Walking Dead Season 7 (No comic Spoilers)

Howdyphillip

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:15 AM, princess_snow said:

Long time since anyone has posted here.

I found season 7 and first half of 8 to be pretty bad, and I loved this show. However, I feel the quality in this back half has improved. Thankfully no more slow mo montages and bottle neck eps. I hoping next season improves with a new showrunner. Im glad we are coming to an end with the Negan storyline. Looking forward to the finale - first time in a long time I have actually really felt exited about TWD.

Also do people really think Eugene is still on Rick's team ? I personally dont. 

I agree that this season has been a little better than last. I don't see how anyone could think Eugene is anything but a Savior after the last episode.

6 hours ago, dbunting said:

I agree that this season has been a little better than last. I don't see how anyone could think Eugene is anything but a Savior after the last episode.

Fans think because of what Rosita said to him that he is finally going to take a stand and stop being so gutless. That after asking Gabe to step away then bringing him back in to help with the bullets that they will tamper with them.   

Eugene seems to be all about Eugene. I don't know if he was always this 'cunning' or if he's picked up skills along the way. I suppose he could be cleverly biding his time...but I think he's just out for himself tbh. 

13 hours ago, princess_snow said:

Fans think because of what Rosita said to him that he is finally going to take a stand and stop being so gutless. That after asking Gabe to step away then bringing him back in to help with the bullets that they will tamper with them.   

I have the exact opposite view after the last episode. He seemed genuinely hurt and pissed off at Rosita. I saw his making Gabriel work as a sign of him being more hardened and like, f that get to work we are killing all of them, I am Negan.

On 4/15/2018 at 0:08 AM, dbunting said:

I have the exact opposite view after the last episode. He seemed genuinely hurt and pissed off at Rosita. I saw his making Gabriel work as a sign of him being more hardened and like, f that get to work we are killing all of them, I am Negan.

I agree. I also feel like his arc is done. Im tired of his character at this point. Will be interested to see how the wrap up this season. I also hope Dwight doesnt die Ive really enjoyed his arc and hes a fine actor. 

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:44 PM, princess_snow said:

Well well well @dbunting how wrong we were.

What did you think of the finale ?

Personally, I thought it was a little cloying.  The sudden turnaround of Rick being a "good guy" and all the talk about Carl's philosophy, and the sentimental scenes of Rick and Carl (as a little kid) walking down the dusty country road, father and son, just didn't ring true to me.  YMMV. 

Edit: Rick basically played the "Carl card" to touch Negan's feelings to distract him long enough so he could take him down.  Oh, and slashing someone so deep across the throat could very well lead them to bleed out rather quickly, so where does all this "We're not going to kill you, we're going to reinstitute law and jail you" come from?  And what the hell is Jesus doing in the meeting Maggie had?  And Daryl????!! 

It all just didn't flow right to me.  But that's nothing new with TWD, is it?

1 hour ago, Tears of Lys said:

Personally, I thought it was a little cloying.  The sudden turnaround of Rick being a "good guy" and all the talk about Carl's philosophy, and the sentimental scenes of Rick and Carl (as a little kid) walking down the dusty country road, father and son, just didn't ring true to me.  YMMV. 

Edit: Rick basically played the "Carl card" to touch Negan's feelings to distract him long enough so he could take him down.  Oh, and slashing someone so deep across the throat could very well lead them to bleed out rather quickly, so where does all this "We're not going to kill you, we're going to reinstitute law and jail you" come from?  And what the hell is Jesus doing in the meeting Maggie had?  And Daryl????!! 

It all just didn't flow right to me.  But that's nothing new with TWD, is it?

I agree with everything you said. I mean Im glad the All out War chapter is finished, but it was underwhelming for me.

As for Maggie Daryl and Jesus that was a major cringefest for me at least. Im getting whiplash from some of these characters. It seemed so over the top to me - mustache twirling. Why couldnt they have written a scene where they talked normally about the fact they did not agree with Rick's handling of Negan.

If they intend to do a civil war for next season Im actually done. 

Who is left at Alexandria anyway besides Michonne Rick Gabriel and I assume Judith ?

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:44 PM, princess_snow said:

Well well well @dbunting how wrong we were.

What did you think of the finale ?

I was surprised by the sabotage, really thought it was going a different direction. How conveinient that Rick is capable of cutting someones throat in such a way that he doesn't die since that never happens! And the stupid Godfather Maggie scene pissed me right off. Makes not one bit of sense. Maggie, ok maybe she is mad, her I can buy. Jesus and Darryl have both in this very episode been shown to not kill their true enemy, one that tried killing them, and now they are going to out of no where band together to kill the people they have known the longest! WTF stupid on so many levels. If Darryl was truly like this then Dwight would be dead. So dumb. I was ok with the finale other than this, it just ruined it and the whole season for me.

9 hours ago, princess_snow said:

I agree with everything you said. I mean Im glad the All out War chapter is finished, but it was underwhelming for me.

As for Maggie Daryl and Jesus that was a major cringefest for me at least. Im getting whiplash from some of these characters. It seemed so over the top to me - mustache twirling. Why couldnt they have written a scene where they talked normally about the fact they did not agree with Rick's handling of Negan.

If they intend to do a civil war for next season Im actually done. 

Who is left at Alexandria anyway besides Michonne Rick Gabriel and I assume Judith ?

Plan for some alternate Sunday night viewing.  You have to KNOW they will have a civil war next season, accompanied by major lecturing/cajoling/whining/etc. from Jesus.  I suppose they figured the bromance between Rick and Daryl had to end (or be interrupted) at some point - foreshadowed by their "slugfest" on the side of the road in an earlier episode. 

"Mustache twirling" is a good way to describe that scene, as is "Godfather" Maggie.  The actress who plays Maggie (Lauren Cohan?) looks like she's having some difficulty with the material too - which is not her fault.  Anyone would. 

BUT!! Should anyone misunderstand me and assume I am out on this series, I shall continue to watch while I fold the laundry (as Baitac said above.)  I do like the Jesus character usually, although his lectures do get a bit tedious. (That sentence sounds funny even to me.)  I chalk it up to the actor's general likeability. 

4 hours ago, dbunting said:

I was surprised by the sabotage, really thought it was going a different direction. How conveinient that Rick is capable of cutting someones throat in such a way that he doesn't die since that never happens! And the stupid Godfather Maggie scene pissed me right off. Makes not one bit of sense. Maggie, ok maybe she is mad, her I can buy. Jesus and Darryl have both in this very episode been shown to not kill their true enemy, one that tried killing them, and now they are going to out of no where band together to kill the people they have known the longest! WTF stupid on so many levels. If Darryl was truly like this then Dwight would be dead. So dumb. I was ok with the finale other than this, it just ruined it and the whole season for me.

I like the "Godfather Maggie" reference. :) 

I don't know if she/they intend to kill Rick, et al.  Rather, get to Negan and finish him off, thereby going against Rick, leading to DRAMA!!  

Really, I'd much rather this show be a series of close calls and/or folks getting eaten in creative ways than these ham-fisted attempts at character development.

28 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

Plan for some alternate Sunday night viewing.  You have to KNOW they will have a civil war next season, accompanied by major lecturing/cajoling/whining/etc. from Jesus.  I suppose they figured the bromance between Rick and Daryl had to end (or be interrupted) at some point - foreshadowed by their "slugfest" on the side of the road in an earlier episode. 

"Mustache twirling" is a good way to describe that scene, as is "Godfather" Maggie.  The actress who plays Maggie (Lauren Cohan?) looks like she's having some difficulty with the material too - which is not her fault.  Anyone would. 

BUT!! Should anyone misunderstand me and assume I am out on this series, I shall continue to watch while I fold the laundry (as Baitac said above.)  I do like the Jesus character usually, although his lectures do get a bit tedious. (That sentence sounds funny even to me.)  I chalk it up to the actor's general likeability. 

I don't know if she/they intend to kill Rick, et al.  Rather, get to Negan and finish him off, thereby going against Rick, leading to DRAMA!!  

Really, I'd much rather this show be a series of close calls and/or folks getting eaten in creative ways than these ham-fisted attempts at character development.

Absolutely agree with the last parts. These people have been to hell and back together. No way they turn on eachother now, especially Darryl. If he wouldn't even kill Dwight then why would we believe this?

I really don’t see a problem with Darryl still wanting to kill Negan after having just let Dwight go on his way.  Its been a slow, incremental process, but I think that Dwight did finally prove that he was sincere in wanting to help the coalition of communities fighting the Saviors.  

It may be too little too late to earn him real redemption in the eyes of everyone who had reason to hate him, and maybe particularly, Darryl, but its at least enough to earn him his life.    

He did relay information and otherwise help Rick n’ co in the early stages of the rebellion, and he risked his life and more on many occasions when he could have betrayed them to gain favor with Negan.  Also, its turns out he didn’t shoot whats-her-name with a soiled arrow, etc.  

All that said, I agree the Godfather Maggie scene was a bit over the top.  No way Maggie and Darryl would be so quick to go behind Rick’s back over this.  Hell, all they really need ot do is wait a few episodes for Rick to flipflop his position on extrajudicial killing again.  But, in particular, there’s no way Jesus would be so intent on seeing someone be killed instead of imprisoned or otherwise justly punished.  Like, is this not the same character we just saw counseling Morgan about not taking life unnecessarily?  

Sometimes I wonder if the writers even read the scripts they write.

11 hours ago, dbunting said:

Hahah re the throat cutting -  ugh. Im glad Eugene actually made a strong decision finally. One of the biggest issues has been the timeline. As I understand it only roughly 2-3 months have passed since Glenn and Abe were killed. The pacing throughout 7-8 has been atrocious. 

6 hours ago, Tears of Lys said:

Yes look I do think they likely will band together and attempt to take Negan out rather than go all out against Rick and Michonne. Maggies dialogue coupled with the tone of the scene seemed off kilter, and I agree she did look to be struggling with the material. 

I just hope the new showrunner can bring the show back to the quality of earlier seasons.

4 hours ago, The Mance said:

I really don’t see a problem with Darryl still wanting to kill Negan after having just let Dwight go on his way.  Its been a slow, incremental process, but I think that Dwight did finally prove that he was sincere in wanting to help the coalition of communities fighting the Saviors.  

It may be too little too late to earn him real redemption in the eyes of everyone who had reason to hate him, and maybe particularly, Darryl, but its at least enough to earn him his life.    

He did relay information and otherwise help Rick n’ co in the early stages of the rebellion, and he risked his life and more on many occasions when he could have betrayed them to gain favor with Negan.  Also, its turns out he didn’t shoot whats-her-name with a soiled arrow, etc.  

All that said, I agree the Godfather Maggie scene was a bit over the top.  No way Maggie and Darryl would be so quick to go behind Rick’s back over this.  Hell, all they really need ot do is wait a few episodes for Rick to flipflop his position on extrajudicial killing again.  But, in particular, there’s no way Jesus would be so intent on seeing someone be killed instead of imprisoned or otherwise justly punished.  Like, is this not the same character we just saw counseling Morgan about not taking life unnecessarily?  

Sometimes I wonder if the writers even read the scripts they write.

Amen ! This was just laughable. For the love of God can we have some character consistency.

Archived