US Elections - furniture shopping with disaster

all swedes are racist

12 minutes ago, Tempra said:

Strawman much?

A very large percentage of liberals believe the 2nd amendment does not protect an individual right to bear arms because of the "well regulated militia" language in the prefatory clause.

Let me clarify. Did she recognise the constitutional right in the manner the gun lobby claims, or just a general right? I happen to agree that the well regulated militia language does not protect individual rights. But I recognise a general right for people to be able to own guns subject to suitable regulatory controls. 

Unable to watch, but I like what I'm hearing. Trump allowing it to be issue-centric's a mistake, and it's great that Clinton's playing to win rather than playing not to lose.

ecit; oh, and aside from hunting, I absolutely want to take away your guns. I think the 'middle ground' on this issue in the US is insane.

Just now, Tempra said:

Hillary, you can't complain about people holding you accountable for your husband's failures when you take credit for his successes as President.

But are people trying to hold her accountable for her husband's failures as President or as a human being who have done disgusting things? 

1 minute ago, Tempra said:

Hillary, you can't complain about people holding you accountable for your husband's failures when you take credit for his successes as President.

Didn't see it, but depends what you mean. She could well have been part of a policy while not being accountable for Bill's personal failings. 

6 minutes ago, Tempra said:

She absolutely can when his successes as a president conform to the cliche that "behind every great man, there is a great woman", and the failings I think you are referring to are strictly moral and personal and nothing to do with governing.

You could probably also credit her with limiting the extent of his moral failings, because without somewhat of a moral anchor on his proclivities he might have ended up in a Hugh Grant situation.

Archived