Football: Sheikh your Money Maker

Nas!

City were nothing short of sensational in the 2nd half carving Barca open time and again. Aside from that one big chance for Gomes, Barca didn't have a sniff. City played further up the pitch, their high press was very effective and they showed a willingness to go long from time to time which was very un-Guardiola-like. It finished 3-1 but City could have scored a couple more.

Well done City.  Brendan Rodgers can take credit for that because it was the draw with Celtic that set up the must-win motivation.  Plus his proclaimed rapprochement with Sterling is obviously what allowed him to rediscover his form this season.

I'm looking forward to Arsenal vs. Spurs this weekend, although I'm not sure if I'll actually watch.  Spurs' constant fouling and defensive swarm with no creativity makes them a bit tough to watch lately.

25 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Well done City.  Brendan Rodgers can take credit for that because it was the draw with Celtic that set up the must-win motivation.  Plus his proclaimed rapprochement with Sterling is obviously what allowed him to rediscover his form this season.

I'm looking forward to Arsenal vs. Spurs this weekend, although I'm not sure if I'll actually watch.  Spurs' constant fouling and defensive swarm with no creativity makes them a bit tough to watch lately.

Arsenal's attack vs Spurs defence. Quite a match even with last three draws for Tottenham, they're able to put in performance of high quality such as with Man Cty. High pressing,recovring ball immediately like Liverpool "gegen pressng". In that mould. Betting on Arsenal and Sanchez with Özil to win it for Arsenal at Emirates.

Some absolute belters last night. Hamsik, that PSG goal, the Basel goal and Ozil's little ballet. Also, Griezmann is very good at scoring football goals. 

Also good to get confirmation that Pep is a fraud by his win in an inferior competition against a smaller team. 

55 minutes ago, Horse of Kent said:

Aubameyang dropped from BVB's squad for the Sporting CP game and suspended for internal reasons. Interesting.

Probably the best chance PL sides will have of trying to sign him.

I would love to see him at Liverpool.  Just stating the obvious.

Spurs trailing at home, and looking very short of goals lately, and Dembele off injured.  That's a tough night for them.  Perhaps they can still turn it around.  They're very eager for Kane's return but haven't sorted out their decline in creativity.  With Wanyama, Dier, Sissoko and Dembele in the starting line-up, it feels a bit tilted to destruction.

Spurs in trouble after this result. They will probably need to win their last two games to go through - not an easy task when the team has been struggling to create and score. It's been downhill since the City result. Leverkusen look like a good outfit and outplayed Spurs. Surprise result is Real being held by Legia Warsaw and Leicester remain unbeaten and are yet to concede a goal.

Such a shame Legia couldn't hold on at the end. It would have been such an amazing comeback from two goals down. There were some exceptional strikes in that game - Real's first two and Legia's first and last particularly.

On 11/2/2016 at 1:14 AM, Lord Friendzone said:

High pressing,recovring ball immediately like Liverpool 

Arsenal struggle against teams that effectively press them high up the pitch. We'll struggle if our passing is not on point. 

9 hours ago, Raja said:

Arsenal struggle against teams that effectively press them high up the pitch. We'll struggle if our passing is not on point. 

Agreed. It's not just accurate passing but it's speed of passing. Really hope we don't use the team from Tuesday.

13 hours ago, Raja said:

TBF most teams not named Barcelona struggle when their pressed high up the pitch. Well, even teams named Barcelona will make mistakes if the pressure is too high.

Archived