Football: Sheikh your Money Maker

Nas!

Tough game for Liverpool this weekend at home to WBA who almost beat Spurs last week.  All joking aside, they will be very similar to United and we need to do better.  Burnley and United were the most defensive/negative teams we faced at home and we got a loss and a draw.  (We beat Chelsea and Leicester away, and you can't call what Hull did "defending").

Sounds like Lallana and Wijnaldum are back, so hopefully we revert to our first choice 4-3-3.  I have a feeling we could see Milner scoring another penalty in this one.

I just got to glance at the scores. Big shocks for Arsenal, Everton and Spurs, although I can't be too surprised that Spurs are lacking goals atm.  How long can you rely on Son scoring far above his typical average?

I'm surprised too that Palace lost to Leicester.  I thought the CL hangover would apply here, with players rested and laurels rested on. 

I hope Liverpool can beat WBA to make up ground on Arsenal and Spurs but won't be easy. 

West Ham win probably the worst Premier League game I've seen. With Lanzini and Antonio off form today they offered nothing but Reid somehow scored in the 94th. Doesn't help how easily the fans get on the players' backs. 

First 12 minutes or so i was thinking to myself ,'oh great...an even worse park-the-bus team than Mourinho's' :P:rolleyes: but credit to the players.We scored 2 beautiful goals,dominated and kept a clean sheet.

Second half, i'm hoping we score a couple more goals and end with a clean sheet.That would be truly fantastic.B)

Good win against the thuggish Pulis hulks.  We should have taken at least one of our chances in the second half, but nice to see the defense hold after conceding.  It was yet another second ball at a corner that cost us. 

As much as I would pity WBA fans for watching that grim 6-3-1 every week, they just about managed to block and save enough shots to stay in the game, and their defensive organization is very good.  That's our first win against Pulis in nine games.  

I wonder if Pulis called the Utd board to say he could do the exact same job for a fraction of the salary.  Ibra, Fellaini, Pogba, Rooney, Smalling and Bailly all look like Pulis players.  

Just can't see Sturridge displacing any of our starting attackers barring an injury. He doesn't offer the workrate/pressing that's needed. Could see the argument that he should have gotten 20-30 minutes today though.

What a difference maker Lallana has become under Klopp. 

Sturridge is a great finisher but we don't create the chances in the first place with him on the field, unfortunately.  His league starts were against Burnley, Chelsea, Leicester, Utd and he came on after only 22 minutes against Swansea.  Other than Leicester, those are the games with our fewest clear chances. 

He really needs to learn a more complete game.  Until he does, he won't be first choice anymore.   Rush, Suarez and Keegan harried like Firmino, this isn't new. 

Archived