US Elections - The white power-suit vs the white-power suit

all swedes are racist

21 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

There is virtually no scenario where Trump wins without Florida.  Things are going very well.   

Without Florida, Trump needs Romney 2012 + Iowa + Nevada + Ohio + Pennsylvania + two out of the following three - New Hampshire, Colorado, and Wisconsin. As things stand, I can't see Trump doing that if he's also losing Florida.

1 hour ago, Fez said:

Well, I can't tell you what local races you might have (I've got a county board race, school board race, and some bond issues), but there are two referendums to amend the Virginia constitution that no one has been talking about.

The first would add a right-to-work (aka union busting) clause to the state constitution. Virginia already has a bunch of right-to-work laws, so it wouldn't have much immediate effect. But it would make it that much harder to reverse those laws if Democrats ever retake the state legislature. So I recommend voting NO on that one.

The second would allow the state legislature to allow localities to exempt surviving spouses of public health or safety personnel killed in the line of duty from paying property taxes, so long as they remain at the residence that person lived at and do not remarry. Personally, I'm also voting NO on this one.

I'm all for giving lots of benefits to surviving spouses (and families) of people killed in the line of public duty, but I don't believe using the tax code is the right way to do it. Also, with the clause about not remarrying, it adds a weird incentive there of encouraging people to not try to move on with their lives. Whether or not to ever remarry about a spouse is killed is an intensively personal decision, and I don't think the state should be getting involved in it.

Interesting.  I've seen some commercials on the first referendum, but nothing on the second.  Is there a particular website you recommend for looking things up? 

16 minutes ago, Shryke said:

Trump doing some more waving of his fascist flag:

Yup, that's his post-election plans apparently. Jailing his political opponent and anyone who spoke out against him.

That's been his counter-attack gameplan since the early 80's. Roy Cohn taught him that. Just sue. Sue the fuck out of them.

Two of the women, Karena Virginia and Summer Zervos, have appeared with attorney Gloria Allred when going public with their stories.  Perhaps if Trump decides to sue, there might be a class action suit leveled against him.

Popcorn, anyone?

9 hours ago, Roose Boltons Pet Leech said:

He's been French-Kissing Trump for ages, and has lost all credibility in the process. Screw him.

Also, he really hates the US, period. And Wikileaks believes in that Rothschild conspiracy bullshit. 

So since Paul Ryan's comment a couple days ago that Bernie might chair the budget committee, Bernie has raised over 2 million for down ballot senate candidates with NC as the biggest beneficiary. 

Bernie might get a congress supportive of his ideals yet, sad that it took this long for he and his supporters to realize how important this is or to only care if it accrues power and benefits to Bernie, but I'm thrilled Bernie is finally acknowledging that down ballot candidates exist.

As far as a broken clock goes it will be in Hillary's interest to take up Trump's proposal related to a 5 year ban on former Executives and Congressional officials from lobbying. 

I know Obama attempted to have a similar ban and had some problems but I do think overall it is a good idea to pursue.

I do think Hillary can have the potential of being a modern day Chester A. Arthur with government reform.  She can also  Chelsea in charge, she been coming off  good in the leaked E-mails in pointing out troubling potential conflicts of interests in the Clinton Foundation.

t's no accident that Orange Stalin, traitor to his nation, concluded his Gettysburg address today at the site of Pickett's Charge. That's not even a dog whistle to his base as to what he expects them to do when he loses.

Vomitous.

36 minutes ago, Zorral said:

t's no accident that Orange Stalin, traitor to his nation, concluded his Gettysburg address today at the site of Pickett's Charge. That's not even a dog whistle to his base as to what he expects them to do when he loses.

Vomitous.

Eh? But the charge was ultimately repelled, so the Union won. In what sense is that a dog whistle for the white supremacists?

31 minutes ago, TerraPrime said:

Eh? But the charge was ultimately repelled, so the Union won. In what sense is that a dog whistle for the white supremacists?

No one ever claimed this guy knows any history.  In any case Pickett's charge is part of the great glorious Lost Cause mythology of gallant, brave secesh who never lost but were unfairly clobbered by superior numbers -- and because Stuart went walk-about way too long, betraying the knight knights Lee.  Otherwise they'd a won Gettysburg and continued the invasion of the north.

They were however drastically short of competent officers after the Gettysburg defeat. But up to the very end, guns and ammo were what Lee's Army of Northern VA always had.  Just no food.

Or maybe he picked the site thinking Pickett's Charge was a buncha thugs with clubs charging a a line of laborers picketing his brand, demanding their back wages?

25 minutes ago, Zorral said:

No one ever claimed this guy knows any history.  In any case Pickett's charge is part of the great glorious Lost Cause mythology of gallant, brave secesh who never lost but were unfairly clobbered by superior numbers -- and because Stuart went walk-about way too long, betraying the knight knights Lee.  Otherwise they'd a won Gettysburg and continued the invasion of the north.

They were however drastically short of competent officers after the Gettysburg defeat. But up to the very end, guns and ammo were what Lee's Army of Northern VA always had.  Just no food.

Damn right! Don't let them history books go afoolin you about the war of northern aggression.

Just got this in an email.....thoughts?

Interesting facts, Trump trumps HRC on social media……………….

TRUMPED UP

Very interesting. Given that the almost daily Trump rallies draw from 25,000 to 35,000 people, while Hillary's bi-monthly rally draws maybe a few hundred, it was always hard for me to believe she was leading in so many polls. Made no sense at all. Now I understand. The media wants everyone to believe she will win, in order to maybe sway some votes. Also, I had no idea she pays some of her "followers"

See The 5 Facts That JUST MIGHT Prove Trumpy Is ACTUALLY Beating Hillary!
Let's take a look at the facts that the media completely ignores or covers up. Instead, they have been giving Clinton the lead despite the fact that she can't get anyone to even show up to her rallies.

FACT #1: Trump has nearly three times the amount of followers on Facebook.
Trump: 12,174,358 likes.
Clinton: 4,385,959 likes.

Look what Trump's live stream videos do when compared to Hillary's.
Trump Live Stream Post - 21 hours ago: 135,000 likes, 18,167 shares, 1.5 million views
Clinton Live Stream Post - 25 hours ago: 9,000 likes, 0 shares, 121,000 views
That does not look good at all for her!

Fact #2: Trump has 18.6 million twitter followers.
Hillary Clinton has only 6.1 million.
The best part is that most of Hillary's are actually fake. According to the Washington Examiner, 41 percent of Hillary's "followers" are not even real people.
In contrast, The Daily Caller says that Trump's followers are 90% real with  90% of them having a previous voting record.

Fact #3: Trump averages 160k viewers per live stream.
Clinton averages 400 viewers per live stream.
Wow. That is bad. Trump also gets 5,000 percent more eyeballs focused on the screen than Clinton. Yep. She really is that boring to the folks.

Fact #4: Instagram.
Trump has 6.2 million followers.
Clinton has 800,000 followers.
Instagram is a platform with mostly all pictures and not much substance - exactly what Hillary supporters love. And still she does very poorly in this medium.

Fact #5: On Reddit.
Trump: 297,696 subscribers
Clinton: 21,429 subscribers

But on Hillary for Prison: she gets 255,228 subscribers.

Trump has more subscribers than Clinton on every major social media outlet but what is even funnier is that there are nearly 3 times as many people subscribed to "Hillary for Prison" than there are subscribed to the Clinton page.

The best part is that the DNC's leaked emails from WikiLeaks have proven that Clinton pays people to support her online. Trump supporters on the other hand willingly actually like and follow him on Social media.

Trump actually has the support of the people. He is going to win this election come November no matter what the mainstream media would like you to believe

8 minutes ago, the Greenleif Stark said:

Just got this in an email.....thoughts?

-snip-

1) Trump supporters are more vocal than most Clinton supporters. That includes being vocal on the internet. 

2) Trump is generally more entertaining to view, for anyone, than Clinton (for different reasons depending on what camp you're in), so of course his live streams are going to be more viewed. 

I could go into more detail but it just doesn't... really seem worth it. I don't think the number of social media subscribers or rally attenders are very good metrics of how well a candidate is going to do on election day. Certainly not to the extent that we should disregard polling. 

5 hours ago, Shryke said:

Trump doing some more waving of his fascist flag:

Yup, that's his post-election plans apparently. Jailing his political opponent and anyone who spoke out against him.

To be fair, though...this isn't just slapping down political dissidence. These people did actually personally accuse him of a crime. 

Archived