[Spoiler/Speculation] What will Tyrion do?

moonlightof1982

Tyrion aligned himself with the people who would dethrone and most likely kill his innocent nephew. This was never addressed. (Of course, he has now conveniently committed suicide, so the point is moot).So I doubt the Marcella issue will even come up.

5 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

Tyrion aligned himself with the people who would dethrone and most likely kill his innocent nephew. This was never addressed. (Of course, he has now conveniently committed suicide, so the point is moot).So I doubt the Marcella issue will even come up.

Hello Mindwalker! I think it should come up. I think the writers would be remiss if they didn't.  He was the one who sent that girl to Dorne and erroneously thought that she would be safe there. I would love to see the look on his face when he realizes the mistake he made. I know he despises Cersei, but Myrcella really loved Tyrion and he, in part, is responsible for her death.   

On 27.10.2016 at 8:28 PM, moonlightof1982 said:

Hello Mindwalker! I think it should come up. I think the writers would be remiss if they didn't.  He was the one who sent that girl to Dorne and erroneously thought that she would be safe there. I would love to see the look on his face when he realizes the mistake he made. I know he despises Cersei, but Myrcella really loved Tyrion and he, in part, is responsible for her death.   

Oh, I agree it should come up, it would make sense and provide a real conflict and maybe even make Tyrion interesting again (to me), I just doubt it will happen. Davos comes to mind, conveniently only remembering to ask a second time about Shireen at the end of the season... Things come up if and when the writers want to deal with them, not when it would feel right (again, for me). So maybe the point will be moot when Tyrion remembers to ask, or something...

On 10/26/2016 at 5:31 PM, moonlightof1982 said:

What will Tyrion do when he realizes he is in league with the people who murdered his niece? Ellaria and the Sand Snakes poisoned Myrcella. Will Tyrion turn his back on his new allies and avenge her death?

This is an interesting thread.

Here's my guess:  Tyrion won't know that Ellaria killed Myrcella until after it's moot (cuz Ellaria will be dead, and so will most of the Sand Snakes, all of them except Tyene), if in fact he ever knows the truth of what happened.

It is extremely unlikely to me that Tyrion is going to show up, say "Hey, whatever happened to Myrcella?' and Ellaria is going to say "Well, I crossed her off with a poisonous kiss b/c the Mountain killed the Red Viper."  My guess is that Ellaria and the Sand Snakes will lie, play dumb and basically say "Oh, Jaime came down here and picked up Myrcella and Trystane.  Far as we know, they are married and living happily in King's Landing.  Hopefully we'll all be seeing them both soon.  We loved Myrcella while she was here, can't wait to see her again."

By the time Tyrion is reunited with Jaime and learns the truth, I strongly believe Ellaria and most of the Sand Snakes will already be dead.

Note also that even though WE know for a fact that Ellaria killed Myrcella, actually even Jaime doesn't know it for a fact.  I'm sure Jaime strongly believes it, and yes, we know he's right, but Jaime doesn't know it for a fact.

But speaking of Jaime and Tyrion, here's another question:  Will Jaime actually try to kill Tyrion like he told Bronn he was going to do while they were sailing to Dorne?  Maybe.  My guess is that if Jaime does try it, Bronn will stop him.

Archived