Who is your favorite villain and why?

moonlightof1982

12 minutes ago, Wrl6199 said:

Wow its rare to here someone defend wader Frey. I mean i have heard people defend other so called villains but i wouldn't really say hes as dependable as some of the others. I mean he did still kill them all for something pretty minor and he still got to marry off one of his daughters to them. 

12 minutes ago, Wrl6199 said:

Wow its rare to here someone defend wader Frey. I mean i have heard people defend other so called villains but i wouldn't really say hes as dependable as some of the others. I mean he did still kill them all for something pretty minor and he still got to marry off one of his daughters to them. 

It wasn't minor.  Robb disrespected a man who lost his first-born son in his service.

Walder actually gets defended a lot on this forum.  It's not just coming from me. 

On 10/27/2016 at 0:29 AM, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

Shakaz mo Kandaq. Now, right now he is not a villain, but I think he might be in the next book. If he does what I think he will do, it will complicate things in Meereen. And even though Shakaz might be ruthless, I sometimes find myself slightly understanding his reasons.

The Shavepate keeps it real. He was great in DANCE. If he were ruling Meereen, it would have been a different round for sure. 

• 1 year later...

What is a villain, though? There are so many different moral codes across the world pretty much everyone breaks some part of them. All the characters are following their own agendas, but whether that makes them a villain or not is questionable. So for my choice, I have to decide who's really a bad person, and who's just a person doing bad things.

The bad people - those who I think should have been drowned at birth, really - in my mind are: Joffrey, Ramsay and Euron. Of these the greastest is Euron, not least because he probably WAS drowned at birth :D.

I know I'm a little bit biased by the 'other thing', though, because the casting was so briilliant. But even in the books, he's just so horrific I can't tear my eyes away - a fantastic baddy, a 'great man' in the Dostoyevskian sense. I hate him so much I love him...

Archived