US Elections - furniture shopping with disaster

all swedes are racist

Debate tomorrow is going to be an utter shitshow. So far its been reported that Trump's guests will include Obama's kinda-crazy half-brother and Pat Smith, the mother of one of the Americans killed in Benghazi. Also some other "surprise guests" that haven't been revealed yet.

On the one hand, I don't want Clinton sinking to Trump's level, on the other hand, it'd be hilarious if she invited Alec Baldwin, on the condition that he dresses in his Trump outfit.

And not just that, but I'd argue that outside of Real Estate Development, he's been a pretty horrible businessman. Just a string of failed business ventures left in this guys wake. 

Inside of a Trump Real Estate Development its too dark to read.  Mainly because he can't pay the electric bill.

15 minutes ago, Fez said:

Debate tomorrow is going to be an utter shitshow. So far its been reported that Trump's guests will include Obama's kinda-crazy half-brother and Pat Smith, the mother of one of the Americans killed in Benghazi. Also some other "surprise guests" that haven't been revealed yet.

On the one hand, I don't want Clinton sinking to Trump's level, on the other hand, it'd be hilarious if she invited Alec Baldwin, on the condition that he dresses in his Trump outfit.

Haha he can bring who ever he wants, it's not going to change anything. He's going to fuck up again. He's gonna sniff and lie and whine his way though the debate. 

18 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Conservatism Never Fails

How the Republican Party will try to explain away Donald Trump’s disastrous campaign.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/interrogation/2016/10/rick_perlstein_on_how_the_republican_party_will_recover_from_trump.html

Thanks, that was a great read.  Loved the explanation of paranoia of the demagogue post WWII amongst US leaders spiralling into more demagoguery.  Very pynchonian.

I think the mindset of a Trump supporter can be boiled down to this:

Trump voter: "I support Trump because he says what he means". Trump voter after his latest gaffe: "He really didn't meant that". These are the 71%. JP

The quote is the top comment on this article: Is Donald Trump Turning Texas Purple?

What would be more likely to incite civil unrest among the...what's a good catchy name of the people who believe the election is already rigged, something like birther, or 9/11 truther?... a landslide (suggesting a massive nation-wide all encompassing Rothschildian conspiracy) or a narrow victory (suggesting a conspiracy that rigs just one or two battleground state results)?

It seems like to minimise unrest from the rigged conspiracy quarter Hillary would need to win by a not too big and not too small but just right amount of EC electors. And of course she must win the national popular vote, otherwise the risk of unrest is the same no matter how big or small the EC win for Hillary.

Also, calling the election pre-rigged is to allow Trump to continue with his I'm a winner strategy, since the only way he could possible lose is by someone cheating. Right?

2 hours ago, Fez said:

Debate tomorrow is going to be an utter shitshow. 

Indeed. Drinking game suggestions?

2 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I hope she moves on him like a bitch. Not sure what that means, but it sounds cool.

Me neither. Ever. What did he mean by that?

2 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

God, I miss popping Vikes and Bites.

Also, what are these things? I consider myself versed in this stuff, yet have no idea what you are talking about.

1 hour ago, The Anti-Targ said:

What would be more likely to incite civil unrest among the...what's a good catchy name of the people who believe the election is already rigged, something like birther, or 9/11 truther?... a landslide (suggesting a massive nation-wide all encompassing Rothschildian conspiracy) or a narrow victory (suggesting a conspiracy that rigs just one or two battleground state results)?

It seems like to minimise unrest from the rigged conspiracy quarter Hillary would need to win by a not too big and not too small but just right amount of EC electors. And of course she must win the national popular vote, otherwise the risk of unrest is the same no matter how big or small the EC win for Hillary.

Also, calling the election pre-rigged is to allow Trump to continue with his I'm a winner strategy, since the only way he could possible lose is by someone cheating. Right?

One-Six is Fixed?

2 hours ago, Maester Drew said:

I think the mindset of a Trump supporter can be boiled down to this:

The quote is the top comment on this article: Is Donald Trump Turning Texas Purple?

Fivethirtyeight pointed out that Republicans have traditionally done pretty well with Latinos in Texas. Greg Abbott won 38% of the Latino vote for his governorship, and I think W. might have done even better. They haven't been winning the Hispanic vote, but they haven't been getting killed either. That could easily change with Trump.

My experience, in my five or six years in Houston, is that second and third generation Mexicans are pretty well assimilated. They love guns, pickup trucks, cowboy boots, and fajitas, just like white Texans. Non-Mexican Hispanics are much smaller in number, but tend to be petroleum engineers and the like, and thus even more inclined to vote Republican.

I imagine the blatant racism might change a lot of minds. Though there still is the "I'm here legally, he's not talking about me," or "he's just racist against Mexicans, not Colombians/Venezuelans/Argentineans/Chileans" type of rationalizations.

Archived