Do you think Daenerys and Jon Snow

Feologild

On 31. 10. 2016 at 7:01 PM, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I don't think that in the series they will find about it before they turn the typical and boring male lead character and female lead character fall for each other.

You mean epic. :P

On 30. 10. 2016 at 11:53 PM, Feologild said:

Will find out that they are aunt and nephew ?

I suspect they will but after they have sex with each other, and fall in love or develop strong romantic feelings for one another. It will complicate things for them and others.

7 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

No I mean boring, overused, tedious and common. Almost everyone has used this pattern; the two leading characters fell in love :ack: And people claim that Jon being the final King is boring...

Their relationship could be a lot of things but not boring. It will be intense and later with Jon's reveal also very interesting how he approah it and how she will react to it. If what we've been told is true, he might be legitimate as it was hinted in the books. Common yes or used in other movies or literature. It depends of it's written and portrayed on tv screen. George put a lot of work to it, D&D too.

I know you want Val with Jon and they might get together for the time being, but her being excluded from the tv story means something. She either dies or not playing that significant part.

10 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

I know you want Val with Jon and they might get together for the time being, but her being excluded from the tv story means something. She either dies or not playing that significant part.

IMNSHO this is utter bs. There are two different canons.

Their relationship could be a lot of things but not boring. It will be intense and later with Jon's reveal also very interesting how he approah it and how she will react to it. If what we've been told is true, he might be legitimate as it was hinted in the books. Common yes or used in other movies or literature. It depends of it's written and portrayed on tv screen. George put a lot of work to it, D&D too.

It would be boring since this is what happens the leading male and leadind female character fall for each other is the oldrest cliche in the world. Not even JRRT who according people in here was boring, didn't used that cliche.

51 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

IMNSHO this is utter bs. There are two different canons.

It would be boring since this is what happens the leading male and leadind female character fall for each other is the oldrest cliche in the world. Not even JRRT who according people in here was boring, didn't used that cliche.

No they're really not. If Val is endgame for Jon in the books, she would've been in the show and for the record, I like Val. Well, I do like wildlings in general Tormund,Ygritte, Mance, Wun Wun or Varamyr. Same it would be with Sansa, Dany or Arya. Road, dialog and all that could be different but key things would be same and endgame woman for Jon can count int that category. At one point I thought Jon and Sansa is going to be endgame pair, since based on their scenes in season 6 but probably won't.

Hidden prince is old cliche troupe but hey it might work out well eventually. If Jon becomes King. George's story is ffilled with cliche stuff, so this won't be the only one.

2 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

If Val is endgame for Jon in the books, she would've been in the show and for the record,

I still found it bs. There are so many things that have change between books and series that now they ended up being two different things.

2 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Hidden prince is old cliche troupe but hey it might work out well eventually. If Jon becomes King. George's story is ffilled with cliche stuff, so this won't be the only one.

Jon isn't a hidden prince, it's a hidden King like Aragorn. In any case in the books Dany being with Jon have almost no foreshadowing. So if I had to choose between D&D's fanfiction and GRRM's text I would choose GRRM.

Some folks can't understand how rhaegar being jon's father is completely wasted material on a character emotional aspect, there is no presence of the guy in any of jon's memories, it can work for the reader via clues but the character feels jack, waste of potencial drama... "Oh, my father was a guy who died before i was born, and who's greatest feat was tanking a warhammer with his chest and perish while doing so"  WOW FASCINATING

11 hours ago, Laughing Storm Reborn said:

Some folks can't understand how rhaegar being jon's father is completely wasted material on a character emotional aspect, there is no presence of the guy in any of jon's memories, it can work for the reader via clues but the character feels jack, waste of potencial drama... "Oh, my father was a guy who died before i was born, and who's greatest feat was tanking a warhammer with his chest and perish while doing so"  WOW FASCINATING

Jon is product of someone who he was supposed to hate, after what he had done to their family. He is in fact part of their family, maybe even legitimate Targaryen. Plenty of stuff in the books and show suggets he's not a Stark, he has their blood but he's not a Stark. In fact he might be a Targaryen. He has no memories of Lyanna or never met her but yet it will offer his emotional aspect to his character to know the truth. It will be satisfying to him but yet devstating that Ned is not his father, like a biological father. Ned will always be his real father and someone to look up. Also what it offers to Jon and Dany relationship and his future.

On 2. 11. 2016 at 6:59 PM, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I still found it bs. There are so many things that have change between books and series that now they ended up being two different things.

Jon isn't a hidden prince, it's a hidden King like Aragorn. In any case in the books Dany being with Jon have almost no foreshadowing. So if I had to choose between D&D's fanfiction and GRRM's text I would choose GRRM.

I know people wil go on that book and show are different. They know George's ending and what he planned. If his endgame partner is Dany, so it will be in the books. Same with Arya or Sansa. Val just seems as another step for him to grow from. I like her ,really do but it more and more seems this way. Simple life for him with her might've been better and I would be happy for him, but it's never easy with Jon. I doubt Val would be accepted as Queen anyway.

Jon and Dany got plenty of foreshadowing in the books, more than show., We can argue that Jon and Arya too. Show can be that subtle because if they does ,it'll be like with Shireen. Hidden prince, King you know what I mean. It's another trope. Books are filled with it, cliche stuff and popular tropes.

Nobody is saying Jon and Dany will happily ever fater or that Jon will be King because he is son of Rhaegar. That's not what George is doing. Tropes are there but they'll be turned on it's head. Since ending is known to D&D, road is different but if Dany is endgame partner for jon in the show, it'll be in the books.Simple as that. Just like Shireen will die but we don't know who will do it, that might differ. We don't exact scenes, how their relationship will develop (will it be frost from the beginning or  not and so on, and what theylLl be facing but in the end it's the same thing.

On 11/2/2016 at 1:59 PM, Jon's Queen Consort said:

They've already said that around 2014, they went with George and found out the general trajectory of the story. They went through about a dozen main characters and found out the fate of those characters. They know who sits the IT in the end and who lives and dies. If Jon and Dany get together in the show, they most likely will in the books as well

They don't know how George is getting to the end (and George doesn't either as he is the type of writer who doesn't outline and prefers to let the story move as it goes) but they know how it ends and they are going there too

And there is plenty of foreshadowing for the two in the book. People have dismissed it over the years because they don't like the idea of it but the 'bride of fire' prophecy is stronger evidence for who Jon ends up with than any other character in the story (Arya, Sansa, Val, etc..)

8 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

I doubt Val would be accepted as Queen anyway.

Since Nymeria was accepted there is no reason why Val shouldn't be accepted.

Jon and Dany got plenty of foreshadowing in the books,

They really don't have foreshadowings. 

the end it's the same thing.

I don't agree.

7 hours ago, principenoprometido said:

Daenerys / jon is but fanservice trash.

QFT.

3 hours ago, Commander Jon Snow said:

And there is plenty of foreshadowing for the two in the book.

To quote myself; They really don't have foreshadowings. 

3 hours ago, Commander Jon Snow said:

If Jon and Dany get together in the show, they most likely will in the books as well

You would be correct if the show hadn't end up to be D&D's fanfiction.

This is one of the major problems I have with this site in that a small group of people cannot accept that the main events happening in the show are coming in the books too - only the details will be different.  Based upon the leaks it seems Dany and Jon will initially hook up and probably it will go sour once Jon's true parentage and claim to the throne come out, D&D will not be simply making this up they will have got it from GRRM but no doubt there will be differences between how this plays out.

Jon is product of someone who he was supposed to hate, after what he had done to their family. He is in fact part of their family, maybe even legitimate Targaryen. Plenty of stuff in the books and show suggets he's not a Stark, he has their blood but he's not a Stark. In fact he might be a Targaryen. He has no memories of Lyanna or never met her but yet it will offer his emotional aspect to his character to know the truth. It will be satisfying to him but yet devstating that Ned is not his father, like a biological father. Ned will always be his real father and someone to look up. Also what it offers to Jon and Dany relationship and his future.

i'm in the vanguard of the camp who will be extremely disapointed if jon does not consider Ned his ONLY father, because he was, period... sperm donors are only that, donors...

but i´m also in the camp that dany-jon interactions would be better if jon IS NOT a targ... aunt-nephew dialogue (even non-romantically)?? naah, that's boring to me

and to me, dany as the only targaryen brings more to her side, the true balance between ice and fire, not only one person... if jon is a targ, it takes away from dany´s part of the story, wich is BEING THE LAST TARG...

i as a writer would not take away from one angle, and put on the other, jon as a stark (and non-targ) and dany as a full targ is truly a great in-story balance, not jon-azor ahai-hail rhaeman and lyanna tumblr romance-bla bla-boring as hell... again, imo

1 hour ago, JonSnowed said:

This is one of the major problems I have with this site in that a small group of people cannot accept that the main events happening in the show are coming in the books too - only the details will be different.  Based upon the leaks it seems Dany and Jon will initially hook up and probably it will go sour once Jon's true parentage and claim to the throne come out, D&D will not be simply making this up they will have got it from GRRM but no doubt there will be differences between how this plays out.

To quote GRRM

So, you may see some extremely shocking things in the show that come up in the next season or two, but I'm not sure you could consider them spoilers,’ because they’re never gonna happen in the books. They can't happen in the books, because the show and the books have gone down different roads.

1 hour ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

To quote GRRM

So the Hound isn't alive, Jon isn't resurrected, Hodor does not mean "hold the door," Shireen isn't sacrificed, Valyrian steel does not kill White Walkers, Rhaegar and Lyanna are not Jon's parents, Cersei does not burn down King's Landing, Tyrion does not become Dany's Hand, Dany does not take over the khalasar, Arya does not leave the Faceless Men, the Children of the Forest did not create the White Walkers, Bran does not become the Three Eyed Raven, etc.?

1 hour ago, Dragon in the North said:

So the Hound isn't alive, Jon isn't resurrected, Hodor does not mean "hold the door," Shireen isn't sacrificed, Valyrian steel does not kill White Walkers, Rhaegar and Lyanna are not Jon's parents, Cersei does not burn down King's Landing, Tyrion does not become Dany's Hand, Dany does not take over the khalasar, Arya does not leave the Faceless Men, the Children of the Forest did not create the White Walkers, Bran does not become the Three Eyed Raven, etc.?

So in the books, Did Sansa go to Winterfell to marry Ramsay and get raped? Did Jon got the pink letter before he was assassinated? Did Drogon come to save Daenerys in Daznak's pit? Was Margaery arrested because she lied about her brother? Did Kevan die in the sept because of Wildfire? Did Qyburn kill Pycelle? Did Tyrion kill his father because of Shae? Does Varys support Dany? Did Stannis take his daughter to battle? Did Davos become Jon's fanboy? Did Barristan die before Dany's disappearence? Did Brienne kill anyone who says hi to her and set throughout her arc waiting to storm a castle all by herself? was Ellaria mad who only cares about revenge™?

Archived