Arrow Season 5: New Thread, New Team, Same Angst...?

Jaxom 1974

Try this thread title on for size for now, but we need a season 5 thread...

Deadshot was imteresting...got away with movie issues by not calling him by character name...

Anyone see the rumor that Prometheus is really:

Spoiler

Tommy Merlyn 

I'm so disappointed that Deadshot wasn't alive, I was hoping he would wash away my memories of Will Smith. Although I guess Flashpoint has opened up the possibility for his survival if it is ever needed down the line.

That was my though regarding Prometheus too. And while I guess I understand the logic behind his outfit, it is till pretty bad.

8 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

I would imagine that the Flashpoint timeline makes anyone a possibility for Prometheus, but that would be a great guess... the downside is that this also means that we're one more Barry fuck-up from having to endure Laurel again

Well, Laurel is happening at some point after the contract she signed this past summer...ready or not.  And she's apparently got one of those "across the Arrowverse" contracts...

Wha...? I missed something. Who's the "human target" dude? OK, he's revealed at the end in the final flashback. But, is he some kind of a meta? I mean, the shots at his Honor, "Ollie", were "through and throughs". We're not talking exploding blood packets under his jacket. What was that all about...?

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Exactly. 

Reveal hidden contents

Seriously though...that you don't see under the Deathstroke mask meaning they couldn't get the actor...

Ahh, I see what you mean. Well it really wasn't that important.

Also, I laughed when Malcom talked about Tommy, since I'm pretty sure that was a direct reference to the actor's current gig.

Massive meh. Really felt like it wanted to be either the hundredth episode, or part of a crossover but not both. The Supergirl and Flash cameo felt bolted on and was pretty feeble, I think that was the shortest "I don't trust you / oh wait I do" arc ever from hockey mask guy, and that's a low bar for this show. 

Where the hell was everyone else? Where did the rest of the Legends go when those 5 got beamed up? And why the hell did they drag out the reveal that when they got beamed UP, by the SPACE aliens who arrived in SPACEships, they turned out be in......space. Yes. Where was I supposed to assume they were? Why on Earth was Thea gonna stay? Why was Ollie OK with it? Yea, I'm sure if you wanna hang around then The Dominators will just keep this doohickey running for the rest of your life, it'll be great. 

Really hope Legends pull it back.

Lots of weirdness for the mid-season finale. And WTF was that ending?!

Loved Felicity's line: "In this city, it seems like we get dead people who are secretly alive every Wednesday". *snicker*

6 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Well they finally did it. The flashbacks have officially caught up with the timeline of the show. :rofl:

Not technically...they haven't finished the Russian storyline yet, though it seems more tightly linked into the current story with the reporter...We'll see. Though if they're going to do a "lost story" set up for flashbacks going forward, that'll blow even worse than the current way of doing them...

That being said, giving a little now tying into year one of Arrow and playing with the consequences of that time...it's okay. But the specificity of who they think Prometheus is because of it tells me that it's a red herring.

I'm still guessing that Prometheus is really: 

Spoiler

Tommy Merlyn 

• 1 month later...

Okay, I'll bite by resurrecting this topic from 2016. So, who would've thought the name "Dinah" would be so common in the CWverse? Heh.

The Arrow crew is so clearly trying to appease both the Black Canary purists and the people who were happy Katie Cassidy's character died by introducing the "real" Black Canary, Dinah Drake. I gotta admit, I didn't see it coming. Dinah Drake is the mother of Dinah "Laurel" Lance in the comics. Arrow already introduced Laurel's mother, Dinah Lance, on the show. Dinah Drake will be yet another "Dinah." It's so bad, but my inner OCD-afflicted nerd became 75% more willing to accept another Black Canary when I learned her name.

I also liked her origin, with her screaming right when the Metahuman wave hit.

On Thursday, December 08, 2016 at 3:09 PM, DaveSumm said:

Dunno if we've heard him speak before but it's Michael Dorn (Worf) isn't it?

Was it?  The voice was so familiar...it was totally bugging me...

And onto the most recent episode as the above quote was I'm bedded into this thread for me for some reason...

I still like the show.  We know I'm a big partisan of it.  But even I winced a little with Oliver and company preaching a better way to Dinah, yet Wild Dog is still using his guns and Ollie put an exploding arrow into an in flight helicopter... :lol:

Archived