Brienne of Tarth - Jaime kills her during trial by combat 

Jeyne Westerling - Probably

Walder Frey - Hopefully

Doran Martell - Sickness

Balon Swann - Darkstar kills him

Obara Sand - same as Balon

Areo Hotah - Same as Balon and Obara

Thats who i think dies.

I see; good! Liked the list overall, but couldn't figure possible reasonings for some names, so thought, maybe suggested by how things happen on the show.

So, how did you come to the idea that Rickon dies, w/o any notion of how that happens?

Also I think Stannis needs to be alive for a while longer, if he's the first vision of the "slayer of lies" prophecy, and Dany isn't supposed to land in Westeros at least half if not the whole book. So possibly dead in this book, but the battle of ice seems too soon.

Tyrells puzzle me too; if anything I had a feeling of a possible conspiracy with the faith; for entrapment of Cercei, but I'm not positive.

And Cercei herself is cursed; she, Tommen and Myrcella all need to die given maggy the frog prophecy. Possibly in time for fAegon's conquest, so in this book?

2 hours ago, WilliamDhalgren said:

I see; good! Liked the list overall, but couldn't figure possible reasonings for some names, so thought, maybe suggested by how things happen on the show.

So, how did you come to the idea that Rickon dies, w/o any notion of how that happens?

Also I think Stannis needs to be alive for a while longer, if he's the first vision of the "slayer of lies" prophecy, and Dany isn't supposed to land in Westeros at least half if not the whole book. So possibly dead in this book, but the battle of ice seems too soon.

Tyrells puzzle me too; if anything I had a feeling of a possible conspiracy with the faith; for entrapment of Cercei, but I'm not positive.

And Cercei herself is cursed; she, Tommen and Myrcella all need to die given maggy the frog prophecy. Possibly in time for fAegon's conquest, so in this book?

-I'm not sure about Rickon , the reason i listed him is because i think Jon will be King when the Others attack . There are some hints about Jon becoming King of winter .

- You're  right about Stannis , possible that Dany kills him later . A possible scenario is that Stannis in victourios at Winterfell and moves on to take the Freys in Riverlands. Maybe Stannis comes into conflict with fAegon? 

- I think it's time for the Tyrells to move one ,  but i'm not sure . If not all the Tyrells die i think at least Mace and Garlan will bite it. 

- I forgot to list Myrcella i'm pretty sure she dies too. Tommen and Myrcella should die in this book , so that Cersei will be all alone and will be dealing with fAegon herself . Thats also a reason to kill the Tyrells so that Cersei has no allies . Perhaps the Tyrells joins Aegon against Cersei? 

Littlefinger - Taken down by Sansa

Aegon - The kid might as well have a target as his sigil

Theon - Executed by Stannis

Jaime - We're overdue for a shocking big-name death, and I think his story is done

Victarion - Dead man walking

Lady Stoneheart - Killed by Needle

25 minutes ago, Nevets said:

Littlefinger - Taken down by Sansa

Aegon - The kid might as well have a target as his sigil

Theon - Executed by Stannis

Jaime - We're overdue for a shocking big-name death, and I think his story is done

Victarion - Dead man walking

Lady Stoneheart - Killed by Needle

Where do you think Littlefinger dies? Will Sansa take him out in the Vale or perhaps Winterfell? 

I think Theon will be alive a little longer. 

After reading the Forsaken chapter it seems like Theon is important . After Aeron dra k Shade of evening the Drowned god spoke to him about the true King on Seastone chair , it wasnt Victarion or Asha , it was most likely Theon.

Victarion- One POV left at the most after the sample chapter

Cersei- Taken down by Jaime after she loses her mind... even further

Tommen- A victim of Cersei's insanity

Bolton's- The Northern Conspiracy succeeds

Davos- His Northern smuggling is his last

Brienne- Sacrifices herself to LSH

My list includes members of the Houses and individuals in service to those Houses.

House Lannister: Myrcella - I think she'll die on her way to King's Landing in an ambush or assassination.

Tommen - Not sure. I expect he'll be gutted somehow and Boros Blount won't be able to save him, also dying in the struggle.

Genna - Murdered, possibly at Red Wedding 2.0 (if something to that degree even happens) or by a small coup inside Riverrun.

Daven - He's pretty cool, but if Red Wedding 2.0 does happen, then he's most likely a goner.

Maybe a minor Lannister or two can be added to that.

House Baratheon: Stannis - He'll be killed somehow after he gets rid of the Frey vanguard near Winterfell.

Shireen - It's already been confirmed she will be burned.

Selyse - Possibly suicide like in the show, or some other means.

House Stark: Rickon - I don't mean to let the show dictate my predictions, but his direwolf is named "Shaggydog" and it's widely speculated that his will be a "Shaggydog story", meaning a drawn out plotline that has no lasting impact and ends.

Hodor - :'(

House Bolton: Roose - It's been foreshadowed that he'll be killed by Ramsay and I've always believed he would be.

Ramsay - I don't see the show being too far off with his death towards the end of the book when the Starks no doubt retake Winterfell.

Ben Bones, Damon Dance-for-Me, Sour Alyn, Skinner, Grunt - Sour Alyn and Grunt will no doubt be killed by Ramsay for being fooled by Theon and the spearwives, and the others will most likely drop throughout the book, there's no reason to keep any of them around.

Steelshanks Walton - He's a commander of the Bolton army, so he'll most likely perish in battle.

House Martell: This is a tough one. I don't see Doran, Trystane, and Areo Hotah being so cheaply betrayed like in the show, but I think a Sand Snake, maybe Elia, will bite it.

House TyrellI don't think the result will be much different from the show. I predict Cersei will murder the ones in King's Landing, fully securing the throne after Tommen dies, so I expect MaceMargaery, and Loras to meet their demise.

House GreyjoyVictarion - He thinks he has Euron all figured out and that he'll get Daenerys to himself. He's too confident and I think his hand is cursed by Moqorro.

I think Aeron will live so we have eyes on Euron, but I could be very wrong. Things look very bleak for him.

House Targaryen: Barristan Selmy - killed in the Battle of Meereen, possibly by Victarion.

House FreyEmmon - Killed at Red Wedding 2.0 or by a coup in Riverrun.

Tywin Frey (Emmon's son and heir) - Same as his father to show that revenge isn't always sweet and that kids are not safe.

Aenys - Already known to have died in a trap set by Mors Umber.

Hosteen - No way this lunatic survives. He may fall victim to the frozen lake or be betrayed by Hother Umber after Hother learns he decapitated Mors and put his head on a spear.

Fat Walda - If Ramsay takes charge, and I see no reason why he won't, then she can't be in his way. 

Big Walder - His fate could go either way. If he survives, he'll be the only member of House Frey that went North that does so.

Edwyn - Murdered by Black Walder or by some other means. I don't see George not putting Black Walder in charge of the Twins.

Walda (daughter of Edwyn) - I think it's mentioned that she's next in line after Edwyn, so this poor girl will either be killed or prevented from inheriting the Twins.

Lord Walder Frey - He'll probably die in his sleep.

More Freys involved in the Red Wedding or whatever Frey George decides to give attention to.

Upgrading my list:

Cersei Lannister - Jaime kills her when she reveals her plan about burning KL with wildfire 

Lady Stoneheart - BwB turns on her and Jaime might be the one to do the deed

Brienne of Tarth - Sacfrifices herself so that Jaime can live. Might be revived by Thoros.

Doran Martell - Dies of sickness.

Myrcella Baratheon - Will be given to Aegon by the Martells . JonCon kills her.

Trystane Martell - Killed when the Yronwoods takes over Dorne.

Areo Hotah - Killed by Darkstar

Petyr Baelish - Sansa poisons him

Walder Frey and some other Freys - Red Wedding 2.0

Obara Sand - Killed by Darkstar

Balon Swann - Darkstar

Nymeria Sand - Head smashed by Gregor

Barristan Selmy - Dies during the battle of Mereen

Darioo Naharis - Same as above 

Grey Worm - Same as above 

Daven Lannister - Red wedding 2.0

Jeyne Westerling - Lannister soldiers kills her to prevent her from escaping

Blackfish - Not sure , but i think he dies 

Sybell Spicer - Hanged by those who tries to rescue Jeyne( either BwB or Blackfish) 

Mors and Hother Umber - Dies fighting 

Raff - Arya kills him 

Harry the heir - Dies in a mountain clan attack 

Mychel Redfort - Killed by Lothor Brune

Mya Stone - Comitts suicide because Mychel died

Lothor Brune - Comitts suicide because Mya dies

• 2 weeks later...

Tommen Baratheon - poisoned by Varys

Myrcella Baratheon - killed by Sand Snakes

Stannis Baratheon - Dies after the Northeners leave him

Selyse Baratheon - Killed during the chaos at the Wall

Shireen Baratheon - Sacrificed by Melisandre

High Sparrow - Cersei kills him (possibly by wildfire)

Margaery Tyrell - executed by Cersei

Mace Tyrell - killed at the battle of Storm's End

Loras Tyrell - killed by Robert Strong

Aeron Greyjoy - Dies during the attack on Oldtown 

Victarion Greyjoy - his plan to get a dragon backfires 

Roose Bolton - killed by Ramsay

Ramsay Bolton - Executed by Stannis

Barristan Selmy - Survives the battle of Fire but dies when they fight with Volantis

Bowen Marsh - Executed by Jon 

Lady Stoneheart - Brienne or Blackfish kill her out of mercy

Brienne of Tarth - Jaime kills her during trial by combat 

Jeyne Westerling (and all Westerlings) - executed by Stoneheart

Walder Frey - killed by Arya/Nymeria

Daven Lannister - Killed at the Red Wedding 2.0

Genna Lannister - Same

Emmon Frey - Same

Balon Swann - Darkstar kills him

Obara Sand - Same as Balon

Areo Hotah - Same as Balon and Obara

Hizdar zo Loraq - Shavepate excuted him during the battle of Fire

Theon Greyjoy - dies at the Wall protecting a Stark

Asha Greyjoy - dies during the battle of Ice

Littlefinger - executed by Sansa

Harry Hardyng - murdered by LF

Disagree with some of what people have mentioned. Can't imagine Brienne dying before Jaime to be honest! I always thought Brienne would be one of the end game survivors but I suppose she could end up biting in in the LSH encounter somehow, saving Pod and Jaime. Why would Brienne and Jaime be in a trial by combat though? And can you really imagine Jaime being so convinced of the worth of his own life that he would kill Brienne? 

Myrcella and Tommen pretty much have targets on their heads, and following their deaths Cersei will die at Jaime's hand. I think the jury is out on how Myrcella and Tommen die though, Myrcella is currently minus an ear so its more likely she'll die of infection than anything as I think Doran will try and keep her safe in the Water Gardens. Tommen seems most likely to die from an extreme case of Sand Snake, specifically Nym poisoning him. 

I think Theon's time is almost up too, mercifully, and can't see Victorian, Aeron or Euron surviving the WoW. I think Asha will be the only Greyjoy left standing.

Hopefully the Boltons and the Freys will suffer extreme losses, though I have this feeling Walder Frey might out-live most of his heirs! Not sure I see Arya killing him tbh, think that was probably a show invention and not a particularly good reading on Arya's character. The Battle of Ice and the Battle of Fire are both going to have heavy losses so I agree that we may have a bit of character cull in those areas.

I'm holding out for a bunch of the Martells and Sand Snakes surviving too. Darkstar is not gonna turn out to be some big badass who kills Areo and Obara and Balon. At least I will be headdesking if he does.

I think Raff, Jojen and Shireen have all pretty much been confirmed/spoiled by the show right? 

4 hours ago, blacken said:

Disagree with some of what people have mentioned. Can't imagine Brienne dying before Jaime to be honest! I always thought Brienne would be one of the end game survivors but I suppose she could end up biting in in the LSH encounter somehow, saving Pod and Jaime. Why would Brienne and Jaime be in a trial by combat though? And can you really imagine Jaime being so convinced of the worth of his own life that he would kill Brienne? 

Myrcella and Tommen pretty much have targets on their heads, and following their deaths Cersei will die at Jaime's hand. I think the jury is out on how Myrcella and Tommen die though, Myrcella is currently minus an ear so its more likely she'll die of infection than anything as I think Doran will try and keep her safe in the Water Gardens. Tommen seems most likely to die from an extreme case of Sand Snake, specifically Nym poisoning him. 

I think Theon's time is almost up too, mercifully, and can't see Victorian, Aeron or Euron surviving the WoW. I think Asha will be the only Greyjoy left standing.

Hopefully the Boltons and the Freys will suffer extreme losses, though I have this feeling Walder Frey might out-live most of his heirs! Not sure I see Arya killing him tbh, think that was probably a show invention and not a particularly good reading on Arya's character. The Battle of Ice and the Battle of Fire are both going to have heavy losses so I agree that we may have a bit of character cull in those areas.

I'm holding out for a bunch of the Martells and Sand Snakes surviving too. Darkstar is not gonna turn out to be some big badass who kills Areo and Obara and Balon. At least I will be headdesking if he does.

I think Raff, Jojen and Shireen have all pretty much been confirmed/spoiled by the show right? 

We know Jojen will die though, the book all but explicitly say Jojen will meet his end when he gets back home to Greywater. It's a long journey back to the Neck so it's possible his death won't happen until ADOS, although the book sort of seems to be foreshadowing him being wrong about his green dreams always coming true so who knows. We know Shireen, Raff, Hodor and Aenys are either dead or going to die so no prediction is necessary for them.

I'll try to go into detail about why/how people will die.

We didn't lose too many people in AFFC/ADWD and winter has come so there are going to be heavy casualties. Tommen and Myrcella will certainly die, we know that due to the prophecy. I think Myrcella will be a casualty of either the Dornish plot or FAegon. I could see Tommen dying in front of Cersei with her being unable to stop it and that being a catalyst for her to go berserk with Wildfire, wiping out all of the Tyrells in KL along with the Sparrows and a whole lot of innocent people.

I think FAegon will die and when he does, JonCon will soon follow. I can see FAegon getting cocky, screwing up and being captured as a traitor (perhaps alongside JC). That would lead to both of them being executed or if only FAegon is captured JC will feel he's failed Rhaegar all over again and either do a suicidal charge or straight-up kill himself. There is no way JC will live - FAegon can't succeed, he can't deal with the guilt of 'being responsible' for the death of his beloved Rhaegar's son and he feels he's doomed because of the greyscale anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ramsay died in Winds because he's never going to flip and aid in the fight against the Others and he's nowhere near the threat level of the Long Night. He was the major villain of the North but the wights are going to invade and that would make him meaningless in comparison, so he's got to go. I feel like the Northern Conspiracy will finally bear fruit with him. I don't think he'll be killed or captured because of the battle with Stannis, though.

I definitely believe more people will die than the ones I've mentioned but I can't really give solid hows and whys so I'm not going to bother listing them. They've more or less all been covered by other people's lists anyway.

I don't think it's Cersei or Jaime's time quite yet.

Beyond that I'm not really certain of anything.

In terms of what I consider important deaths, I would say:

North:  Shireen, Rickon, Roose Bolton, Ramsay, Jojen, and Hodor. 

South:  Tommen, Myrcella, High Sparrow, Marg, Mace, Queen of Thorns, Areo Hotah and Dorah Martell.   

Essos:  Barristan, Aeron, Daario and Victarion, 

As far as means for some of them:

Shireen is burned by Mel.  Rickon is already dead when Davos lands on Skagos.  Roose is killed by Ramsay, who is then killed by Jon.  Jojen is paste.  Hodor holds....something.  

Tommen is killed by Varys.  Myrcella by...I'm not sure, actually.  High Sparrow, Marg, Mace and Olenna by Wildfire.  Areo is betrayed by Obara.  Doran simply dies of his severe gout.  

Barristan is killed by Victarion.  Aeron is killed by Euron.  Daario is also killed by Euron.  Victarion is killed by...Jon Snow.

That last one is pretty crackpot, I know.  I'm basing it on my theory that Winds will have a large naval battle in the Narrow Sea towards the end that involves many characters converging.  Basically, the North (Manderly's fleet), Euron and Dany's people in one large clusterfuck of a battle, complete with actual Krakens and Dragons.  Otherwise, Victarion is simply eaten by Drogon.    

A while back, I wrote my own predictions down in one of the threads around here.  Since then some I've continued to believe in, others I've changed my mind about.  Between the show, and talking things through with my sister (who hasn't read the books but I've read her parts and we tend to work together with things, this is what I'm thinking now.  I do expect there to be more, but the ones I've been thinking of lately are these.

Meereen:

Barristan - At this point I feel like he might live the battle, but Victarion will axe him a question if he does.

Daario - Thinking he might be one of Dany's betrayers, and she'll roast him for it, if he hasn't been killed already.

Dorne:

Doran - As much as I hate to say it, I have felt like he was a goner since it was mentioned that Areo Hotah left his side.  Darkstar may take the chance to slip in and kill him.  Or perhaps grief over sending Quentyn to his death will do it.

One of Hotah's group: At least.  I think Darkstar will take at least one down and flee, or Obara will betray them.  I'd say Swann or Hotah is more likely to die, but leaning towards Swann.

One or more Sands - Perhaps Nymeria, killed by Cersei out of mistrust, or because she kills Tommen.

Mycrella - If she isn't already.  I don't fully by the "She died of infection/poison when Darkstar cut her ear off and Balon Swann saw her cousin/subsititue" theory, but either way she's got a target on her back.

Iron Islands: 

Asha - I read a theory that she'll die in the Battle of Ice, near the Weirwood she was terrified of and become a blood sacrifice.  I like it, especially since I think Theon will be around a lot longer.

Aeron - Unless he wiggles out and swims free, or Euron doesn't kill him and instead forces him to be a living figurehead during the battle, he's in a tough spot.

The Reach - 

Margaery - I've had the idea for a while that with Tyene on the panel of septas, she'll find her guilty just to cause more trouble.

Mace - If he loses Marg, he's going to start something, and it won't end well.

King's Landing - 

Tommen - Dead kid walking, just like his sister.  Kind of think he'll be poisoned, or perhaps killed by Ser Robert Strong accidentially during Cersei's Trial by Combat.

Lancel - I expect him to be Cersei's opponent in Trial by Combat, as he is the one accusing her, after all.

High Sparrow - If Cersei lives, and loses her rival in the process, she's going to take this one down, too.

The North - 

Roose - Will probably be killed by Ramsay.

Ramsay - Killed after Winterfell is retaken in the Stark's name.  I do wish personally Roose would kill Ramsay, but he's more formidable of an opponent.

Shireen - We know this one is coming.  I kind of feel like either Stannis dies, as in the show, or Melisandre thinks he is dead and wants to use King's Blood to revive him, or she does it to revive Jon, who she has now realized is Azor Ahai.  Either way, I think it might be her death to bring Jon back.

I know I'm missing places, and some I left out that we already know (like Hodor), but some I'm not sure of like Victarion and JonCon, or the deaths in Oldtown and the Riverlands, except obviously the idea of the Red Wedding 2.0.  Some, like Stannis, I think will live longer, as I think he'll either die by Dany or fighting the Others.

I also know how the show has done things.  Cersei might go her wildfire route, I'm pretty sure we all expect her to.  I just don't think it'll be via her trial.  I think once Dany or Aegon gets too close to King's Landing after she's taken it for herself and/or with Euron, she'll burn it, letting them rule over ashes, as Aerys had planned.  I also feel Jaime will kill her, but not until the last book.

As for Brienne, I do feel she would throw a Trial by Combot for Jaime, dying in his arms with him knighting her before she dies.  It's too sweet to happen, and I doubt Lady Stoneheart will do Trial by Combat like Beric did.  She's more for hanging first, ask questions later.

As for Rickon, I feel like he is definitely going to be a shaggydog story, but I kind of expect him to be too wild to rule, not dead when Davos gets there.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, funny thread ! My purposes for some characters (not all), with the reasons : 

- Margaery : like precedent post, I bet the tribunal will say she is guilty and require death, but I don't know if Tyene will play a part. 

- Myrcella : not the death, but the Silent Sister, when she will discover her real parrentage, and how she is a considered as a pawn on the game of thrones (that doesn't mean she won't die after, for example with a huge KL destruction). 

- Roose Bolton : killed by Barbrey Dustin, who will avvenge his beloved Domeric and beloved sister. I think actually that Barbrey Dustin is convinced that Roose killed Domeric and Bethany (and all his others children) with the help/complicity of his maester. And when she seems to accuse Ramsay, she just play a part to abuse Roose, her real target. And even perhaps she doesn't really except Ned's bones, but will give Roose's body to her dogs. 

At the end of ADWD, I think Bolton had left Winterfell with the Ryswell and the Dustin, and let alone Ramsay with the Frey, the Manderly and the Umber : a manner to make them disappear against Stannis, while the battle will weaken Stannis' army (if he win), or the contrary : both cases, Bolton play to be the "winner" (and above all to survive and assure the survival of his house with Walda Frey's future children)

- Ramsay Bolton : "alone" at Winterfell, finaly killed by his she-dogs

- Barristan Selmy : most hesitations about him. In one way, I imagine his death at the end of the Meereen's battle, when he has won, with a Tolosi bullet (it would be a reference to d'Artagnan's death); in another way, I imagine he has nor long time in the serie and will return at Westeros to fight against the Others, like in Tyrion's dream (in ADWD). 50/50

- Victarion Greyjoy: very interesting case, indeed. I bet after Euron have stolen his wife, and his victories, and his men, he will stole his body. Yes, Victarion warged by Euron, who will arrive at Meereen just after the battle to gather all fruits. As Moqorro says : 

"I have seen you in the nightfires, Victarion Greyjoy. You come striding through the flames stern and fierce, your great axe dripping blood, blind to the tentacles that grasp you at wrist and neck and ankle, the black strings that make you dance." (ADWD, The iron Suitor)

• 1 month later...

Fun thread!

In the North, I think the following deaths occur:

- Stannis - dies in battle at the Village

- Theon (or maybe Asha, but I think Theon) - Stannis sacrifices him before the battle.  He has kings blood, after all. I don't think he forgets that just because Theon is trying to redeem himself.

- Roose and Ramsay - Both die in the aftermath of the Manderly betrayal, which secures the North for the Manderlys.  

In the Riverlands:

- Walder Frey and many other Freys along with him, at the hands of a variety of people.  The Frey family tree will be pruned to a significant extent.

- Either Jamie or Brienne.  But I have a feeling the one who dies will be seen again.

- Lady Stoneheart. Whatever was driving her unlife is complete, so she is able to rest.

In the Vale:

- Sweetrobin - Another step in Littlefinger's plans is complete.

In Kings Landing:

- Tommen and Myrcella - doesn't matter exactly how, but it is necessary to advance the plot

In Dorne:

- Doran.  He dies just because he's lame.

In Braavos:  

- The Waif.  Because Arya has to kill her to take her place.

In Meereen: 

- Selmy - Dies nobly, but stupidly.

- Meereen - the whole damn city. Dracarys.  Now, can we please just go to Westeros?

Archived