Nap Rooms for University Students - Good Idea?

Theda Baratheon

15 hours ago, karaddin said:

Humans are a diverse group, yet we keep trying to hammer one size fits all to so many different things.

definitely agree and this is what I was trying to get to earlier. the way workplaces and universities and basically the way everything is run evolves with time and not everyone is the same. naps for some are going to be hugely beneficial and doesn't necessarily AT ALL mean theyre bad at managing time 

I work at a university in China and while we don't have nap rooms we do have a three hour break in the afternoon and it's expected students and staff alike will take naps during this time. I don't partake and sometimes have gotten weird looks for saying I never take naps.    

37 minutes ago, Darzin said:

I work at a university in China and while we don't have nap rooms we do have a three hour break in the afternoon and it's expected students and staff alike will take naps during this time. I don't partake and sometimes have gotten weird looks for saying I never take naps.    

Whatever works for you!!! 

I've seen lots of students sleep at their desk in the library at uni. Having a nap room would work so much better for people like this, and would also free up the space in the library for other students who want to use it.

The benefit of having the room in the library, at least in my uni, is that for much of the year it's open 24/7, so if people were there all night they could also grab some shut eye

12 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Whatever works for you!!! 

Exactly! I just wanted to show that some places you can be the odd one out for not taking a nap. I don't mind the break though as I use it to get other stuff done.

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I've seen lots of students sleep at their desk in the library at uni. Having a nap room would work so much better for people like this, and would also free up the space in the library for other students who want to use it.

The benefit of having the room in the library, at least in my uni, is that for much of the year it's open 24/7, so if people were there all night they could also grab some shut eye

My library closed at midnight which used to annoy me because I do all my best work in the evening and early hours of the morning so I used to go at like 7/8pm and then stay until midnight writing my disertation because I could NOT get ANY work done in my flat 

Archived