Parts of 'The Winds of Winter' you are looking forward to

I know this has probably been a topic before, but I really want to see what other people are looking forward to.

I am most looking forward to Davos and Bran's PoVs. Davos will be in Skagos, which could be awesome. Also, I am intrigued by Rickon and Shaggydog's potential developement as characters. Even after Skagos, Davos' PoV could be really good as he takes Rickon to Winterfell or something. Bran's PoV will presumbly have all kinds of background on Westeros history!! Also, was Jojen eaten by him? Where is Meera? What will happen to Bran long term? I am really intrigued by his powers and where this goes. Of course, I also think Tyrion, Barristan, Jon Snow, Daenerys, Aegon storyline, Arya, Sansa, Theon, and Brienne/Jamie will be interesting too, but these are just the two I am looking forward to most. Unlike others, ADwD was my second favorite book in the series, so I think TWoW has a lot of potential!

I think I'm most looking forward to reading what happens with Jon, the cliff hanger ending may not resolve like it did in GOT (on TV) and I am looking forward to reading about it for myself. 

Then probably Bran. 

We've had glimpses of Arya, Sansa, Theon, and Mereen. So we have some idea as to what is going to be happening there. But those glimpses have only served to wet my appetite for it.  I'm very interested in Sansa's story and am looking forward to seeing if her story goes where I think it is going. 

I am looking forward also to seeing what happens with Brienne and Jaime and LSH. 

I'm looking forward to reading Sansa's story and about Greyjoys (Euron, Victarion, Asha). I didn't like Greyjoys in the beginning, but found their chapters in ADwD and TWoW very interesting.

Also i want to know what happened to Brienne, Jaime and Pod and how their story will go. And I really hope the BF returnes.

Essos storyline was the least interesting for me in ADwD, so I really hope there won't be so many chapters about  it.

To the OP: ADWD was my second favourite book of the series as well and I think a lot of exciting stuff will happen in TWOW. I'm actually interested in most storylines. 

Jaime, Brienne and the BWB

Everything in the North, namely: 

- Stannis and the battle of Ice

- What will happen to Asha and Theon? 

- Jon and his journey. How much will he differ from the Jon we know?

- Davos and his trip to Skagos. Skagos sounds like an really interesting place and it will be nice to see Rickon and Osha again.

- Bran, the three-eyed raven an the CotF. 

Arya and the FM. 

I actually liked Meereen, so I'm interested in seeing how the Battle of Fire will go down.

Daenerys and the Dothraki. Sounds like an interesting personal journey for her. 

Sam and the Citadel. This is such a mysterious place and I just love big fantasy universities with cool libraries. Alleras/ Sarella is also a fascinating minor character.

Arianne, Jon Con and Aegon. Is he fake or not? How sucessful will they be?

Cersei in KL. KL is always interesting. Now with Kevan dead the Tyrells try to grab more power, but Nymeria Sand will also arrive and be part of the Small Council. This could be fun. 

I cannot wait to see how the Sansa story will unfold, that is the biggest suspense for me personally. Otherwise, I am looking forward to seeing places we haven't seen yet but have heard about a lot - Skagos is somehow confirmed, then possibly Tarth, Highgarden, Casterly Rock and of course whatever Bran has to share with us!

I'm really interested in the story at the Wall after Jon's death and how it will play out in the books so I'll definetely look forward to the Mel chapters there. I'm also looking forward for the Barristan chapters and the battle at Meereen and for Arianne's chapters in the Stormlands. However, the chapters I'm most excited for are definetely the Theon chapters. I like Theon as a character a lot and love his development. And then there'll of course be the battle at the crofter's village and the revelation of Stannis plan, which I'm really hyped on.

Aaah! Where to start????

Bran and Bloodraven- where is Jojen and what about Meera? And that enormous "bat" skeleton at the back of the cave? (the second part is just a bonus)

Jon after the mutiny. I have bad suspicions about Mel's intent.

Arya after her prayer kill.

Sansa and the Mad Mouse issue.

Sam at the Citadel. I think Euron might hit there first. If not, then along with what Sam is going to learn that the Citadel has kept hidden, there will be battles there as well.

Stannis and his battle. What works and what doesn't?

Asha Greyjoy also rose pretty high on my list after her chapters.

Brienne and Jaime and the LSH/BWB, Blackfish arc is killing me not to have more right now.

Barristan in Essos. I think we will get some good info and updates from his POV (while he lasts). I think a Barristan death might hit me kinda hard. :unsure:

Funny enough, I am not expecting anything shatteringly new from Tyrion or Dany and I don't know why.

....basically, all of Winds of Winter :D

ADDING: I am also curious if we will see any natural disasters on a huge level. The Wall physically falling (it already metaphorically fell), the Giant's Lance, the Trident is flooding, etc...

The one thing that is killing me right now is the cliffhanger with Jaime/Brienne/Pod/UnCat - I definitely feel that Jaime has stuff to do still so he cannot die just yet but whether Brienne survives too is another matter because right now their chances aren't good - still I am a little hopeful though - maybe she will tell him it's a trap or he will figure it out.  I personally feel that George has put a lot of emphasis on how Jaime cannot fight well with his left hand for there not to be some kind of epic fight involving him though - the one thing that sticks out for me in this situation is whether the fact that Cat promised not to ask anything of Brienne that would bring her dishonour will actually turn out to be the loophole as it were...  There have been various threads on this topic but definitely the thing that I long to know the most.

Of course very closely followed by yes, how Jon comes back to life and how different he will be.  To me this is primarily a plot device to release him from his vows - I expect him to be more different in the books than he was in the show though and since I am not terribly fond of undead characters I am dreading this a bit - I definitely feel he will team up with Dany although not necessarily in TWOW and that Tyrion will play a part in that (okay maybe influenced by the show here but to me it makes sense).

I am also dying to know what happens in the Vale.  LF has been hoarding food which I feel is going to be pretty important plotwise - also yes the Mad Mouse; who is he really?  is he friend of foe? and what happens at the Tournament - I can't see Harry surviving long term; also I want to hear more from Myranda Royce (I really like that character) but despite possible jealousy et al I feel she will help Sansa.  Sansa is definitely being groomed to become an important player - I believe GRRM said so himself although I cannot recall the exact quote.  I think LF will get his comeuppance but probably not in TWOW and that Sansa will be his demise (possibly with help from another character/s).

Sandor has also got me intrigued - it is hard to say exactly how much the show has departed from the end game but most people certainly believe he is alive.  I think so too and in some capacity he has to add to the end game or there would be no point in bringing him back.  Unlike the most popular theory that his destiny is linked to Sansa's I personally think it is something else that is brewing here.  I don't doubt they will meet at some stage but I think it's more likely that he will encounter Arya first (who I think just like in the show will be heading back to Westeros soon).  The House of Black & White is interesting and we will certainly learn some more about them but this is just training for Arya IMHO and to be honest failing a major revelation I am getting a little tired of that plotline.  I liked her adventures in Westeros better and her interaction with Sandor for instance.  I also wonder if Arya and Sandor might just turn up in the Riverlands and meet up with undead mum, Gendry and hey maybe there is even a Sandor/Jaime/Brienne encounter... I would definitely love that, but UnCat has to die for good though.  Would love it if Arya gave her "mercy" or she was put out of her mysery by Brienne with Oathkeeper.

I really look forward to everything to be honest.  KL I expect a succession of many monarchs including Aegon who will reign for very small periods of time.  Aegon doesn't interest me a huge amount other than for the fact that we might see a turncoat situation with Varys, who I have a feeling is stringing Illyrio along.

I am also very curious to see how the Volonquar prophecy comes to be.  Jaime is a bit obvious but my bet for now is on him but because Cersei somehow would have brought it upon herself, most likely indirectly.

In the north, I feel Stannis will win the battle very early on in the book but that he is very likely to die soon too.  George confirmed that the burning of Shireen will happen which will break my heart yet again lol so someone (if not the battle itself) will finish Stannis.  I definitely see Jon emerging as the northern leader - there are too many clues that he is the promised prince...

As for Davos, I love him to bits and yes I want to know more about Skagos.  Rickon has to die though.  I believe plot-wise is in the way to Sansa inheriting Winterfell - Bran has a different destiny and I believe he will renounce his lordly rights in favour of a more esoteric career as it were.  However, I expect Rickon's death to be useful to the plot in someway other than just that.

Euron has got me intrigued too and his horn lol He definitely is heading towards being the most hated character in the series yet.  I personally felt after reading Aeron's chapter that he is going to be worse than Joffey and Ramsay put together.  Dany has to be given a fair fight and I feel Euron is the one to fulfill that role.  I want to hear more about Asha and Theon too.

As for Dany I think she might be stranded with the Dothraki for as long as it takes for Aegon to capture KL (my theory is that Cersei will go and seek refuge in Casterly Rock but will survive the sacking of the city).  Then my guess is that Dany will return with a Dothraki following (although I expect this to be less bad ass than in the show) and well Tyrion pretty much has turned the Second Sons over to her and there will be a huge battle with Euron's forces but Dany is definitely the winner "me thinks" although I am sure there will be a price, maybe even one dragon gets killed or something.

Now, as for my favourite character, Tyrion, okay I get that George had to have him depressed and mainly boring through book 5 to show that his actions no matter how provoked had to leave very serious psychological scars.  I reckon TWOW might well be (towards the end) when he finally finds out about the Tysha mystery.  Even if she is alive I cannot see her being anything else other than a plot device where Tyrion will find some sort of closure.  However, he has to bounce back so even if the story is tragic George cannot keep stuck in that rut.   He doesn't always get it right but he is definitely end game too and I am beginning to be a bit bored with him with the Second Sons TBH.  I think Penny will die in this book.  She served a purpose in showing Tyrion another dwarf with a very different outlook on life but I think that's got to be that.  She might die tragically in his arms or something though...  He will definitely team up with Danny but this has almost been spoiled by his TWOW point of view chapter.

I am sure I am forgetting lots of plots I am really intrigued to see, Sam for instance.  Yes, he will figure out something important to the final battle but I see him and Gilly surviving and possibly even married after all is done and dusted but that would be part of the end of the final book which has to deal with "rebuilding" their world somehow.

Bran is definitely end game and I think he will unintentionally be the one that brings down the world but I look forward to his journey although I feel his role will be more prominent in the final book than in TWOW.

Now the Tyrells, Dorne etc will love to see what happens there too.  In short, too many plot lines I am dying to know more about but the Jaime/Brienne cliffhanger has certainly got me going.  I might even go straight to their chapters when the book is released lol

16 hours ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

I actually liked Meereen, so I'm interested in seeing how the Battle of Fire will go down.

I also liked Meereen. I wish GRRM would humanize more of the characters though. He has humanized to an extent the Ironborn and the Lannisters and the Wildlings. I would like to see some humanization of the Meerenese or the Dothraki even. I don't know how he would do it, but I want it to happen. Get a PoV from Jhogo and find out he is actually extremely smart, just bad at speaking the common tongue, I don't know, something. 

11 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

....basically, all of Winds of Winter :D

Yes. 

10 hours ago, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

I also liked Meereen. I wish GRRM would humanize more of the characters though. He has humanized to an extent the Ironborn and the Lannisters and the Wildlings. I would like to see some humanization of the Meerenese or the Dothraki even. I don't know how he would do it, but I want it to happen. Get a PoV from Jhogo and find out he is actually extremely smart, just bad at speaking the common tongue, I don't know, something. 

That would be a really good idea. I doubt we get a POV from one of these characters though. If I'm not mistaken GRRM said that there won't be any new POV's in TWOW. However, there are still other ways in which he could humanise these groups. Danaerys will probably spend some time with the Dothraki again and I suspect a few chapters will be spend on this. GRRM could use these chapters in order to humanise the Dothraki and to make us more sympathetic to them. Maybe Tyrion could show us a bit more of Meereen and it's people. 

I am mostly interested in the Essos storyline, Dany's Vision Quest in her last chapter of ADWD being my all-time ASOIAF fav chapter so far.

Aside from that I desperately want to know what happens with Jon and am also very interested in Arya's way after the Mercy chapter.

To a lesser extent I am interested in Aegon, Jaime, Barristan, Tyrion, Cersei, Varys and Theon in that order. However Euron, Victarion, Damphair and Brienne need not apply :P

Everything around Oldtown, because of all the storylines converging there. You have Sam from the Wall-storyline and the fight against the Others. Then there's Sarella Sand, who might be important in Doran's plans. Leo Tyrell might give us insight into what the Tyrells are up to. Euron is nearby with Aeron imprisoned and the Ironborn are planning to attack Oldtown. The Brave Companions seem to be on their way to Oldtown. Alekyne Florent is seeking refuge there. The Hightowers are super mysterious. And this is all playing out against the backdrop of some Maester Conspiracy, which could also inform us on the situation around Robert's Rebellion (considering what Lady Dustin had to say about it).

Euron's story ... He is really crazy, mysterious and dangerous. 

Aegon, Arianne, Jon Con

Sansa and Littlefinger. Sansa is my favorite character and the Vale storyline is really interesting for me.

Jaime, Brienne and LSH

Asha and Theon

The battle of ice

I don't like Victarion but his story is very exciting. Dragon horn, Moqorro, the dusky woman...

Davos and his Skagos journey

Cersei 

Jeyne Westerling 

At this point the part of TWOW I'm the most looking forward to is the part where GRRM gets done writing it. 

I can't imagine getting into this series from ASOS onward. 5 more years for AFFC, then 6 for ADWD, and now what looks like it's going to at least be 6 for TWOW, if not longer. 

17 minutes ago, PCK said:

At this point the part of TWOW I'm the most looking forward to is the part where GRRM gets done writing it. 

I can't imagine getting into this series from ASOS onward. 5 more years for AFFC, then 6 for ADWD, and now what looks like it's going to at least be 6 for TWOW, if not longer. 

I totally agree.

If GRRM starts worrying which parts we might want to read most, TWOW will never get finished.

Archived