The Flash - The answer to every problem? Run faster.

MisterOJ

So, the other thread is over the limit, and I had a question I figured I'd start a new thread.

Now, I'm a week behind, but I just watched last week's episode last night. I liked it pretty good, but the main thing I was wondering is if anyone else caught the cool little Easter egg when Barry was with Jay Garrick in the 1990s diner.

They showed a quick shot of a television and I am 98% sure that the show on the screen was the original Flash TV show with John Wesley Shipp. Did anyone else notice that?

• 6 months later...
58 minutes ago, Quoth said:

Oops. I posted in the old thread...?

That was one seriously weird ep. So, who is Savatar that he would affect Killer Frost so...?

It's going to be:

Spoiler

Barry himself. Or more likely an alternate Earth Barry, who in his drive to actually save Iris, becomes the thing that creates the problem to begin with.

I was pretty bored by the whole ep. Not even sure what it all means. So, he has to trap his future self in the speedforce?  I don't even understand, or care, what that means. And it doesn't explain why Frosty got all exuberant when she first saw him and joined forces in the first place. I'm real close to giving up on this show.

Poor Barry's brain will melt if the only way he can run faster than Savitar is to run faster than himself which will then mean he'll have to run faster, etc, etc. They will essentially condense 10 seasons of plot into the next couple of episodes.

Not missing this show but still have fun reading the zany plot twists.

The preview is hilarious too as Cisco comes up with a logical reason for introducing "Arrow style" secret keeping. Let's hope that doesn't lead to Savitar.

Well, as you'd expect, I disagree with you all.  I think they've upped their game.  Maybe not as much as Arrow has this season, but they've dispensed with some of the junk that weighted down last season.  I was onboard very early with the Savitar reveal, so it didn't surprise me much, other than the timing.  Yes the show is a bit melodramatic at times, and they need to fill the cast down a smidge,  but it's still a fun show. 

:P

I'm a sucker for the evil future self stories - although i prefer it when said fate is inescapable or it at least turns out the evilness isn't as evil as it initially appears.

Though I didn't really try too hard to understand Savitar's origin, I thought "Cause and Effect" was one of the best episodes of this season; the ep was a laugh and like the musical, a reminder of the light-hearted Barry during the early days.

Naturally, it couldn't last.

It was also one if those times the Barry and Iris dynamic really worked and almost made me forget that Grant Gustin has better chemistry with Melissa Benoist.

I still don't understand what I'm watching here. Really convoluted, as time travel stories have the tendancy to be.

I'd be much more freaked out if I couldn't remember basically my whole life. Tho' I did kinda like "happy" Barry. Cisco seems to really be stepping up, which I also liked. H.R. and the scientist was a little squicky, but cute.

Archived