What if Euron is the ultimate villain

LordImp

After the Forsaken chapter Euron seems to be into some big shit . We know he's involvede with the Warlocks and who knows what else magic he is involved with .

- He has sailed around the world and visited Asshai and Valyria. Its possible he learnt some magic in these places , both of these locations are devestated and doomed. So if Euron learnt some magic there its most likely not good magic .

- He has a dragonbinder horn that currently is with Victarion on the way to Mereen. Popular theories suggest that Vic blows the horn , dies and thus bounding the dragon with Euron. So Euron might get a dragon at some point.

- We know he's pure evil , he's a Ramsay with magic. He might have molested Aeron as a child and also possibly killed his own brother Urri.

- He might have been a failed apprentice of Bloodraven. So its possible that he is a greenseer aswell .

- He is involved with the Warlocks . Its unclear if he's using the Warlocks or the Warlocks use him but the most likely option is that the Warlocks is one of Eurons tools. Euron has drink so much Shade of evening that his lips have turned blue. So he probably uses the magic of the Warlocks to reach his goal .

- Many belive that the horn Sam brought to Oldtown is the horn of Joramund. Euron is heading to Oldtown and might get his hands on the horn. So its also a possibilty that Euron will bring down the Wall.

- Some theories suggest that Euron is into some weather magic and that he will summon a storm to crush the Redwyne fleet . So he might into   storm magic aswell . In TWOIAF we read that there are Aeromancers in Asshai , we dont know what Aeromancers are but it sounds like someone manipulating the weather . Maybe Euron learned some air magic in Asshai? 

- He has a valyrian Armor which probably makes him protected against dragonfire .

- Some theories suggests that he also has a glass candle . A glass candle gives Euron the ability to see across vast distances . 

- We dont know if the Others have a leader. So if Euron brings down the Wall and release the Others upon Westeros he might bound the Others to his will and step up as the new Nights King . Or he might just be a agent of whoever controls the Others.

So to summon up Euron might be involved with many kinds of magic and may even get a dragon at some point . Euron is a guy we shall count on in the upcoming books and will become one of the major big bads , maybe even the ultimate big bad ? At least he will cause havoc in Westeros and be one of Danys rivals . I think the second Dance of dragons will be between Euron and Dany.

My theory on Euron is that he wants a magic Apocalypse in Westeros , he wants dragons , Others , wights and maybe some other creatures ( Deep ones ?) to  wander freely around in a apocalyptic world . I dont think the Iron throne is his endgame , i think his endgame is tied to magic . He wants to become the new god , rule a hellish Westeros and have every magical creature bound to his will . 

Will Euron become the ultimate villain in this story or is he just a antagonist in Danys arc ? 

8 minutes ago, Abdallah said:

Dude read the forsaken chapter. Euron is one sick son of a bitch. 

Are you refering to me? If so , i have read the Forsaken chapter and thats what makes me belive Euron so much more than just a ordinary ironborn . Damn i cant wait for TWOW . 

i don't think this series really have villains, just humans and their hearts and conflicts, desires and petty ambitions, even the heinous ways of Euron can be seen as very good for the iron born.

so i would say that euron is building up to be the more cruel and itwisted character, but not necessarily a villain. 

6 hours ago, BlueNightzx said:

i don't think this series really have villains, just humans and their hearts and conflicts, desires and petty ambitions, even the heinous ways of Euron can be seen as very good for the iron born.

so i would say that euron is building up to be the more cruel and itwisted character, but not necessarily a villain. 

I don't think he is good news even for Ironborn. He is using them for his own end by saying what they want to hear. 

Yes in real life there are no villains and ASOIAF is one of the most realistic stories. But from a storytelling perspective there are villains in ASOIAF. These people are not necessarily antagonistic people with a mixture of qualities but these are people who have very few or no redeeming qualities. Like Joffery, Ramsay, Cersei and Euron. In short villains are people we are supposed to root against and not to have conflicted opinion on. In that case, Euron is pretty much the classic villain.

18 hours ago, LordImp said:

Popular theories suggest that Vic blows the horn , dies and thus bounding the dragon with Euron. So Euron might get a dragon at some point.

Victarion's WOW sample addresses this. He has no intention of blowing it himself. He's dumb, not suicidal. 

18 hours ago, LordImp said:

He has a valyrian Armor which probably makes him protected against dragonfire .

No reason to think valyrian steel is dragonfire-proof and even if it was, doubt it would hep against a full-on fire blast. Sorry to nit-pick. 

But I pretty much agree that he's just one villain in play. Most vile, possibly. Him and Ramsay would be great friends. But he's drunk on magic and power and clearly not thinking well. His actions in his WoW chapter make me think he doesn't necessarily KNOW how to do magic, but believes in it's power and wants it on his side, one way or another. 

I think he's going to end up doing something like nearly taking Oldtown before doing something stupid and dying. 

Summon a kracken? Seriously doubt it, but man would that be cool. 

12 minutes ago, Lord Vance II said:

Victarion's WOW sample addresses this. He has no intention of blowing it himself. He's dumb, not suicidal. 

No reason to think valyrian steel is dragonfire-proof and even if it was, doubt it would hep against a full-on fire blast. Sorry to nit-pick. 

But I pretty much agree that he's just one villain in play. Most vile, possibly. Him and Ramsay would be great friends. But he's drunk on magic and power and clearly not thinking well. His actions in his WoW chapter make me think he doesn't necessarily KNOW how to do magic, but believes in it's power and wants it on his side, one way or another. 

I think he's going to end up doing something like nearly taking Oldtown before doing something stupid and dying. 

Summon a kracken? Seriously doubt it, but man would that be cool. 

The Forsaken chapter hints that he is a big deal and will not die in Oldtown . 

No need to be suicidal to blow the horn . Vic is dumb enough to blow it , also possible Moqorro talks him into it . 

28 minutes ago, LordImp said:

No need to be suicidal to blow the horn

He has already chosen 3 men each for one hornblast. Whatever it was he needed to blow it himself, so far he clearly intends not to do so.

I'd be mightily puzzled by your post if I didn't read the signature.

So many points of disagreement. Just listing two.

The Warlocks haven't proven themselves to be very effective, for one thing. They tried to entrap Dany and got their house burned down, for their efforts. And Victarion has Moqorro, who has proven talent.

Euron may have Valryrian armor, which itself may be proof against dragonfire because that was used in its forging, but the man inside could still be roasted while the armor remains untouched. VS isn't quite magical.

Euron is major bad news, but I don't think he'll be the top villain: maybe in the top 5.

1 hour ago, Light a wight tonight said:

So many points of disagreement. Just listing two.

The Warlocks haven't proven themselves to be very effective, for one thing. They tried to entrap Dany and got their house burned down, for their efforts. And Victarion has Moqorro, who has proven talent.

Euron may have Valryrian armor, which itself may be proof against dragonfire because that was used in its forging, but the man inside could still be roasted while the armor remains untouched. VS isn't quite magical.

Euron is major bad news, but I don't think he'll be the top villain: maybe in the top 5.

I never stated that the Warlocks are effective , i was just pointing out that he was involved with the Warlocks . 

I can't imagine Euron is the ultimate villain, that role belongs to the Others.  Will he be sub-boss material?  Absolutely.  I do think he, paired with Cersei, will be the last remaining evil yet living force that needs to be dealt with.

Also

Spoiler

The Forsaken chapter reveals that not only did he molest Urri and Aeron, and also killed three of his brothers.  So yeah, crazy man with magic, it's not going to be easy to take him down.

11 hours ago, LordImp said:

I never stated that the Warlocks are effective , i was just pointing out that he was involved with the Warlocks . 

Why mention them then? Including them in the conversation implies that they are important to the topic. 

3 hours ago, Light a wight tonight said:

Why mention them then? Including them in the conversation implies that they are important to the topic. 

Why should i not mention them ? This is a thread on how dangerous Euron really are and for all we know the Warlocks might be important in Eurons arc. It is a fact that Euron is involved with the Warlocks , so its pretty natural to mention them on a topic about Euron. 

3 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

He inflicts greyscale on the realm before the coming of the Others. The Bloodstone Emperor's Blood Betrayal ushered in the Long Night, that is he came and did his dash before.

I like the idea of Euron being the new Bloodstone Emperor . 

9 hours ago, V Targaryen said:

I can't imagine Euron is the ultimate villain, that role belongs to the Others.  Will he be sub-boss material?  Absolutely.  I do think he, paired with Cersei, will be the last remaining evil yet living force that needs to be dealt with.

Also

Hide contents

The Forsaken chapter reveals that not only did he molest Urri and Aeron, and also killed three of his brothers.  So yeah, crazy man with magic, it's not going to be easy to take him down.

He will probably the last obstacle on Danys road to unite the seven Kingdoms . I also think Euron will change Dany. Remember that Quathie told Dany to remember who she is. I think Dany will become a true valyrian dragonlord and deal with the Slavers bay in a harsh way. But after a confrontation with Euron , i think she will decide that she is not a dragonlord and she will decide to go North and fight the Others. 

Archived