October 21, 2016 on Sky Atlantic in Italy and Germany
October 24, 2016 on Canal+ in France
October 26, 2016 on C More in Sweden
October 27, 2016 on Sky Atlantic in the UK
October 28, 2016 on HBO in Poland
February 2017 on HBO in the United States

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just started and I have already seen five episodes. I should get some work done, but damn this is some good stuff! I'll try to see the rest of the series before i go beyond, but this is some great television. If it keeps going like that other series will have to be really great to win me over.

8 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

I just started and I have already seen five episodes. I should get some work done, but damn this is some good stuff! I'll try to see the rest of the series before i go beyond, but this is some great television. If it keeps going like that other series will have to be really great to win me over.

It's only aired 4 in the UK thus far. Another one tomorrow. I'm loving it and eagerly awaiting each new episode. 

Just now, Mexal said:

We've seen the first 3 episodes and absolutely love it. Beautiful show, funny at times and absolutely bonkers. 

And surprisingly spiritual despite all of the above being true :) 

Just now, Theda Baratheon said:

It's only aired 4 in the UK thus far. Another one tomorrow. I'm loving it and eagerly awaiting each new episode. 

I have got all the episodes lined up :) I thought everyone would already be way ahead of me ;) 

1 minute ago, Veltigar said:

And surprisingly spiritual despite all of the above being true :) 

I have got all the episodes lined up :) I thought everyone would already be way ahead of me ;) 

Nope. :) it's not even aired in US until January! 

4 minutes ago, Mexal said:

We've seen the first 3 episodes and absolutely love it. Beautiful show, funny at times and absolutely bonkers. 

How GOOD was that ending of episode three?? All the little music moments in this show are great. I just love it. 

I finished episode 8 three days ago. I wanted to react immediately, but the boards were down at the moment and the days afterwards life just seemed to get in the way. A shame really, because I was positively bubbling with emotions. Truly a magnficent experience. At the end of that eight episode, I was literally crying a little, which doesn't usually happen. It's just lovely really, a shame we can't all watch this simultaneously, because I would have loved to chat about the sequence that affected me so greatly for a whole night. 

Brilliant series really. I'm going to try and refrain from watching the remaining episodes right now, because I want to take my time for them and watch them in the most optimal circumstances (at night, nice bag of crisps close at hand, etc.) because this series just deserves it. I really don't want it to end.

A bit more on the scene that I found so moving:

Spoiler

As you probably guessed, it was the scene where Pius XIII gives his speech about peace. The soothing sound of Jude Law's voice, the wonderful music (great cover, better than the original imo), the acting, the way it was shot and just the actual content of his speech... Pure beauty. I watched it all with 'eyes of joy' (such an elegant, simple phrase) and I genuinely hope this series will continue to amaze me.  I love how this series seems to understand the paradoxal nature of believing. The pitfalls and the heights, they are all there. Glorious, that is what it is. 

I saw episodes 9 and 10. They were good, but I wasn't enamourd by the ending. It felt a bit rushed and quite frankly a tad gimmicky (might I say that it lacked the creative boldness that made the rest of the season outstanding). This series easily could have used another episode or two.

Still, overal I'd say it's one of the finest seasons of television I have ever seen. Greatly pleasing on pretty much all fronts, with episode 8 being the absolute standout. I read on Variety that Sorentino is already working on a second season, so I'll be eagerly awaiting the release of that little marvel. I'd also like to give a shoutout to Cécile De France, who is not only heart achingly beautiful, but also has incredible chemistry with Jude Law. 

Archived