HBO's Westworld(v3)- The man in black fled across the desert, and we all followed. [spoilers]

Ramsay B.

8 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I'm telling everyone about it to! Hope it catches on! Had it even been renewed for a second season yet?

Didn't filming get stopped halfway through the season to give them time to rewrite it as a potential returning series as opposed to a one-off*? Even if it's not officially renewed, it'd take a lot of failure for it not to be. You'd think it's a given with the reception it has.

*This is a cause of concern for me, if true, but we'll see.

Anyway, the fact that this is probably only my fourth-favourite (behind Quarry, Atlanta, and the Young Pope, though I'm only partway through any of them so that might change depending on endings) of the new shows this autumn shows how crazy-good this autumn season has been for debuting series.

47 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Didn't filming get stopped halfway through the season to give them time to rewrite it as a potential returning series as opposed to a one-off*? Even if it's not officially renewed, it'd take a lot of failure for it not to be. You'd think it's a given with the reception it has.

*This is a cause of concern for me, if true, but we'll see.

Anyway, the fact that this is probably only my fourth-favourite (behind Quarry, Atlanta, and the Young Pope, though I'm only partway through any of them so that might change depending on endings) of the new shows this autumn shows how crazy-good this autumn season has been for debuting series.

It's my favourite, with the Young Pope second. 

Hopefully there's no bad editing/writing in the last episodes considering that had to change it...

25 minutes ago, Biter said:

I think it'll be interesting to see how Teddy's journey continues. I feel like I have a basic idea where Dolores' and Maeve's journeys are headed, but I'm quite clueless about Teddy.

I like Dolores but I love Teddy. Really feel for the bloke. Maeve and Hector are my favourites though. Snake Lady and Lawrence closely follow. MiB is a great character with great acting from Harris but it's all about the hosts for me. 

My wife thinks that Maeve's line asking, "how do you know?" to the surgeon guy about being a robot, means that someone we think is a human is really a robot.

In light of the fact that Theresa is part of the satellite upload plot, my wife has her as the robot in question.  I think it's certainly plausible, if not even probable.

I haven't even finished processing the election episode yet, but the idea of hosts "coded for the purposes of this simulation to read as a human."  Yeah.

Also I'm gonna need both a .gif, and a long overly analyzed interpretation of that series of looks that happened after "Bernard"(old) was fired. 

3 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Holy Fuck! 

Well that's one theory confirmed and one that I was a hundred percent on board with. Watching Bernard find out he was a host was heartbreaking. Hopkins was incredible in the final scene. 

He was more villainous than I've ever seen him. I thought it was brilliant.  I suppose they are building a replacement for Theresa .  

Glad they didn't drag the reveal about Bernard out. It was too obvious to last any longer. I guess the only question is, was Bernard based off Arnold or was there just some employee named Bernard that got replaced by a host? Either way, at least we know have the answer that those scenes with him and Dolores took place in the past. 

Holy shit!!! I bow to those that had the Bernard theory. :bowdown:

I guess there might be multiple 'employees' who are in fact hosts. And Theresa will soon join them. 

Still don't know about William being MiB. At this point anything is possible.

And I agree that Hopkins was brilliant in that last scene. 

Just now, Corvinus said:

Holy shit!!! I bow to those that had the Bernard theory. :bowdown:

I guess there might be multiple 'employees' who are in fact hosts. And Theresa will soon join them. 

Still don't know about William being MiB. At this point anything is possible.

And I agree that Hopkins was brilliant in that last scene. 

I feel like they hintend thst William is during that exchange between William and Dolores. 

Excellent episode again.  I love the Maeve stuff, but still don't think it's really realistic that the two guys wouldn't just turn her off and make up some reason to shelve her, but I'm willing to go with it.  Ha.  I knew Bernard was a robot, but I'm not sure he's the Arnold replacement but still leaning that way.  I'm also leaning more toward William as MiB, but still don't love that conclusion.  Ford showed his Dr. Frankenstein side in spades tonight.  The hottie from the board better watch her step or she will be replaced as well.

The ending was fantastic. Ford is one scary man. So we've seen Ford and Bernard question hosts in that room before. It has me questioning Dolores much more now. Is she based on a real person as I now believe Bernard is? (Based on the schematics chez Ford) I was questioning Bernard for a while now ever since his interview with Dolores in the Ford house back in episode 2. Bernard seemed a bit off in that interview. A bit too emotional and almost cruel in it.

Yes, the Theresa host seemed to have already been in the process of being constructed. Maybe that was Bernard last episode with Elise at the end. Is she dead and now a host? The mind is spinning a bit now.

Is Dolores directing William to the church in her "memories"? She seemed to be conveniently manipulating him this episode. And William is quickly falling down the rabbit hole of Westworld. (Alice in Wonderland references have been a bit heavy lately)Could he actually be the man at the center of the maze who never left the park? Could the MiB be simply trying to find him? Too much speculation. I just have to let the season play out.

That ending was amazing. Hopkins/Ford is an absolute magnificent bastard.

I'm trying to process what happened and how it relates to past events. Bernard's conversations with Delores take on a new meaning and on one hand they appear completely orchestrated by Ford. Yet Delores appeared to be "infected" by Abernathy's "These violent delights bring violent ends" and then infected Maeve. Is this bug another thread or is this Arnold's code coming back. 

Also, Delores appears to have reached the beginning of the Maze. Is she being called there by Arnold or is she being sent there by Ford? If she is being sent there by Ford, is to somehow thwart the the Man in Black? I can see him finally getting there only to be confronted by vengeful Delores who says, "Draw."

1 hour ago, Mark Antony said:

I wonder how many other dead humans Ford has replaced. :eek: 

Wished we would've found out what happened to Elsie. 

You mean other than the Board member...? 

With Ford's absolute control over the park, how can he not know about Maeve?

Archived