Do you think Daenerys and Jon Snow

Feologild

4 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Jon would never marry Dany as a result of embracing his Targ side, following their traditions. That would be the last thing he would do. First of all, even if he is a targ, he has not been raised as one, so he' will not be like an ordinary Targ. Never. Ever. He is Stark in heart. And if he married Dany it would not be for this reason. Just imagine Jon saying: "Ok, now I'm a Targ, I have to behave the way targs do". Can you? I just can't. And among the Targ traditions, this one is just the worst he would choose. He'd not do that to "be a Targ". And I highly doubt marrying between relatives is something that he has in his blood and now will appear out of a sudden, LOL. Not even all Targs did that...

Of course Starks have never married in their family to the extent of Targs; they have never married between siblings during centuries and one can count with the fingers of a hand how many "cousin-type" or marriages alike have been during generations, and as many people have pointed out when talking about this topic, it has not even always been between cousins (more like cousins once removed) and/or with forced situations. Not only that, but these marriages are a minority. So Jon could not apply the traditions of the Stark family to "be a Targ".

Targ family tree

Stark family tree

being the last ones alive from the Targ family is not a reason to arry between eachothe On the contrary, they could continue the Targ lineage separately.

So, lets say Jon and Dany hook up (boat sex, dragon sex, I could care less). This happens before the two find out they are related. Everything is all fine and dandy, right?

Dany gets preggers

Then they find out they are Aunt and Nephew........

Now what does Jon do?

I hope that Jon takes his parentage well. About Jon/Dany happening in the show, I really hope not. I think it's too stereotypical for them to get together like some of the Jon/Dany shippers from the book. And the incest Aunt/Nephew bothers me on so many levels like really?  But that's my two cents. 

I wonder if he'll go full Stark or Targaryen mode or try his best to become both? It's up the air right now. And at least Dany will know that she's not alone with her nephew alive and kicking. 

On 9/1/2017 at 2:11 AM, Ice Spider said:

So, lets say Jon and Dany hook up (boat sex, dragon sex, I could care less). This happens before the two find out they are related. Everything is all fine and dandy, right?

Dany gets preggers

Then they find out they are Aunt and Nephew........

Now what does Jon do?

I hope Jon goes away from more incest even if it hurts.

10 hours ago, Winds of Winter blow cold said:

Oh, come on! They've been working up to Kit/Emilia-Jon/Dany getting together since before the show started! :lmao: To many fans voted for "fuck" over "fight" for them not to at least have them have sex!

Fans are not writing the story.

16 hours ago, Heileen said:

I hope that Jon takes his parentage well. About Jon/Dany happening in the show, I really hope not. I think it's too stereotypical for them to get together like some of the Jon/Dany shippers from the book. And the incest Aunt/Nephew bothers me on so many levels like really?  But that's my two cents. 

Yes, Incest really bothers a  lot of people, in fact. And there's been quite a lot of it in the show. Enough.

I wonder if he'll go full Stark or Targaryen mode or try his best to become both? It's up the air right now. And at least Dany will know that she's not alone with her nephew alive and kicking. 

That's what I'd like to see. The two last targs meeting eachother, but not having boat sex.

27 minutes ago, Winds of Winter blow cold said:

If the incest really bothers some people...then I would say this is really the wrong show & set of books to be following! -duh- I mean if something that is so central to the story isn't your cup of tea, it doesn't make sense to follow it.

Certainly, there is quite a lot of incest in this story, but it has been portrayed as a bad thing, even with central characters-if this is what you mean by central to the story-. Not liking the two main protagonists who have never seen eachother and are relatives to be involved romantically is a perfect option to choose.

8 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I hope Jon goes away from more incest even if it hurts.

So, Jon would abandoned Dany, even though she is pregnant with his child, and leave that child to be raised a bastard? Seriously? Your moral compass is seriously flawed. 

4 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Certainly, there is quite a lot of incest in this story, but it has been portrayed as a bad thing, even with central characters-if this is what you mean by central to the story-. Not liking the two main protagonists who have never seen eachother and are relatives to be involved romantically is a perfect option to choose.

Has it? Seems to have been portrayed as a relatively mixed bag if you asked me. And the show's central theme has not been about incest, rather children raised as bastards, or not by their natural parents. 

1 hour ago, Ice Spider said:

So, Jon would abandoned Dany, even though she is pregnant with his child, and leave that child to be raised a bastard? Seriously? Your moral compass is seriously flawed. 

What? I didn't mention pregnancies or abandoned children at all. I really hope boat sex doesn't happen, and if it does, Jon goes away from it as soon as he knows they are relatives (I don't want boat sex to happen).

1 hour ago, Ice Spider said:

Has it? Seems to have been portrayed as a relatively mixed bag if you asked me.

And the show's central theme has not been about incest, rather children raised as bastards, or not by their natural parents. 

Craster's daughters and wives, twincest as the most toxic relationship of the story, then we have Viserys mentioning how Targaryens married each other and how evil he was with Dany. I don't think that is a mixed bag, but negative.

I don't state that incest is the show's central theme. 

1 hour ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I would hope Jon would be grossed out when he finds out if in fact they do have..... relations.

Bye incest!

@Meera of Tarth

No, but you quoted my post in which I did. Normal context would be your response was to my question? So, I will ask the question again. If Dany and Jon have sex "Before" either of them know they are related, then they can't be blamed correct?  If the end result of the sex is Dany gets pregnant with Jon's child, doesn't that leave Jon with a dilemma? What should he do? It's a perfect plot twist.  

26 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

@Meera of Tarth

No, but you quoted my post in which I did. Normal context would be your response was to my question? So, I will ask the question again. If Dany and Jon have sex "Before" either of them know they are related, then they can't be blamed correct?

If the end result of the sex is Dany gets pregnant with Jon's child, doesn't that leave Jon with a dilemma? What should he do? It's a perfect plot twist.  

Correct, it's not the characters' fault. They don't know they are related.

He should be his father. This child would be the heir of the 7kingdoms so he would not be tagged as a bastard, because his mother would be the Queen. Her status is higher than his. He could be just his father like Ned was to him. But I think he would and should go away from her as well. After all, just one night of boat sex might produce a child, but it doesn't change the fact the fact she is your aunt. That's a dilemma. And everything is unnecessary, boring, and we have had plenty of it (incest issues). 

57 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

He should be his father. This child would be the heir of the 7kingdoms so he would not be tagged as a bastard, because his mother would be the Queen. Her status is higher than his. He could be just his father like Ned was to him. But I think he would and should go away from her as well. After all, just one night of boat sex might produce a child, but it doesn't change the fact the fact she is your aunt. That's a dilemma. And everything is unnecessary, boring, and we have had plenty of it (incest issues). 

Here is another twist, if Jon lives and for some reasons of legality, he is actually Rheagar's true heir and not Dany, then he is King and she is not even Queen unless they marry in some convoluted way. Jon would not have to legitimize him or her depending on potential incest baby (his child would also be his first cousin). Dany would be, well, nothing really, legally that is, in Westeros.

21 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Here is another twist, if Jon lives and for some reasons of legality, he is actually Rheagar's true heir and not Dany, then he is King and she is not even Queen unless they marry in some convoluted way. Jon would not have to legitimize him or her depending on potential incest baby (his child would also be his first cousin). Dany would be, well, nothing really, legally that is, in Westeros.

I don't get this post. First of all, Rhaegar was not the King, Dany's father was, so your original assumption is wrong. Second of all, due to conquest, the only "heir" that would have a  legitimate right to the throne would be a Baratheon. This is all a moot point if Dany conquers Westeros. 

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Unless they never find out, Bran dies, or chooses to keep it hidden from them. 

17 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

I don't get this post. First of all, Rhaegar was not the King, Dany's father was, so your original assumption is wrong. Second of all, due to conquest, the only "heir" that would have a  legitimate right to the throne would be a Baratheon. This is all a moot point if Dany conquers Westeros. 

If Jon is legit. Dany really has no claim above Jon.

38 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

Unless they never find out, Bran dies, or chooses to keep it hidden from them

This is an interesting point because it could be a dilemma for Bran as well.  Would it best to tell them pre-war (and put cracks in their relationship thus risking the unity of the several factions) or post-war (and guarantee unity thus giving them the best chance to defeat the Others.  But it would require Bran being somewhat dishonest because he's concealing an important truth)?  What would be the right thing to do in this regard (what would Ned do lol)?  I'm certain Bran will let Jon know at some point, the question is when?

Now I'm somewhat hoping D&D decide to play it like this because there is no clear-cut (right or wrong) answer for Bran.

Archived