If Bran went to King's Landing, what would change?

shameeka

If Bran managed to go to King's Landing by not falling from the tower or not go climbing at all, how would have things turned out?

1. War of the Five Kings

Catelyn would have stayed in Winterfell and therefore not have abducted Tyrion and started all the conflict between the Lannisters and the Starks. But She and Ned would still have suspected the Lannisters for murdering Jon Arryn. Ned would still have found out about Joffrey's true parentage, leading Cersei to 'accidentally' kill Robert. Littlefinger would still betray Ned and Joffrey would still be a dick and have Ned beheaded than sent to the Watch. Robb could still call the banners (and proclaim himself King in the North) but he and Cat would be in the North, how would the Vale and the Riverlands react?

2. Bran and Sansa as hostage of the Lannisters

Tywin married Sansa to Tyrion because she was the only known heir of Winterfell. (Bran, Rickon and Arya were all thought dead and Tywin was planning a little surprise wedding for Robb when he suggested the marriage) However, if Bran was in King's Landing Tywin would probably try to marry off Bran rather than Sansa. Who could be Bran's betrothed? (I'm thinking Cerenna or Myrielle Lannister, or possibly Janei Lannister)

3. Bran learning to fly?

Could the three-eyed crow still be able to reach Bran in Kings' Landing? Would Bran still learn how to be a skinchanger and a greenseer or would he learn to be a knight like he always dreamed?(Syrio Forel could have taught Bran to be a water dancer along with Ayra)

4. other speculations

There are so many numerous others, like would Theon still betray the Starks? Would the Red Wedding still happen as same as the books? Would Littlefinger smuggle Bran out of King's Landing as well in the purple wedding or would he just concern himself with Sansa only? I got so overwhelmed by this that I got a headache.

3 hours ago, Edd fetch me the boo box said:

Well the reason Robb didn't trade Jaime for Sansa and Arya was because they were girls. Bran being in the capital would change his tune, I wager. So that would actually be a good starting point for a successful negotiation to end hostilities.

But if Bran was in KL, Catelyn wouldn't have captured Tyrion leading Jaime to recklessly attack the Riverlands so Robb wouldn't have Jaime in his hands to trade with Bran. Robb would have to attack KL to get Bran back.

OR, he could bend the knee to Joffrey instead but would that be enough? I think it's likely that Cersei would keep Bran as a ward of the Crown to get the Starks to behave.

Archived