New Study Finds That Dinosaurs Didn't Roar, Possibly Quacked Like Ducks

Mr. Chatywin et al.

49 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

Think of the scene from Jurassic Park when the T-rex is looking at the Lawyer and about to eat him, and imagine it making a noise somewhat like this. (if likely deeper)

Yeah, thats the thing, the T-Rex version of any type of vocalization is going to be awesome.  Like saying that a T-Rex quacks like a duck is like saying that a 2000lb Rottweiler barks like a Chihuahua.   

I thought they did a really good job of creating audio fx for the dinos in JP.  I mean, obvs they were going for big and terrifying, but there were also a lot of subtle tonal qualities that were reminiscent of avian trumpeting, or squawks, or whatever.   

Also, imagine the T-Rex version of the territorial bellowing of alligators.

On 10/19/2016 at 5:42 PM, Tywin et al. said:

This is not a joke thread.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/10/18/study-dinosaurs-didnt-roar-but-quacked-or-cooed/

http://nbc4i.com/2016/10/18/study-dinosaurs-didnt-roar-but-quacked-or-cooed/

I hope this study is wrong because it's totally ruining my childhood! I'm just picturing Jurassic Park with a quacking T-Rex chasing Lex and Tim. It's just not the same.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! :commie:

"Scientists" also say that chickens are descended from dinosaurs, and have even experimented on chickens to un-evolve them back into dino's. It partially worked. Anyway, I have a few chickens and I can say that everyday they come and perch around the bottom of my deck in the shade and start to make velociraptor noises... like exactly as they sound in the movies. And it gets kinda loud. And the first time I heard them do this, it freaked me the F! out :lol:

25 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I reject your reality and substitute my own! :commie:

"Scientists" also say that chickens are descended from dinosaurs, and have even experimented on chickens to un-evolve them back into dino's. It partially worked. Anyway, I have a few chickens and I can say that everyday they come and perch around the bottom of my deck in the shade and start to make velociraptor noises... like exactly as they sound in the movies. And it gets kinda loud. And the first time I heard them do this, it freaked me the F! out :lol:

On that note. The greatest depiction of velociraptors ever, of all time.

6 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

YES!:lmao:

My chickens (are spoiled) will eat anything. They come up to the deck to beg and call to you if you are not there. They are like little adorably fluffy garbage disposals.

On 10/20/2016 at 10:11 AM, IheartIheartTesla said:

Dont fear, your childhood is still safe. Science! says so:

Well technically she said a T-Rex's boom would make the same sound as when you close a refrigerator door really hard. 

Archived