NFL 2016 Week 7: Nobody's Burfict

Manhole Eunuchsbane

5 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

Jace, I'm assuming you're cussing out both the refs and your team right now.  Kind of want to be a fly on that wall. 

Eh, actually they're bleeding more time off the clock. Although I would have preferred the first Hilton TD as that would have left enough time for Luck to get another score after the Titans jaunt down the field.

2 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Eh, actually they're bleeding more time off the clock. Although I would have preferred the first Hilton TD as that would have left enough time for Luck to get another score after the Titans jaunt down the field.

So, if Luck doesn't get another yard, would you believe he wasn't my highest fantasy player from the early games? 

The facial hair really isn't working for Landry Jones. He looks like one of the guys in school who grew a rubbish 'tasche in an attempt to get served alcohol.

It's not a great combination with throwing interceptions in the end zone either.

Adam Vinateri set the NFL all time record today for consecutive field goal attempts in a row. I'm not sure if I'm more impressed that the new record is 784, or the fact that he did this at the age of 97 years old. 

I can not believe that I am actually going to say this, but not only should he be in the Hall of Fame, it would be a travesty if he weren't elected on the first ballot. Yes, that is right, I am advocating a kicker, and one who clenched championships for those damned, dirty, cheating Patriots becomes a first ballot HoFer.

1 minute ago, Howdyphillip said:

Adam Vinateri set the NFL all time record today for consecutive field goal attempts in a row. I'm not sure if I'm more impressed that the new record is 784, or the fact that he did this at the age of 97 years old. 

I can not believe that I am actually going to say this, but not only should he be in the Hall of Fame, it would be a travesty if he weren't elected on the first ballot. Yes, that is right, I am advocating a kicker, and one who clenched championships for those damned, dirty, cheating Patriots becomes a first ballot HoFer.

Preach it!!!

4 minutes ago, Howdyphillip said:

Depends on who else is on the docket the same year as him (let's just say he comes out same year as Brady, that already makes it harder). 

9 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

Depends on who else is on the docket the same year as him (let's just say he comes out same year as Brady, that already makes it harder). 

I'll bite, name me five people who deserve to be in the Hall of Fame before Adam Vinateri... I'll give you Brady. 

I agree with you.  Some NFL media types don't think of kickers as people.  Peterson and Gates are getting towards the end of their careers that I could see making it in before Vinatieri.  Add in backlog from the years before, and I think it's very possible he's not first ballot with the 3/5 compromise attitude toward kickers.  

1 minute ago, JonSnow4President said:

I agree with you.  Some NFL media types don't think of kickers as people.  Peterson and Gates are getting towards the end of their careers that I could see making it in before Vinatieri.  Add in backlog from the years before, and I think it's very possible he's not first ballot with the 3/5 compromise attitude toward kickers.  

Those are good assertions. I'd put Vinateri in before both of those guys, but I could certainly understand an argument against my point of view there. Anyone who is waiting can wait another year as far as I'm concerned. I'm not really arguing what will happen as much as what I believe should happen.

8 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

Won't matter.  Need to get rid of Grigson too.  

I didn't think I needed to mention a GM hire. If one goes, both goes, and literally anyone on earth would be an improvement. I'll take Al Davis at this point, at least I know he had a fetish for speed. Grigson seemingly signs and drafts players by drunkenly throwing darts at a scouting magazine.

Except for a couple of drives, the game with Pittsburgh is really uncharacteristic for New England. They've screwed up practically every aspect of it -- fumble on the first play, several dropped passes, a shanked punt, lousy defense... they're lucky that they're playing a backup quarterback.

21 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

They're not targeting their TE's much.  That's like most teams not targeting their WR1 and WR2. 

It's baffling. Normally the Steelers have trouble with really good TEs so it's surprising. Of course Gronk just caught that TD but otherwise they're nonexistent so far.

Archived