Brandon Sanderson novels optioned for cinema for insano-money

Werthead

44 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

Wow that happened fast on the Stormlight screenplay... although I guess it is just a first draft.  Still curious to see how they condense it down for the screen (assuming it ever sees the screen)

Thought it sounded fast too.  Maybe they got Sanderson to write it in between young adult novel projects.  :lol:

Well the movie script is only going to be c. 120 pages long, which means they're only adapting the first part of the film or will be condensing the story down to about 12% of the novel's length. Writing a script draft is much, much faster than writing a novel.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fantasy/comments/5t9nyy/iamonce_againa_novelist_named_brandon_sanderson/ddla9kp/

Hi Brandon, big fan of yours here and I'm super pumped for Oathbringer. I am curious to know what the status of the Mistborn movie is. Is it still in talks? Or has that been pushed aside for the upcoming Way of Kings movie?

DMG owns both Way of King sand Mistborn. They bought Way of Kings first, while Mistborn was under contract to someone else, and started developing a screenplay. When Mistborn was free from previous contracts, they bought that too, and started development on that.

So Way of Kings is a little further along, but Mistborn is catching up, because of how much easier it is to adapt. I'm pleased by the progress so far, but haven't read the screenplay yet.

Archived