of course after she disappeared? Where did she go? Why? I noticed this piece of information today and I swear I will know no rest :wideeyed:

Probably not. I got it for Xmas or my birthday one bright day.

I'm guessing not; but am I ... who would quite happily read all 12 Dunk and Egg stories if they came out, and would even feel *partly* compensated for not getting the proper (i.e., book) conclusion to ASOIAF. (Like maybe one-fifth compensated.Actually, in some ways I think D&E are better; less fat.)

No, I can't wait to read the new Dunk and Egg stories and find out about what happened with Rohanne, and the Tarth connection, and the Stark history, and what happened at Summerhall, and all sorts of things. I love Dunk & Egg.

(I don't care if Dunk never meets Tanselle again though, it was just a crush and he barely knew her.)

AITOOAH who wishes GRRM wrote a few more likable or cool Brackens? The whole Blackwood/Bracken thing is way unbalanced at the moment.

I think you hit on a point I was asking about earlier if the Brackens would seem at least a little cooler if they were not in a feud with the Blackwoods, but rather some other house. But if they were not in a feud with one of the more popular houses, they would probably be thought of in the same way as the Pipers. But I guess there have to be some cool characters and some not so cool. And you cannot distribute them or it would not be all that believable.

Am I...the only one that downloads free pdf's of these books? Got AWOIAF earlier this year and the five books of ASOIAF ~April/May 2015.

*blinks* I didn't even know that was possible. Every time I need something searched (and have forgotten about A Search of Ice and Fire) I call my sister who has the eBooks and have her do my research for me. Probably others have downloaded the PDFs though.

AITOOAHW has thought of the Stark kids in terms of which Spice Girl equivalent they are?

.... I would guess that you probably are, but I don't discount the possibility that others might have. Considering the possibilities that that the human mind cane drudge up, anything is possible. That said, I can confidently say that you can count on the fact that you are definitly not alone in thinking that anymore. As one should expect, asking someone if they ever thought about a subject (or to not think of said subject) is a good way of making sure that the person thinks of it.

Am I the only one around here that wanted to try those Inn At the Crossroads recipes?

Archived