US Elections - furniture shopping with disaster

all swedes are racist

1 minute ago, Inigima said:

I think Hillary is crushing it.

I think also Chris Wallace is doing a pretty good job?

Chris Wallace is doing his job well. Partly, I suspect, since Trump has decided to behave.

Also: can someone hit Trump with content on this rigging thing? Put aside this "denigrating democracy" bs. The GOP controls most of the states. Are they rigging the election? How many cases of voter fraud are there?

Yeah, Clinton faltered on the Clinton Foundation aspect. But it was always her least savory aspect IMO, how she's already friends with Wall Street and some less recommendable foreign powers.

It might hit home with undecided voters, however. So point to Trump for this.

Just now, Castel said:

Chris Wallace is doing his job well. Partly, I suspect, since Trump has decided to behave.

Trump is trying to behave but Wallace has been asking more substantive questions. Some of them are gotchas, but I think he's being reasonably even-handed with both. I do think (and it hurts to admit this) he's been the best moderator so far.

Sounds like Trump isn't making an arse of himself. Which will end up with a lot of people (and maybe a lot of polls) saying he won the debate or it was a draw. Don't know if this debate will matter at all come polling day without a real knock out punch being delivered.

Still if Trump can point to actual data, rather than his own imagination and supporters' opinions, that he won the debate then at least that's a positive narrative for him in these final couple of weeks.

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Oh Jesus. Yes, let's get back into Iraq. Capital fucking idea. Can't believe she's even talking about this.

Spent an entire minute sticking Iraq to Trump instead of really getting into the topic. 

But I don't think she talked about going back in.

3 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Sure as hell sounded like it. Talking about taking Mosul and then from there going into Syria. :angry:

Yeah, she said she wouldn't put boots on the ground just before that.  

5 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Sure as hell sounded like it. Talking about taking Mosul and then from there going into Syria. :angry:

I mean...we know she's going to invade somewhere, so it's not so much that she's willing, but that she's already willing to talk about going into fucking Iraq st this point IMO means she's really thinking macro and likely wants systemic involvement. Nothing's off the table. Fucking hell, may you live in interesting times.

edit: ok, thanks for the clarifications everyone...am relieved.

Archived