US Elections: The Last Trump

mormont

6 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I can't believe I just came across this...

Great idea. Not sure they used the best scenes/quotes in context, but fairly well done.

Dark, in concept and visually.

So i take it your a trump supporter? Just kidding but i'm just going to be happy when trump loses. Then hopefully he will shut up but not likely. Have you heard of TN.

TN? No, I havent' heard of it. And what I'm looking forward to is the sheet wearers of the alt right shutting up after Trump loses. What Trump says after this election won't much matter. He will have the stink of the stink of the loser on him after. Also, he will lose the megaphone a major party nominee has.

4 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

TN? No, I havent' heard of it. And what I'm looking forward to is the sheet wearers of the alt right shutting up after Trump loses. What Trump says after this election won't much matter. He will have the stink of the stink of the loser on him after. Also, he will lose the megaphone a major party nominee has.

Referring to Trump News, The Donald's supposed new network. I'm not so sure that Trump will lose his megaphone even if he loses. He is a press magnet. I have to imagine that the meltdown is going to be spectacular, and there will be huge ratings to be had by broadcasting it. 

15 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Sadly I doubt Mr Trump is going away.  Consider a scenario where he looses by less than a landslide ( which appears to be the most likely outcome at this point).   He then declines to concede, claiming loudly that the election was rigged.  While the lack of a concession by the loosing candidate means nothing from a legal standpoint, it could well turn him into a folk hero to a substantial minority of the country.  To his most committed followers, probably a out 15% to 20% of the electorate, he would be the real president and the existing government illegitimate.   if he combines this with the launch of his own network to give himself a continued national bulhorn, he could remain a major national problem for years to come.

Ah, yes I've heard of Trump News. He may well take some media market share and earn some money. I'm not so sure it'll be at all relevant to my own life what he does. I doubt Republicans are foolish enough to nominate him, or anyone named Trump, a second time. I'm a lot more worried what monster the Republicans will nominate in 2020, since they seem to get worse every election.

If it's a narrow loss, however, the Trumpites will have a better argument that the Establishment's weak support led to the loss. If it's a medium to landslide loss though, he will be known as a big loser. And that tends to bleed some support. Romney couldn't get the nom again for this reason, even though some would like him back at this point.

Whatever happened to so much winning that we'll get sick of it?

3 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Trump has raised the bar on lowering the bar. A lot of people are talking about it, believe me.

I'd say he's lowered the bar on alot of things.  Honesty in a candidate, civil discourse, transparency, decency and the list could go on and on.

I don't think even Trump can possibly lower any bar on what counts as a news organization. There is no bar. For it to succeed, it will have to be primarily an entertainment thing like the rest of them. The daily show and bill Maher will just play clips from it and make a joke. Theyll keep each other in business for years with that proven formula.

Archived