NFL 2016 Week 7: Nobody's Burfict

Manhole Eunuchsbane

I was watching Cubs game.  It was top of the 4th... decided to watch Steve Young: A Football Life.

An hour later it's top of the 6th!!! :stunned: 

This is why I can't watch baseball!

9 hours ago, Rhom said:

I was watching Cubs game.  It was top of the 4th... decided to watch Steve Young: A Football Life.

Nothing is as bad as my favorite sport, college football. There are so many commercials that I'll regularly be watching 3 games at the same time and all 3 of them are on commercial break at the same time.

15 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Kerrigan was the most disruptive, but he only got 2 of the 5 sacks on Sunday.  There was a lot more going wrong than just the right tackle.

O-Lines typically follow the "chain is as strong as it's weakest link" rule. The downgrade from a pro-bowl caliber player to a 7th round rookie is immense. Letting a sack happen on the first play forces adjustments from the rest of the line, making them all just a little worse individually.

Doug Pederson deserves the blame here. He could have had Howie Roseman go shopping for a another O-Lineman when news broke about Johnson, but at that time, I think we all were expecting a 5-11 rebuilding year. When Wentz looked like a seasoned QB after 3 games, the possibility of 2016 viability existed. The the rookie RT killed that. I'm back to being resigned to a lost year in 2016. Get an upgrade on the line, get another receiving threat, and maybe even get rid of Jim Schwartz and his 9 wide gimmick.

9 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

How was Steve Young:A Football Life?

I can't decide if he'd be really interesting or boring as fuck. I used to think he was destined to get involved in politics, but he seems to enjoy going off on confrontational rants too much. 

It wasn't bad.  The central theme revolves around a book about his life that was written.  He originally hired the author to put it together as a recollection on his playing days for his kids.  His oldest was born a year after he retired. 

The biggest takeaway was how much he hated being a backup first at BYU to McMahon, in Tampa to Steve DeBerg, to Joe, and his famous benching for Grbac and his subsequent meltdown against the Eagles.  Also talked about how he was always a bit different as a single guy in the league and while they didn't specifically mention it as a reason it was clear his Mormon faith set him apart.  Funniest line was when he talked about being in Tampa and not knowing anyone, so he would drive around alone at night at eat dinner by himself at Wendy's. :lol: 

He was also pretty open about the competition with Joe and his frustrations.

All in all, I enjoyed it.

29 minutes ago, Rhom said:

It wasn't bad.  The central theme revolves around a book about his life that was written.  He originally hired the author to put it together as a recollection on his playing days for his kids.  His oldest was born a year after he retired. 

The biggest takeaway was how much he hated being a backup first at BYU to McMahon, in Tampa to Steve DeBerg, to Joe, and his famous benching for Grbac and his subsequent meltdown against the Eagles.  Also talked about how he was always a bit different as a single guy in the league and while they didn't specifically mention it as a reason it was clear his Mormon faith set him apart.  Funniest line was when he talked about being in Tampa and not knowing anyone, so he would drive around alone at night at eat dinner by himself at Wendy's. :lol: 

He was also pretty open about the competition with Joe and his frustrations.

All in all, I enjoyed it.

Cheers, I'll check it out. He's a very bright guy, I've always thought.

4 hours ago, sperry said:

Nothing is as bad as my favorite sport, college football. There are so many commercials that I'll regularly be watching 3 games at the same time and all 3 of the5m are on commercial break at the same time.

5 frickin' hours for Tennessee vs A&M, and Overtime was actually pretty quick.

17 hours ago, Rhom said:

Even as a Nats fan and an NLDS against the Dodgers that couldn't have been more drama filled, I found it tedious to watch. Every game in the series was 4+ hours. The 7th inning in Game 5 took literally an hour and the Nats went through 6 different RPs. 

The biggest thing I can't stand about NFL pacing is Commercial Break -> Kickoff touchback -> Commercial Break. It's just an offensive money grab. 

So tonight is Packers v Bears.  I just want to warn everyone that I'm starting 3 WR's tonight (Montgomery, Meredith, Jeffrey).  As such, do not expect big production from them. 

47 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

The biggest thing I can't stand about NFL pacing is Commercial Break -> Kickoff touchback -> Commercial Break. It's just an offensive money grab. 

I would rather them take a twice as long a commercial break than have the 2 commercials sandwiching a kickoff.  

1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

Even as a Nats fan and an NLDS against the Dodgers that couldn't have been more drama filled, I found it tedious to watch. Every game in the series was 4+ hours. The 7th inning in Game 5 took literally an hour and the Nats went through 6 different RPs. 

I made a rant in the off-season that they keep fucking with the kickoff instead of eliminating it because of the free commercial. They don't give a fuck about safety. 

And why can't you get PM's? I'm trying to talk business with you.

12 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

With Lacy on IR I expect Montgomery to be a fantasy star. At least he better be considering I grabbed him in every league I'm in.

Also, hey @Manhole Eunuchsbane, this week, we're frenemies!!!!

We playing in Outlaw or B? I'm getting crushed in Outlaw. It's more than a little embarrassing. 

15 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

With Lacy on IR I expect Montgomery to be a fantasy star. At least he better be considering I grabbed him in every league I'm in.

Also, hey @Manhole Eunuchsbane, this week, we're frenemies!!!!

I think the rusher is Jackson, but I doubt they're going to run as much as usual (which would actually be difficult to do).  Montgomery as a receiver out of the backfield, and filling in for a likely missing Adams is what I think gives him value this week.  If a rusher develops in that backfield, I think it has to be Davis, but that sure as hell won't be 3 days after being traded.  He has to get close to knowing a chunk of the playbook. 

7 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

I think the rusher is Jackson, but I doubt they're going to run as much as usual (which would actually be difficult to do).  Montgomery as a receiver out of the backfield, and filling in for a likely missing Adams is what I think gives him value this week.  If a rusher develops in that backfield, I think it has to be Davis, but that sure as hell won't be 3 days after being traded.  He has to get close to knowing a chunk of the playbook. 

Trent Richardson once scored a touchdown vs the heyday 49ers 2 days after being traded to the Colts. 

And nobody ever saw him get past the line of scrimmage again...

9 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Trent Richardson once scored a touchdown vs the heyday 49ers 2 days after being traded to the Colts. 

And nobody ever saw him get past the line of scrimmage again...

Longing for the days of yesterday with Richardson on the Colts??? I hear he is available, and it won't even cost a first rounder this time...

Archived