US Elections - furniture shopping with disaster

all swedes are racist

1 minute ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I think he said it twice.  And it was on such a benign topic (benign for Trump).  I mean, she was only pointing out that his taxes would be higher for social security if he started paying taxes and he went into "she's a nasty woman" thing.  He just can't help himself.  

I heard it just the once. When Hillary was talking (again) about being there when they got Bin Laden while he was doing The Apprentice.

Solid debate from both candidates, to be quite honest. Trump was fairly calm and collected, and attacked well. Clinton stood her ground in most cases and attacked back. Most importantly, they actually discussed issues this time around. You know things are bad in general when this is highlighted as a positive.

And yes, Trump's refusal to accept the results of the election, with no evidence of fraud whatsoever, would alone be enough for me to never vote for him. Whatever other ideas he espoused.

Best debate of the three, most substantive.

Clinton: Crushed it. Great performance. Forceful defense of Roe, and I am so glad she didn't run from it. Knowledgeable and prepared.

Trump: Best of the three debates for him, still terrible. Nearly nonstop lying. Bizarre interruptions and insults.

Moderator: Did a surprisingly good job. Definitely threw some pointed questions, but he did it to both candidates. Helped by Trump keeping it in his pants at least for a little while.

So, all in all this debate is unlikely to have achieved anything electorally for either candidate other than confirming in the firm supporters for each in their own minds the rightness of their support.

Undecideds should largely remain undecided. What I don't know is whether the truly undecided bloc is big enough to deliver an outcome the reverse of what polls are suggesting.

6 minutes ago, Inigima said:

Best debate of the three, most substantive.

Clinton: Crushed it. Great performance. Forceful defense of Roe, and I am so glad she didn't run from it. Knowledgeable and prepared.

Trump: Best of the three debates for him, still terrible. Nearly nonstop lying. Bizarre interruptions and insults.

Moderator: Did a surprisingly good job. Definitely threw some pointed questions, but he did it to both candidates. Helped by Trump keeping it in his pants at least for a little while.

Have to agree, best performance for both candidates by far. Who would have thunk the Fox debate was the one that would be moderated most fairly. 

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

Oh shit, "crocodile tears" as she nails him on economic hypocrisy.

My favorite moment of the entire night, came right as I was ingesting another spoonful of my special cereal. Truly sublime.

50 minutes ago, Inigima said:

I think Hillary is crushing it.

I think also Chris Wallace is doing a pretty good job?

Agreed on both.

48 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Omg.  "I should have won that (the Emmy)."

Like, this man seriously can't let his ego go.  

I thought his inability to crow about how he dodges taxes should sink him with his anti-establishment base if they actually gave a shit.

45 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Sweet Jesus! He's going back to the "element of surprise" critique of military strategy!

George Patton would have ground the ME into yet more sand under his 80000 tanks, the dust trail would be seen coming from across Asia. And McArthur was dismissed from command for LITERALLY SAYING HE WANTED TO INVADE SOMEWHERE!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Have to agree, best performance for both candidates by far. Who would have thunk the Fox debate was the one that would be moderated most fairly. 

If that's true, that's really going to play into Trump's narrative.

Okay, I've tuned in to Fox News to see what they're saying. Megyn Kelly was sticking knives into the Trump flack over Trump's denial of the sexual assault allegations.

Jesus God, Eric Trump is on now, the junior officer that the frauleins avoid at the SS cotillion.

Doesn't matter how the rest of the debate went, all that will be discussed or remembered in the coming days is Trump's refusal to pledge to support the election results.

And that statement will be a rock around his neck that sinks him another few points in the polls.

That was a good debate. Gave us the best sound bite of the campaign : "I disagree with Ronald Reagan "

Anyone have the over/under eta on the Clinton campaign putting out a high minded Reagan centric ad using famous quotes like shining city on a hill, tear down that WALL and something moral all counterpointed with a repetition of Trump saying "I disagree with Ronald Reagan "

Just now, lokisnow said:

That was a good debate. Gave us the best sound bite of the campaign : "I disagree with Ronald Reagan "

Anyone have the over/under eta on the Clinton campaign putting out a high minded Reagan centric ad using famous quotes like shining city on a hill, tear down that WALL and something moral all counterpointed with a repetition of Trump saying "I disagree with Ronald Reagan "

I think they can win without trying to appropriate the ghost of another great fraud.

Just now, DanteGabriel said:

I think they can win without trying to appropriate the ghost of another great fraud.

Winning is easy. We need to be swinging for the fences now, baby. Four years from now the Republicans get the advantage of not nominating Donald Trump and will stonewall the next few SC nominations should they happen after midterms, go deep or go back to the 60s. 

One thing I appreciated Trump bringing up is the deportation record of the Obama administration.  It's something we progressives ignore too easily.  I'm not sure what Trump's supporters will think of it.  I can imagine some deplorables sitting at home scratching their head in awe at the idea that Obama deports the 'illegals aliens'.  They must be so confused.  Or maybe they think it's Trump saying what he means but not really meaning it sorta like lying but not because Trump and he makes the best deals or something tremendous like that.  

11 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

One thing I appreciated Trump bringing up is the deportation record of the Obama administration.  It's something we progressives ignore too easily.  I'm not sure what Trump's supporters will think of it.  I can imagine some deplorables sitting at home scratching their head in awe at the idea that Obama deports the 'illegals aliens'.  They must be so confused.  Or maybe they think it's Trump saying what he means but not really meaning it sorta like lying but not because Trump and he makes the best deals or something tremendous like that.  

Yeah, I'm not sure how much that attack angle will help him. I mean, on the one hand, they look deporting immigrants, so if they hear that Obama is doing it, and they think that Hillary is going to be largely the same as Obama (which is so awful to them), how do they react at hearing that Obama is actually not so different (I mean, they're totally different, I'm extremely simplifying this to make a brief point) than Trump in an issue that's very integral to their political preference? On the other hand, they could read into Trump's statement as "well, maybe he doesn't care about blocking immigration as much as we thought he did, since he's using it as a line of attack against Obama." I dunno, just seemed a weird way to go, although I guess his base will just latch on to any "Hillary bad dur har" sentiment that comes leaking out of his mouth regardless.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Do you know what specifically this is in reference to, or is it just a general comment on how Hillary is attacked for the policies Bill supported.

Assuming it's a general statement, I disagree with it. If Hillary had never appealed to the authority of her husband in her campaign, I would say this is a legit sentiment. However, she does use his record to support her resume, she even did it tonight. So while I do hate this line of attack for the reasons articulated in the tweet, she opened that door herself.

13 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

Do you know what specifically this is in reference to, or is it just a general comment on how Hillary is attacked for the policies Bill supported.

I can't remember what is was she said, but it prompted Trump to say "your husband doesn't agree" or something to that effect. Damn, I can't remember what it was she said that elicited that response from him.

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I can't remember what is was she said, but it prompted Trump to say "your husband doesn't agree" or something to that effect. Damn, I can't remember what it was she said that elicited that response from him.

He said "your husband doesn't agree" when Hillary was talking about Obamacare; I believe specifically when she said that it replenished Medicare and Medicaid solvency for another ten years or something. 

Archived