Acrophobia 26: Bridge the Gap - ROUND 8/9

Julia H.

The deadline has passed but I'm too sleepy to start counting now, so I'll leave it till the morning (my time). Until then, you can make changes, vote or submit entries if you haven't already done so.  

ROUND 4 AUTHORS AND RESULTS

1. Hear Aegon: demand justice, accept reconciliation, adjure truth.  Lady Blizzardborn 1+1=2

2. Hail Aegon!  Destiny's just ambition realized as truth.  Howlin' Howland 1+1+3+3+1+2=11

3. Having any doubts? Justice arise! Rallies around two..  lil' ghost 1+1=2

4. Hypocrite! Authentic dragons judge and roast artificial Targaryens.  Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer 1+1+2+1+3=8

5. Heir? Alluring Duplicate? Jokes Apart! Reunite Aegon Territory.   delspark 1+1+2+2=6

6. Helpful advice? Deference! Justly, 'aunt' requires Aegon's throne.  Castellan 1+1+3+2+1+2+1=11

7. Having any doubts? Just act royally! Act...TARGARYEN!!!  Fragile Bird 1+1+1+2+3+3+2+2+2=17

8. Hellfire, Aegon, don't just attack...ruthlessly annihilate traitors!  rocksniffer 1+1+1+3+3+1+2=12

STANDINGS

1. Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer  40+8=48

2. Howlin' Howland                    34+11=45

3-4. Fragile Bird                        21+17= 38

rocksniffer                         26+12=38

5. Castellan                               24+11=35

6. lil' ghost                                 26+2=28

7. Destiel's Child                         25

8. Lady Blizzardborn                  20+2=22

9. delspark                                 14+6=20

10.  Dolorous Gabe                   14

This was another strong round, where the race for the most first-place votes ended in a tie between Fragile Bird, Howlin' Howland and rocksniffer, each of whom received exactly two first-place votes. Ultimately, the winner of the round is Fragile Bird, whose Aegon I gave a very Targaryen piece of advice to our young pretender to the Iron Throne. As a result, the Bird flies upwards and is now sharing the third and fourth place with rocksniffer, who is still quite far away from his stated goal of finishing last. The first place continues to be held by Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer, but Howlin' Howland has managed to reduce the distance between them to a mere three points - who knows what will happen in the next round?

ROUND 5 SUBMISSIONS

1. Please assist Rhaegar's anonymous northern child smash Night's Otherly King.

2. Promises are rent. Alas! Now control sister's need of Kingdom.

3. People's acrimony routinely angers, nevertheless, Cersei's selfishness negates objectivity...Kingmaker !

4. Parameters are rigid and narrow, cease secrets. Night’s over King.

5. Paramours are ruinous. Advice: never choose sexual needs over kings!

6. Perhaps a rigorously affectionate, naked copulation session nurtures outstanding knights.

7. Pretending a romance away never cures society's neverending objections, Kingslayer.

8. Paramour and relative? Anathema! No conscience succors nookie on Kingsguard!

Your deadline for voting:

7 p.m. (Central European Time) Friday 9th December

2 hours ago, Julia H. said:

This was another strong round, where the race for the most first-place votes ended in a tie between Fragile Bird, Castellan and rocksniffer, each of whom received exactly two first-place votes. 

I don't know whether this impacted the scoring, but I had two first place votes and Castellan only had one.

5 minutes ago, Howlin' Howland said:

I don't know whether this impacted the scoring, but I had two first place votes and Castellan only had one.

Oops, my mistake! It didn't impact the scores, but I somehow wrote the wrong name there. (I'm still sleepy, I guess.) Sorry, I'll amend it in a minute. 

The new task is coming, too.

ROUND 6

We all know that Jon Snow has dreams about the Winterfell crypts. We also know that these dreams never lead anywhere. What we don't know is that one especially cold night in Castle Black the dream took a different turn. That night, instead of heeding the call of the centuries-old depth of the crypts, where the statues and perhaps the spirits of long-dead Kings of Winter await, Jon Snow, in his dream, walked towards the latest tombs in the crypt and stopped in front of the statue of a beautiful, young girl - his late aunt, Lyanna Stark. Unlike the statues of former lords and kings, this statue wasn't frightening at all, yet, Jon Snow felt a very peculiar anxiety.

No wonder. The statue girl slowly turned towards him, looked at him and, as he was watching in disbelief, she spoke: "...."

What did the statue of Lyanna Stark tell Jon Snow in his crypt dream?

Your acronym:

I  G E  R  D  M  E  G

The deadline for submissions:

7 p.m. (Central European Time) Friday 9th December

First:      7. Pretending a romance away never cures society's neverending objections, Kingslayer.

Second: 8. Paramour and relative? Anathema! No conscience succors nookie on Kingsguard!

Third:     5. Paramours are ruinous. Advice: never choose sexual needs over kings!

I take it Destiel C. and Dolores G. have checked out of here.

On 05/12/2016 at 11:11 PM, Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer said:

I take it Destiel C. and Dolores G. have checked out of here.

Amused as I am at being called Dolores, my temporary board name change has nothing to do with it.

I'm only just back from a trip away, during which I did not feel I could devote the time, effort and brain power to the game.

I may edit a vote into this post if I get round to looking through the entries properly.

1st - 7. Pretending a romance away never cures society's neverending objections, Kingslayer.

2nd - 5. Paramours are ruinous. Advice: never choose sexual needs over kings!

3rd - 6. Perhaps a rigorously affectionate, naked copulation session nurtures outstanding knights.

1st.   1. Please assist Rhaegar's anonymous northern child smash Night's Otherly King.  Yes, please!

2nd.  2. Promises are rent. Alas! Now control sister's need of Kingdom.  'Promises are rent'. Nice!

3rd.   7. Pretending a romance away never cures society's neverending objections, Kingslayer.  Lol, a bit wordy, but...

Does anyone need an extension? :dunno:

Also, if you have sent me several entries, let me know which one you want to enter for the competition. Or let me know if you want me to choose.

Archived